Irena meaning and origin
Of Old Greek origin, Admired and Ceaseless Irena means "The Peaceful" aimed at baby girls is used specifically in Greenlandic, Finnish, Swedish, Polish, Dutch, Czech, Icelandic, Slavic, Faroese, Danish and Norwegian. Irena is a variant form of celebrated and venerable Irene. Celebrated and Venerable Irene came from Old Greek, meaning of Irene is "Peaceful and The Peaceful".
Variants of Irena
View middle names that goes with Irena like Luana, Aleena, Xee,Names that rhyme with Irena
Popularity of Irena
Irena used to be a common name in France, first appeared in 1900 and over 2020 babies have been given the name in 101 years. When at its peak in 1931,. However after 101 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Irena is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1880 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 1882, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 560 on girl names chart when 33 babies were named Irena. Over 1998 babies in United States have been named Irena.
Irena is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, in use since 2000, peaked in 2000 when it ranked 2416th. Irena is a rare baby name in Belgium there is very thin chances of it still being given. But Irena is a popular baby name in Lithuania where every 1 in 60 have the name as well as in, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Latvia, Croatia, Germany, Serbia, Bulgaria and Ethiopia. At least, 300000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Irena in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Irena
Open up to new suggestions and ideas. You are a spiritual person who tends to focus on personal growth and development more than career and material things. You love books and movies with a powerful message. You want an extraordinary life. And by focusing on something other than material will get you one. You love people back but not with the same intensity they love and care about you. People don't take you seriously because of your inconsistency.
Parents who liked Irena, loved these names
- Sherisse - Pleasing Sherisse prevalently is used in English is rooted from Old Greek and French is used as a girl name. Sherisse is English equivalent of Cerise. Also Sherisse is English form of Charis. Also Sherisse is English form of Charisse
- Reeni - Widely Accepted girl name Reeni is used especially in Swedish and Finnish is originated from Old Greek language. Reeni is Finnish form of Reni
- Tesha - Unexpected Tesha primarily is used in Gujarati, Marathi and Bengali is originated from English-American and Old Greek is a baby girl name, meaning of Tesha is "Survivor or Happiness"
- Eris - Widely Accepted unisex name Eris means "Strife", used specifically in Greek is originated from Old Greek language
- Katiouchka means Pure has its origin in Greek
Namesakes of Irena
- Irena Grafenauer, Slovenian flute player and soloist
- Irena Belohorská, Slovak politician and Member of the European Parliament with the Ludova strana - Hnutie za demokraticke Slovensko
- Irena Borowik, Polish publisher and professor of religious studies at the Jagiellonian University
- Irena Sedlecká, Czech sculptor and Fellow of the Royal British Society of Sculptors
- Irena Sznajder, retired Polish sprinter
- Irena Pawełczyk, Polish luger who competed in the early 1960s
- Irena Sibley, Australian artist, writer
- Irena Sendler, also referred to as 'Irena Sendlerowa'
- Irena Szewińska, Polish sprinter
- Irena Santor, Polish singer, musical performer and actress
- Irena Degutienė, Lithuanian politician and member of the conservative Homeland Union
- Irena Kwiatkowska, popular Polish actress, known
- Irena Machovcak, retired volleyball player,
- Irena Laskowska in Pornografia as Actress
- Irena Skoric in 7 seX 7 as Director
- Irena Cahani in Three Windows and a Hanging as Actress
- Irena Mesickova in Bound Tears as Actress
- Irena Pavlásková in Cas sluhu as Director
- Irena Miliankova in Shade of Pale as Actress
- Actor Irena Boleslavská, noted for movie Squandered Sunday
- In 1967, Irena Burawska played the role of N in drama film Stajnia na Salvatorze.
- In 1964, Irena Kacírková played the role of Professor called Jana Amosa in comedy and drama flick Starci na chmelu.
- Irena Kranjc, from 1978 drama, romance movie Ko zorijo jagode, who characterized Jagoda Kopriva.
- Irena Kuksenaite characterized crucial character of Dawn Manning in 1986 crime and drama flick Visi pries viena.
- Irena Marga characterized important role of N in 1921 mystery film Der Mann im Schrank.
- In 1969, Irena Prosen portrayed the role of Senka Panic in thriller flick Ubistvo na svirep i podmukao nacin i iz niskih pobuda.
- Irena Szczurowska, from 1966 drama film Sposób bycia, who portrayed Mariolka.
- In 1971 comedy, musical flick, Milion za Laure, Irena Szewczyk characterized Marta, siostrzenica Bulaka.
- Irena Liutikaite played the key role of Mariya in 1982 drama film Rtanyenaya chyna.
- Irena Krasnowiecka played the leading character of Ira in 1946 drama, romance flick Dwie godziny.
- Irena Paskiene portrayed leading role of N in 1974 drama film Perskeltas dangus.
- Irena Gawecka, from 1928 drama, war movie Szalency, who played the Zofia Loniewska.
- Irena Horwath, from 1915 drama movie Zona, who portrayed N.