Heather name meaning
On This Page
What does Heather mean?
Originated from English, Famed Heather means "Flower Name, Flowering Shrub, Named After the Plant Heather or Which are a Variety of Small Shrubs with Pink or White Flowers which Commonly Grow in Rocky Areas" and is given to both sexes is chiefly used in English.
It is celebrated on October 5th.
How do I pronounce Heather?
The two syllabled name Heather is pronounced, he(a)-ther. It can also be pronounced as he-thur.
Variants of Heather
Nicknames for Heather
Here is the list of Potential nicknames for the baby name Heather:
How popular is the name Heather?
Heather was an extremely popular name in United States. Over 526215 babies have been named Heather since 1914. At the peak of its usage in 1975, it ranked 3rd when 24303 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
However after 133 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Moreover, the name has been to the top 5 baby names 5 times Also, Heather was a popular name in England and Wales.
Over 5267 babies have been named Heather since 1996. At its zenith in 1996, it ranked 78th when 713 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts.
Moreover, the first name has been to the top 100 baby names 2 times
Heather was a common name in New South Wales. Over 2733 babies have been named Heather since 1952.
When at its peak in 1954,. After 20 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Heather is a familiar baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 100 names.
In 2003, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 83 on girl names chart when 63 babies were given the name Heather. Over 1768 babies in Ireland have been named Heather.
Also, during its short run of just 10 years in Queensland, it had made it to the top 100 names. In 1963, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 51 on girl names chart when 83 babies were given the name Heather.
There are over 611 babies that have been given the name Heather in Queensland.
Heather is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1958 and was able to reach the top 900 names.
In 2000, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 811 on girl names chart when 46 babies were named Heather. There are over 667 babies that have been given the name Heather in France.
However things change on global perspective, Heather is extremely popular in Canada where every 1 in 400 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in England, Australia, Scotland, South Africa, New Zealand and Northern Ireland.
As per our evaluation, over 960000 people has been named Heather globally.
Heather in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Heather
Having letter H as your cornerstone represents your strong mental health. The number 9 as your personality no reveals that you are charming, positive, very idealistic and well-versed in different subjects. Your inner peace is responsible for your success on both personal and professional level. You are full of dignity, charm, and have a lot of admirers because of your openness and kind nature. Love is most important in your life.
Go through the following names similar to Heather
- Adelei - Origin of Atypical and Modernistic Adelei is in Germanic, meaning of Adelei is "Noble and Fight and Of a Noble Kind" and is given to girls is predominantly used in English. Adelei is abridged form of Adelaide.
- Ceolbeorht - Prevalently used in English, Ceolbeorht is used as a baby boy name, meaning of Ceolbeorht is "Seaman"
- Nicholle - Queer girl name Nicholle means "Victory of the People and Female Version of Nicholas". Its origin is in Old Greek is commonly used in English. Nicholle is variant transcription of Nicole.
- Ashli means Ash-tree Meadow or Ash Tree Clearing is originated from Old English which is used dominantly in English is a baby girl name
- Ridgley - Ridgley's meaning is From the Ridge Meadow is used as a boy name which is chiefly used in English is rooted from English
Middle names for Heather
Here are some celebrated and teeny-weeny middle names we think go great with Heather, we've got you covered with these celebrated and teeny-weeny middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Heather.
Sibling Names for Heather
Looking for a sibling name to pair with your baby girl named Heather? We've compiled a list of names that complement Heather's classic and timeless appeal. Whether you're looking for a name that shares similar origins, sounds or meanings, here are some great options to consider.
Sister to Heather
Brother to Heather
Famous people named Heather
- Heather Mercer, American
- Heather Mallick, Canadian columnist, author and lecturer
- Heather Harper, operatic soprano from Northern Ireland
- Heather Rabbatts, Jamaican-born British solicitor, businesswoman
- Heather Stilwell, Canadian political activist and former school trustee
- Heather Moody, American water polo player
- Heather Fuhr, female triathlete from Canada
- Heather Young, former actress
- Heather Crowe, Canadian waitress
- Heather Monro, second British female orienteer to win a world championship medal
- Heather Sharfeddin, United States novelist
- Heather Gladney, American author whose fantasy novels include 'Teot's War' and its sequel 'Bloodstorm'
- Heather Rae, American film producer, director, and actress
- Heather King, essayist, memoirist, blogger and speaker
- Heather Jones, former field hockey player from Canada,
- Heather Samuel, retired sprinter from Antigua and Barbuda
- Heather Foord, Australian television journalist
- Heather Couper, British astronomer
- Heather Reid, Scottish meteorologist, physicist
- Heather Fargo, former City Council Member of Sacramento
- Heather Nova, Bermudian singer-songwriter and poet
- Heather Graham, American actress
- Heather Locklear, American actress
- Heather Christensen, American glamor model
- Heather Mills, English media personality, businesswoman
- Heather French Henry, Miss America title holder, personality
- Heather Wilson, American politician and veteran serving as the 24th and current Secretary of the United States Air Force
- Heather McKay, retired Australian squash player,
- Heather Headley, Trinidadian-American singer, songwriter
- Heather DeLoach, American actress
- Heather Fong, former chief of police for San Francisco
- Heather Matarazzo, American actress
- Heather Tom, American actress best
- Heather Langenkamp, American actress, producer
- Heather O'Rourke, American child actress
- Heather Farr,
- Heather Ross-McManus, Canadian trampoline gymnast
- Heather McComb, American actress
- Heather Stefanson, politician in Manitoba, Canada
- Heather Whitestone, former beauty queen and conservative activist
- Heather Small, English soul singer
- Heather Erxleben, former Canadian Forces soldier
- Heather Roy, former New Zealand politician
- Heather Donahue, American writer and retired actress,
- Heather Hutchison, singer-songwriter/pianist from St
- Heather Mitts, American former professional soccer defender
- Heather B. Gardner, American hip hop artist
- Heather McCartney, American-British potter and artist
- Heather Thomas, American actress, author, and political activist
- Heather Armstrong, American blogger who resides in Salt Lake City
- Heather Kozar, American model known as 'Playboy's Playmate of the Month for January 1998
- Heather Graham Pozzessere, best-selling American writer
Lists having Heather
- Boys names beginning with H
- Girls names beginning with H
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1998)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (1997)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2007)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (1986)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (1970)
- Baby Names that mean Flower
- Baby Names that mean Flowering
- Baby Names that mean Shrub
- Baby Names that mean Plant
- Baby Names that mean Heather