Patience name meaning
On This Page
What does Patience mean?
Specifically used in English durable and frequently used, Patience is used as a unisex name, meaning of Patience is "To Endure, Patience, One of the Many Qualities and Virtues that the Puritans Adopted as Names After the Reformation, Enduring, To Suffer or One who Endures with Courage" came from Latin and English.
How do I pronounce Patience?
The proper pronunciation of two syllabled Patience is p(a)-tien-ce. The name can also be pronounced as pati(e)-nce.
Variants of PatienceNames that rhyme with Patience
How popular is the name Patience?
Patience was a popular name in United States. Over 10972 babies have been given the moniker in 138 years. When at its peak in 2006, the moniker grabbed the 578th spot and 507 baby girls were given the name.
However after 138 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Patience is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 1000 names.
In 2006, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 928 on girl names chart when 31 babies were named Patience. Over 331 people have been named Patience in England and Wales.
Patience is an uncommon baby name in France, in use since 1984, peaked in 1988 when it ranked 2491st. However things change on global perspective, Patience is extremely popular in Nigeria where every 1 in 400 have the name as well as in Ghana.
Also the baby name is popular in DR Congo, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Uganda, Liberia, Kenya, Cameroon and Rwanda. At least, 920000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Numerological analysis of Patience
You never take a leap of faith but do things with a plan. You are curious and driven by your wish to invent new things and solutions. Once you distance yourself from everything you know inspiration will walk into your life again. You never do things you are not passionate about. You are self-reliant, self-motivated and persistent. You often make other feel like they are better than you in order to make them feel good about themselves.
Go through the following names similar to Patience
- Carda - Boy name Carda is used primarily in English and Old High German, meaning of Carda is "Ruling Lady, Strong Ruler and Hardy" is originated from Latin. Carda is an abridged form of Ricarda.
- Rosane means Flower, Gracious or Rose aimed at girls is originated from Latin
- Delisia - Meaning of Delisia is Delight and Pleasure is of Latin origin is bestowed upon girls. Delisia is derivation of Delicia.
- Toska - Toskas origin is Latin is used as a unisex name and is chiefly used in Albanian, Italian and Danish, meaning of Toska is "Tuscan Master End"
- Lucine means Light is originated from Latin normally given to baby girls is primarily used in French, Finnish and Danish
Middle names for Patience
We've compiled a list of the familiar and loveable middle names for Patience below.
View more middle names that goes with Patience.
Famous people named Patience
- Patience Agbabi, British poet and performer
- Patience Worth,
- Patience Strong,
- Patience and Prudence, young vocal duo active from 1956 to 1964
- Patience Cooper, India born Pakistani film actress
- Patience D. Roggensack, Chief Justice of the Wisconsin Supreme Court
- Patience Cleveland, American film and television actress
- Patience Wheatcroft, Baroness Wheatcroft, British journalist and Conservative life peeress
- Patience Dabany, Gabonese singer and musician
- Patience Wright, sculptor of wax figures
- Patience Oghre in Domitilla as Actress
- Patience Akwa Brown in My Love My Sorrow as Actress
- Patience Collier in Fiddler on the Roof as Actress
- Patience Ozokwor in Overseas as Actress
- Patience Kemper in The Bump in the Road as Actress
- Patience Pierce, from 1986 flick Floodstage, who played Pinky.
Lists having Patience
- Boys names beginning with P
- Girls names beginning with P
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Pat
- Baby Names that mean Patience
- Baby Names that mean Enduring
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Courage