Antoine name meaning
On This Page
What does Antoine mean?
Antoine's meaning is Inestimable, Highly Praiseworthy, Beyond Praise, Invaluable or Feeds on Flower is used in Dutch, Irish, French and English has its roots in Greek and Latin is bestowed upon both sexes.
Also Antoine is Irish and French equivalent of Anthony. It is celebrated on January 17 or July 5.
How do I pronounce Antoine?
The two syllabled name Antoine is commonly pronounced as an-twon.
Variants of AntoineNames that rhyme with Antoine
How popular is the name Antoine?
Antoine is a popular name in United States given to over 26804 babies in 163 years. When at its peak in 1985, 829 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 262nd position.
Additionally, the name has been in the top 500 baby names 26 times Also, Antoine was a very popular name in France. Over 276480 babies have been named Antoine since 1900.
At its zenith in 1997, the moniker grabbed the 6th spot and 6752 baby boys were given the name. However after 175 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still going strong on charts.
Moreover, the name has been to the top 10 baby names 10 times
Antoine used to be a common name in Belgium, first appeared in 1995 and over 6695 babies have been given the name in 24 years.
When at its peak in 1997,. However after 24 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Antoine is a familiar baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 100 names.
In 2003, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 95 on boy names chart when 78 babies were given the name Antoine. Over 1123 people have been named Antoine in Switzerland.
Antoine is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 800 names. In 1997, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 725 on boy names chart when 26 babies were named Antoine.
Over 387 babies in England and Wales have been named Antoine. However things change on global perspective, Antoine is extremely popular in DR Congo where every 1 in 400 have the name.
Also the baby name is popular in Lebanon, Cameroon, Benin, Haiti, Burundi, Rwanda, Madagascar, Central African Republic, Guinea, Ethiopia, Burkina Faso, Congo, Ivory Coast, Chad, Togo, Canada, Egypt and Senegal. As per our findings, over 710000 babies have been bestowed Antoine around the globe.
Antoine in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Antoine
Number 3 as a personality no represents creativity, passion, extravagance, and positivity. You have a sharp focus and nothing slips your eye. You want to shout it out to the world that not everyone has to think or behave the same. You remind people that life is for you to live it, and not survive, something many do these days. Your inner vitality inspires people to do great things. You are afraid of falling in love deeply and get betrayed by the person you love.
Other names similar to Antoine
- Ursulina - Girl name Ursulina means "Little Bear" and is principally used in Italian and Spanish has origin in Latin
- Linaïc - The Linaïc means "Lin" is of Latin origin
- Reene - Of Latin and African-Hausa origin, Cherished and Ceaseless Reene is used as a girl name is majorly used in Swedish, Finnish and Danish. Reene is equivalent of Rene in Finnish language
- Patricia - Prevalently used in Danish, Icelandic and Norwegian long standing and illustrous, Patricia is rooted from Latin and is used for both genders, meaning of Patricia is "Noblewoman, The Word Patricius with the Meaning of Noble Class or Nobleman"
- Carinna - Origin of Offbeat Carinna is in Latin and Italian is used as a baby girl name, meaning of Carinna is "Cute or Pretty" is substantially used in Italian and German
Middle names for Antoine
Some great options for popular and familiar middle names to go with Antoine.
View more middle names that goes with Antoine.
Sibling Names for Antoine
Looking for a unique and charming name for your baby boy? Antoine is a lovely choice that translates to "invaluable" or "priceless" in French. If you're considering this moniker, here are some sibling names that complement Antoine's elegance and sophistication.
Sister for Antoine
Names for Antoine's brother
Famous people named Antoine
- Antoine Drouot, French officer
- Antoine Alexandre Barbier, French librarian and bibliographer
- Antoine Héroet, French poet
- Antoine Bourdelle, influential and prolific French sculptor, painter
- Antoine Destutt de Tracy, French Enlightenment aristocrat and philosopher
- Antoine Pinay, French conservative politician
- Antoine Arnauld, French Roman Catholic theologian
- Antoine Achard, Genevan Protestant minister born in Geneva
- Antoine François Prévost, French author and novelist
- Antoine Brumel, French composer
- Antoine Christophe Merlin, member of several legislative bodies during the era of the French Revolution
- Antoine Jacques Claude Joseph, comte Boulay de la Meurthe, French politician and magistrate
- Antoine de Laloubère, a Jesuit,
- Antoine Girard de Saint-Amant, French poet, was born near Rouen
- Antoine Galland, French orientalist and archaeologist
- Antoine Ó Raifteiri, Irish language poet
- Antoine Coysevox, French sculptor, was born at Lyon
- Antoine Coypel, history painter
- Antoine Busnois, French composer and poet of the early Renaissance Burgundian School
- Antoine Ghonda, foreign minister of the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Antoine Varillas, French historian
- Antoine Idji Kolawolé, Beninese politician
- Antoine Duhamel, French composer
- Antoine Pevsner, Russian-born sculptor and the older brother of Alexii Pevsner and Naum Gabo
- Antoine de Févin, Franco-Flemish composer of the Renaissance
- Antoine Marfan, French pediatrician
- Antoine Lahad, leader of the South Lebanon Army
- Antoine Court de Gébelin, former Protestant pastor, born at Nîmes
- Antoine Izméry, Haitian businessman and pro-democracy activist
- Antoine Dauvergne, French composer and violinist
- Antoine Clot, while practicing in Egypt
- Antoine Nduwayo, Prime Minister of Burundi
- Antoine Janis, 19th-century French-American fur trader and an early white homesteader
- Antoine Gustave Droz, author
- Antoine Joseph Santerre, businessman and general during the French Revolution
- Antoine Christophe Saliceti, French politician and diplomat of the Revolution and First Empire
- Antoine Lavoisier, French nobleman and chemist who was central to the 18th-century chemical revolution and
- Antoine Thomson d'Abbadie, during the first half of the 19th century
- Antoine Laurent de Jussieu, French botanist
- Antoine Jérôme Balard, French chemist and one of the discoverers of bromine
- Antoine François, comte de Fourcroy, French chemist and a contemporary of Antoine Lavoisier
- Antoine Perrenot de Granvelle, Burgundian statesman, made a cardinal,
- Antoine de Jussieu, French naturalist
- Antoine Meillet, was one of the most important French linguists of the early 20th century
- Antoine Bussy, French chemist
- Antoine César Becquerel, French scientist and a pioneer
- Antoine Augustin Cournot, French philosopher and mathematician
- Antoine Joseph Gorsas, French publicist and politician
- Antoine Risso, Niçard naturalist
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, ', for records
- Antoine Barnave, French politician, and
- Antoine Quentin Fouquier-Tinville, French prosecutor during the Revolution and Reign of Terror periods
- Antoine Isaac Silvestre de Sacy, French nobleman, linguist and orientalist
- Antoine de la Mothe Cadillac, French explorer and adventurer
- Antoine de Rivarol, Royalist French writer and translator
- Antoine Bibesco, Romanian aristocrat, lawyer, diplomat and writer
- Antoine Furetière, French scholar, writer, and lexicographer
- Antoine Nompar de Caumont, French courtier and soldier
- Antoine Chanzy, French general
- Antoine of Navarre, King of Navarre through his marriage to Queen Jeanne III
- Antoine Houdar de la Motte, French author
- Antoine Étex, French sculptor, painter and architect
Lists having Antoine
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Dutch Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Boy names that starts with Ant
- Boy names that ends with -ine
- Popular Boy Names in France (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Switzerland (2003)
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Inestimable
- Baby Names that mean Highly
- Baby Names that mean Praiseworthy
- Baby Names that mean Beyond
- Baby Names that mean Praise
- Baby Names that mean Invaluable
- Baby Names that mean Feeds
- Baby Names that mean Flower