Meaghan name meaning
On This Page
What does Meaghan mean?
Widely Accepted unisex name Meaghan means "The Pearl". It is rooted from Old Greek, Welsh and English languages is used dominantly in English, Finnish, Swedish and Danish. Meaghan is form of Margaret in Welsh and English languages.
Also Meaghan is Welsh and English cognate of Megan. Also Meaghan is Irish cognate of Megan Used In Australia and Canada.
How do I pronounce Meaghan?
The proper pronunciation of two syllabled Meaghan is me(a)-ghan.
Variants of Meaghan
Meaghann, Margaret, Megan, Marguerite, Margareta, Grieta, Margaux, Mamie, Tita, Margueritte, Annemargaret, Meg, Magan, Meggy, Meganelizabeth, Griet, Margarita, Magga, Maret, Marga, Greta, Margau, Margeaux, Margot, Mammie, Maria, Mariam, Mariamne, Mirjam, Mary, Thita, Christina, Margueriette, Ann, Anna, Anders, Arne, Anne, Magaan
How popular is the name Meaghan?
Meaghan is a popular name in United States given to over 14015 babies in 61 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1986, the moniker grabbed the 326th spot and 743 baby girls were given the name.
Additionally, the name has been in the top 500 baby names 13 times Meaghan is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it has been in use since 1996 and peaked in 1998 when it ranked 1076th.
Over 107 people have been named Meaghan in England and Wales. Also, it is among the top 400 girl names in Ireland. It had a short run of 4 years on France girl names chart.
Meaghan is a common name in Canada and Australia. According to our estimate, over 10000 babies have been named Meaghan globally.
Meaghan in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Meaghan
You are a peacemaker and always avoid conflicts. You are an active person but lack motivation and persistence to finish goals. You want to inspire people to do more in life and thrive to accomplish more. You are passionate but shy to make the first step. You are more of a doer than a talker. You possess great communication skills. You need to start looking out for yourself more. Find out what drives you.
Other names liked by would be moms that are similar to Meaghan
- Genesha - Genesha's meaning is Lord Ganesh or Son of Shiva or Parvati is used as a unisex name and is mostly used in Hindi is rooted from Old Greek
- Dmitrii principally is used in Russian, meaning of Dmitrii is "Dedicated to Demeter and Follower of Demeter" and a boy name has its origin in Old Greek. Dmitrii is resultant of Demetrius.
- Agathi is used dominantly in Greek and Telugu has origin in Old Greek aimed at both sexes, Agathi means "An Orphan or One Step Ahead of All"
- Stevee - Outlandish Stevee came from Greek is used as a gender insensitive name, meaning of Stevee is "Crowning"
- Charyzma - Meaning of Charyzma is Charm Appeal and Attractiveness or Charm used for girls is originated from Old Greek. Charyzma is derivation of Charisma.
Famous people named Meaghan
- Meaghan Simister, Canadian Olympic luger who has competed since 2003
- Meaghan Rath, Canadian film and television actress
- Meaghan Delahunt, novelist
- Meaghan Jarensky, advocate of young women, a humanist, a yogi
- Meaghan Francella, American professional golfer currently playing on the LPGA Tour
- Meaghan Bloom Fluitt in Coffin Dreams as Actress
- Meaghan Witri in The Winning Season as Actress
- Meaghan Butler in Stuck on You as Actress
- Meaghan Davies in Code Ranga as Actress
- Meaghan Hughes in Summer Eleven as Actress
- Meaghan Oppenheimer in The Rock 'n' Roll Dreams of Duncan Christopher as Actress
- Meaghan Martin in Mean Girls 2 as Actress
- Meaghan Benfeito is a Canadian diver.
- Meaghan Ball is famous for her acting in movie Portraits of a Killer
Lists having Meaghan
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Welsh Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Boy names that ends with -han
- Baby Names that mean Pearl