Mira meaning and origin
Originated from Latin, Sanskrit, Old Slavic, Slavonic and Hebrew, Prevalent and Ceaseless Mira means "Admirable, Aristrocratic Lady, Wonderful, Peace or Lord Krishnas Devotee" and is aimed at both sexes is prevalently used in Sanskrit, Assamese, Marathi, Kannada, Hindi, Indian, Arabic, Tamil, Malayalam, Slavic, Oriya, Gujarati, English, Telugu and Bengali. Mira is a version of Meira. Meira is feminine form of Meir. Meira's meaning is Light is of Hebrew origin. Mira is a version of pleasing and perennial Myra. Myra is variation of biblical and commonly accepted Moira. Myra is effeminate variation of Myron. Myra is form of Mary and Myra in English language. Illustrous and Ceaseless Myra's origin is English, meaning of Myra is "Divinely Precious and Myrrh".. Mira is celebrated on August 15.
Variants of MiraNames that rhyme with Mira
Popularity of Mira
a popular name in United States having over 9950 recievers in 120 years of usage. Recently peaking at the charts, the moniker grabbed the 465th spot and 672 baby girls were given the name. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 500 baby names 2 times Mira is a common name in France given to over 1278 babies in 65 years. At present the moniker is on a rise, in 2016, it ranked 456th when 126 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, Mira used to be a common name in Switzerland, first appeared in 1998 and over 948 babies have been given the name in 20 years. At its zenith in 2013,. After 20 years, the name has past its prime. Also, A common name in Sweden having over 481 recievers in 3 years of usage. At present the name is rising, in 2007, 191 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 67th position. Also, Mira is a common name in Belgium given to over 1037 babies in 24 years. Recently the moniker is on a rise, in 2014, the moniker grabbed the 82nd spot and 112 baby girls were given the name.
Mira is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 500 names. Recently in 2018, 91 babies were given Mira and it reached its peak ranking, 472 on girl names chart. Over 648 babies in England and Wales have been named Mira. Also, in Netherlands, in just 5 years, it has made it to the top 200 names. Recently in 2016, 99 babies were given Mira and it reached its peak ranking, 148 on girl names chart. Over 446 babies in Netherlands have been named Mira.
However things change on global perspective, Mira is extremely popular in India where every 1 in 2000 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Indonesia, Egypt, Nepal, Croatia, Bangladesh, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Algeria, Mozambique, Russia, Kazakhstan, Poland, Philippines, Uzbekistan, Israel and Finland. According to our evaluation, at least 1550000 people have been bestowed Mira around the globe.
Mira in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Mira
Help them improve instead of judging. Some would say that you are cold-hearted and insensitive but the truth is that you are the most sensitive person. If you can buy it with money, it means it's cheap. To have letter A as your capstone in your name indicates your independence and ambitious attitude. Your intellectual mind is always generating new creative ideas. And you are respected for living according to your own rules.
Go through the following names similar to Mira
- Tawqir - Boy name Tawqir means "Honor, Honour or Great Respect" is principally used in Sindhi and Arabic
- Ashia - Offbeat Ashia is originated from Sanskrit and Arabic is used as a girl name, Ashia means "Lively or Woman" is particulary used in Arabic and Tamil
- Taysir - Primarily used in Hindi and Sindhi recent and creative and adventurous, Taysir means "Facilitation or One who Helps Others" and is aimed at boys is originated from Arabic
- Wasim - Meaning of Wasim is Handsome or Honest is used in Arabic, German and Hindi aimed at baby boys came from Arabic
- Bani - Curious unisex name Bani is chiefly used in Bengali, Assamese and Arabic, meaning of Bani is "An Orator or Children"
Namesakes of Mira
- Mira Banjac, Serbian actress
- Mira Kuś, contemporary Polish poet
- Mira Nábělková, Slovak linguist
- Mira Nair, Indian-American filmmaker based in New York City
- Mira Furlan, Croatian actress and singer
- Mira Sorvino, American actress
- Mira Spivak, former member of the Canadian Senate representing the province of Manitoba
- Mira Stupica, Serbian actress best known for her work
- Mira Calix, British-based artist signed to Warp Records
- Mira Aroyo, Bulgarian musician
- Mira Leung, Canadian former competitive figure skater
- Mira Trailović, Serbian dramaturg and one of the most distinguished theatre directors
- Mira Craig, Norwegian R&B artist
- Mira, five-piece dream pop/shoegaze band
- Mira Datta Gupta, well-known freedom fighter, social worker
- Mira Dobreva, Bulgarian TV news presenter recently working on Bâlgarska Nationalna Televizija
- Mira Books, book publishing imprint of Harlequin Enterprises that focuses on mainstream fiction
- Mira Popova in Bikini Karate Babes as Actress
- Miranda Lee Richards in All the Real Girls as Soundtrack
- Miranda Barry in Who Is Max Mouse?: Part 1 as Writer
- Miranda Gooch in Boogeyman as Casting Director
- Miranda Stevens in Nightmare as Actress
- Miranda Hampton in Elected Silence as Actress
- Mira Eklund in Hotell as Actress
- Mirai Haneda in Big Bust New Faces Lesbian Interview as Actress
- Mira Awad, whose real name is Mira Anwar Awad, is a singer, actress and singer-songwriter daughter of Israeli father, Christian Arab, and Bulgarian mother.
- In 2008 drama movie, Meine Mutter, mein Bruder und ich!, Mira Bartuschek played Lilly.
- In 2001 action, thriller flick, Die Sünde der Unschuld, Mira Gittner characterized Isabell.
- In 1988 comedy film, Fogo e Paixão, Mira Haar characterized N.
- In 1960 drama movie, Izgubljena olovka, Mira Nikolic characterized Uciteljica.
- In 1977 action, thriller flick, Mister O, Mira Yoon portrayed N.
- Mira Hart, from 1920 drama movie Der Sklave seiner Leidenschaft, who characterized N.
- In 2010 drama flick, Eine Flexible Frau, Mira Partecke characterized Greta.
- Mira Berginc characterized the small role of N in 1986 drama flick Usodni telefon.
Lists having Mira
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- American Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Slavic Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Assamese Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2017)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2014)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Admirable
- Baby Names that mean Lady
- Baby Names that mean Wonderful
- Baby Names that mean Peace
- Baby Names that mean Ocean
- Baby Names that mean Boundary
- Baby Names that mean Desire
- Baby Names that mean Helmet
- Baby Names that mean Protection
- Baby Names that mean Lord
- Baby Names that mean Krishna
- Baby Names that mean Devotee
- Baby Names that mean High
- Baby Names that mean Girl
- Baby Names that mean Prosperous
- Baby Names that mean Glory