Bessie meaning and origin
Eminent and Conifer Bessie's origin is Hebrew, meaning of Bessie is "God is My Oath, Form of Elizabeth, Concentrated to God, House, God's Promise, My God is Abundance, My God has Sworn, God is Fullness or My God is Perfect" used predominantly in English, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish and Swedish is bestowed upon both genders.. The name is celebrated on November 17th.
Variants of Bessie
View middle names that goes with Bessie like Kristina, Sloane, Catherine, Juna, Maxine, Leona,Names that rhyme with Bessie
Popularity of Bessie
Bessie was a popular name in United States. Over 170772 babies have been given the moniker in 202 years. When at its peak in 1889, 4122 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 9th position. However after 202 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Moreover, the first name has been to the top 10 baby names 2 times Bessie is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 2014, it ranked 1094th when 32 girls were named Bessie. Over 317 people have been named Bessie in England and Wales.
Bessie is a rare baby name in France and may not be used now. Bessie is a common name in England, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Philippines, Malawi, Canada and Liberia while somewhat familiar name in Zambia, Papua New Guinea, Ghana, Scotland, China, Chile, El Salvador, Wales, Australia, Israel and Brazil. According to our estimate, at least 170000 people have been bestowed Bessie around the globe.
Bessie in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Bessie?
You often doubt your skills when you see someone more gifted, or better than you. People who know you describe you as driven and ambitious. You are deeply related to the 5 senses. You never establish clumsy connections. Others see you as perfect, so start acting so. You should stop hoping that everyone will understand and support you. You like your freedom and independence. Give your head a break and keep an open mind. Things aren't always as they seem.
Other names similar to Bessie, for soon-to-be-parents
- Monique - The widespread unisex name Monique means "Monk or Hermit" has its roots in Latin and Old Greek is prevalently used in French, Norwegian and Danish. Popular Monique ranked at 462 position in 2004 on baby girl names chart in United States
- Marvin - Illustrous and All time favorite unisex name Marvin means "Famous or Friend, Sea Lover or Marrow Eminent" and is used largely in Norwegian, English and Danish is originated from Welsh and Anglo-Saxon
- Ira - The prevailing and evergreen unisex name Ira is used in Italian, Norwegian and Marathi has its roots in Old Greek and Hebrew, Ira means "Watchful or Wind"
- Annabelle - The widely accepted and all time favorite unisex name Annabelle means "Easy to Love or Beautiful" and is principally used in Danish, English and Norwegian is rooted from German and Germanic languages
- Vernon - Meaning of Vernon is Modeled on a French Place Names or Boyish is used substantially in Tamil, Irish and English, a gender-neutral name is of Old French and Latin origin
Namesakes of Bessie
- Bessie Griffin, African-American gospel singer
- Bessie Anderson Stanley, American writer
- Bessie Rischbieth, influential and early Australian feminist and social activist
- Bessie Toner, motion picture and theater actress
- Bessie Blount Griffin, writer, physical therapist, inventor
- Bessie Smith, American blues singer
- Bessie Love, American motion picture actress
- Bessie Coleman, American civil aviator
- Bessie Thomashefsky, Russian-born Jewish American singer
- Bessie Head, though born in South Africa
- Bessie Jones, American gospel and folk singer credited with helping to bring folk songs
- Bessie Brown, American classic female blues, jazz
- Bessie Raiche, dentist, businesswoman, and physician
- Bessie Braddock, British Labour Party politician
- Bessie Bardot, Australian businesswoman, author, body model
- Bessie Potter Vonnoh, American sculptor best
- Bessie Barriscale, American silent-film and stage actress
- Bessie Banks, American soul singer, best
- Bessie Holland in Knives Out as Actress
- Bessie Cursons in The Party as Actress
- Bessie Amato in I Saw as Actress
- Bessie Carter in Les Misérables as Actress
- Bessie Boniel in movie The Innocence of Lizette as Writer
- In 1917 comedy, drama movie, Cheerful Givers, Bessie Buskirk played Lizzie Vance.
- Bessie Wharton, from 1916 drama movie The City, who played Mary Hale.
- In 1928 drama movie, The Midnight Ace, Bessie Givens characterized N.
- In 1932, Bessie Richards characterized the role of Mrs. Williams in drama movie The Final Reckoning.
- Bessie Stinson, from 1920 drama film Respectable by Proxy, who portrayed the Rita Middleton.
- In 2002, Bessie Ming-Kwan Chan characterized the role of N in action and crime film Black Mask vs. Gambling Mastermind.
- In 1919 comedy, western film, It's a Bear, Bessie the Bear played N.
Lists having Bessie
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with B
- Girls names beginning with B
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -sie
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1927)
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Oath
- Baby Names that mean House
- Baby Names that mean Promise
- Baby Names that mean Abundance
- Baby Names that mean Sworn
- Baby Names that mean Fullness
- Baby Names that mean Perfect