Lacey name meaning
On This Page
What does Lacey mean?
Meaning of Lacey is From Normandy, France or Braid, from Latin Laqueus = Noose used for both boys and girls which originated from Latin, Old French and Old Greek is used predominantly in Swedish, English and Finnish.
Lacey is form of renowned Larissa. Larissa is a variant of famous Larisa. Larissa is Russian equivalent of Lara. Mainstream Fashinable and Durable Larissa is originated from Old Greek, Larissa means "The Lovely and Seagull".
How do I pronounce Lacey?
l(a)-cey is the most common way to pronounce two syllabled Lacey.
Variants of Lacey
How popular is the name Lacey?
Lacey was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1886 around 52558 babies have been given the name. At its zenith in 1984, 2399 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 116th position.
However after 194 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still going strong on charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names 39 times Also, Lacey was a popular name in England and Wales.
Over 12512 babies have been given the given name in 23 years. At the peak of its usage in 2010, the moniker grabbed the 36th spot and 1571 baby girls were given the name.
However after 23 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still going strong on charts. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 3 times
Lacey is a familiar baby name in Queensland, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 100 names.
In 2008, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 58 on girl names chart when 78 babies were given the name Lacey. There are over 496 babies that have been given the name Lacey in Queensland.
In Ireland, Lacey is a unique name where it has been in use since 2006 and has secured the place in top 200 names. In 2013, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 143 on girl names chart when 42 babies were named Lacey.
Over 370 people have been named Lacey in Ireland.
Lacey is a rare baby name in Belgium however it is still in use. Lacey is a common name in Canada while somewhat familiar name in England, Australia and Peru.
At least, 60000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Here's what numbers has to say about Lacey
You need to open up and allow your closest ones to enter your real world. You are a sensitive fellow who's often taken for granted. You have a powerful appearance. You always make the best entrance, no matter where you appear. You deserve the best because you are simply the best. You can turn from the excessive thinker into a careless child in no time. You are reliable and always give the best advice.
Looking for names similar to Lacey? Please go through the following names
- Afraa - The unisex name Afraa means "Happiness or White" used majorly in Arabic and Arabic is originated from Latin
- Biagio - Largely used in Italian unexpected, Biagio is of Latin origin, a baby boy name, meaning of Biagio is "Bègue or Lisping"
- Venisha - Venisha's meaning is Dedicated used for baby girls, used notably in Marathi, Hindi and Gujarati has its origin in Latin
- Sylvaine - Sylvaine's meaning is Forest came from Latin
- Elodie - Commonly Accepted and Enduring Elodie is originated from Gothic, Latin and Old High German is principally used in English and French and a baby girl name, Elodie means "Foreign, Free Possession or Wealth"
Middle names for Lacey
There are many prominent and distinctive middle names that are commonly paired with Lacey.
View more middle names that goes with Lacey.
Famous people named Lacey
- Lacey Fosburgh, American journalist, author, and academic best
- Lacey Hearn, American athlete and middle distance runner
- Lacey Chabert, American actress, voice actress, and singer
- Lacey Turner, British actress, best
- Lacey, American former professional wrestler, most
- Lacey Robert Johnson, Canadian Pacific Railway pioneer
- Lacey Sturm, American singer and songwriter
- Lacey Schwimmer, American ballroom dancer and singer
- Lacey Putney, American politician
Lists having Lacey
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2015)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Cheerful
- Baby Names that mean City
- Baby Names that mean Mythical
- Baby Names that mean Woman