Esmeralda name meaning
On This Page
What does Esmeralda mean?
Popular unisex name Esmeralda came from Spanish, English and Latin, mostly used in Swedish, English, Danish, Norwegian, Greek, Finnish, Italian, Spanish, Icelandic and German languages, Esmeralda means "Emerald Gemstone, Precious Stone or Smaragd".
Also Esmeralda is Spanish and Greek equivalent of Emerald. The name is celebrated on March 10.
Does Esmeralda sound like a good baby name?
Esmeralda is a unique and timeless name for baby girls that has its origins in Spanish language. The name is derived from the word "Emerald" which symbolizes prosperity, hope, and regeneration.
Esmeralda has an exotic appeal that makes it stand out from other baby names. It exudes strength, elegance, and beauty, all at once. Moreover, this name has been widely popularized by literature and movies such as "The Hunchback of Notre Dame".
The name Esmeralda continues to gain popularity among parents searching for a unique yet classic name for their little girl. With its Spanish roots and deep cultural significance, this beautiful name is sure to create an enduring impression on anyone who hears it.
How do I pronounce Esmeralda?
The most common way to pronounce one syllabled Esmeralda is Ez-meh-RAHL-dah;Izh-muh-RAHL-dah(Portuguese). The pronunciation choose to emphasis on third RAHL syllable. Some people pronounce it as ehz-mah-rell-dah, ehz-merr-ahl-dah, e-smeral-da or es-mera-lda.
Variants of Esmeralda
Nicknames for Esmeralda
Check out these nickaname options for given name Esmeralda:Names that rhyme with Esmeralda
How popular is the name Esmeralda?
Esmeralda is a popular name in United States given to over 45923 babies in 128 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1998, it ranked 133rd when 2477 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Additionally, the first name has been in the top 500 baby names 45 times Esmeralda is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1910 and was able to reach the top 600 names.
In 1999, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 580 on girl names chart when 63 babies were named Esmeralda. There are over 1326 babies that have been given the name Esmeralda in France.
Esmeralda is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1997 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. Recently in 2018, it ranked 1013rd when 35 girls were named Esmeralda.
There are over 215 babies that have been given the name Esmeralda in England and Wales. Esmeralda is an uncommon baby name in Switzerland, although it has been in use since 1998 but could not make beyond the top 600.
There are over 165 babies that have been given the name Esmeralda in Switzerland. Also, it is uncommon in Belgium, where it has been in use since 1995 and peaked in 1999 when it ranked 604th.
Over 104 people have been named Esmeralda in Belgium.
But Esmeralda is a popular baby name in Mexico where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Angola, Mozambique, Brazil, Philippines, Colombia, Spain, Peru and Venezuela.
As per our findings, over 340000 babies have been bestowed Esmeralda around the globe.
Esmeralda in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Esmeralda?
Reveal your pain and let people who've hurt you know how you feel. You try to teach others to follow your example and work hard on their dreams but they ignore you, thinking you are losing time. You like to go back to your past and fix your mistakes in your head. You are a man of your word. In fact, your word is your bond. You are an attractive person and everyone sees it. It's so hard to find someone who fights for true values and doesn't pretend to be something he's not.
Go through the following names similar to Esmeralda
- Peyton - Long standing and Illustrous Peyton prevalently is used in English and English is rooted from Old English and Latin given to both sexes, meaning of Peyton is "From the Fighter's Farm, Farm of Poega or Fighting-man's Estate"
- Monique - Monique's meaning is Single, Recluse or Warn is a gender insensitive name notably used in Danish and Swedish came from Old Greek and Greek
- Vincenta - Used substantially in Slavic far-out, Vincenta means "The Winning", a baby girl name has origin in Latin
- Liana - The prevailing girl name Liana is mainly used in French and German, Liana means "Julia, Inspired By the Same Vine or Emulum" has its origin in Latin, French and Old Greek
- Szilvia - Commonly used in Hungarian, Szilvia is of Latin origin, meaning of Szilvia is "Forest Woman or Forest Man" is a baby girl name
Sibling Names for Esmeralda
Introducing the beautiful name Esmeralda. If you're expecting a baby girl and are considering this unique moniker, you may be wondering what would make for great sibling names. We've compiled a list of complementary options to help you decide on the perfect names for your growing family.
Sister to Esmeralda
Names for Esmeralda's brother
Famous people named Esmeralda
- Esmeralda Santiago, Puerto Rican author and former actress
- Esmeralda Gomez in A Federal Case as Actress
- Esmeralda García in Todos acongojados, acongojados todos as Actress
- Esmeralda Ruspoli in Romeo and Juliet as Actress
- Esmeralda Barros in Eva, la Venere selvaggia as Actress
- Esmeralda Moya in El misterio de la Casa Aranda as Actress
- Esmeralda Ouertani in Entre les murs as Actress
- Esmeralda Pimentel in Episode #1.12 as Actress
- Esmeralda Adam García is writer of movie Aunt Tula
Lists having Esmeralda
- Boys names beginning with E
- Girls names beginning with E
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Green
- Baby Names that mean Gem
- Baby Names that mean Stone
- Baby Names that mean Gemstone
- Baby Names that mean Precious