Doria meaning and origin
Dominantly used in English far-out, Doria means "Give or Dorians" used as a baby girl name came from Old Greek and Latin. Doria is variation of acclaimed Dorian. Dorian is short version of Theodore. Unorthodox Dorian is originated from Greek, English and Old Greek, Dorian means "Of the Dorian Tribe, Female Version of Darius and Gift of Isis". Doria is form of prominent and perpetual Doris. Doris is a form of venerable, biblical and commonly accepted Dorothea. Doris is diminutive of Dorothea. Doris means Gift from God, Dorian Woman and Bountiful is of Old Greek and English origin. Doria is version of biblical, enduring and predominant Dora. Dora is variant form of Old Norse Names Ending with -Dóra / -Dora. Also Dora is variant form of Greek Names Beginning with Dor- Or Ending with -Dor / -Dora: Greek Δωρον = Gift. Dora is short form of Dorothea. Also Dora is a short of Dorothy. Dora is also short of Isidora. Dora is also abridged form of Theodora. Origin of Unorthodox Dora is in Old Norse and Old Greek, meaning of Dora is "Given by God, Kind and A Gift". Doria is a derivation of Darie. Darie is form of lofty Daria. Darie means Give is used in Czech came from Latin and Old Persian.. The name is celebrated on October 25th.
Variants of Doria
View middle names that goes with Doria like Path, Shania, Ioni, Prudence, Yary, Lera,Names that rhyme with Doria
Popularity of Doria
Doria is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1909 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1909, it ranked 1763rd when 48 girls were named Doria. Over 1271 babies in United States have been named Doria. Also, in France, it has been in use since 1900 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 1902, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 257 on girl names chart when 45 babies were named Doria. Over 1413 babies in France have been named Doria.
Doria is a common name in Colombia while somewhat familiar name in Mexico, Italy, Peru, Brazil, Malawi, Gabon, Honduras, Philippines, DR Congo, Canada, Indonesia, Paraguay and Venezuela. At least, 7000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Here's what numbers has to say about Doria
You are not very good when it comes to romantic relationships. Lower your expectations and give the person you truly like a chance to prove. If letter A is your capstone in your name, you are romantic by nature. However, you are also interested in action. You want to invent something or accomplish something no one has ever done before. Nothing can change your mind about something if you truly believe you are the one that's right.
Other names similar to Doria
- Vidal - Meaning of Vidal is Life Giving or Vital is used in Hindi and English, rooted from Latin is used as a gender-neutral name
- Olive - Meaning of Olive is Peace, The Olive or Olive Tree is used dominantly in Finnish and Norwegian, a unisex name has origin in Latin
- Turiau - Turiau's meaning is Young Shoot is originated from Latin
- Léoni - Léonis origin is Latin is a girl name mostly used in French, meaning of Léoni is "The Lion"
- Beatea - The boy name Beatea has origin in Latin, Beatea means "Bringer of Joy". Beatea is a derivative of Beattie.
Namesakes of Doria
- Dorian Leigh Parker in Anna la bonne as Actress
- Doria Tillier in Episode dated 25 August 2014 as
- Dorianne Pahlavan in Argo as Actress
- Dorian Louis in Whispers on a Road as Actress
- Doriana Sanchez in Dirty Dancing as Actress
- Dorian DeMichele in The Secret Lives of Dentists as Soundtrack
- Dorian Frankel in Superbad as Casting Department
- Dorian Gray in Le notti di Cabiria as Actress
- Doria Shafik was an Egyptian feminist, philosopher, publisher and poet and one of the leading women rights advocates in Egypt since the mid-forties.
- Actor Doria Ahmed, known for movie Class Distinctions
- Doria March, from 1930 drama movie The Road to Fortune, who played June Eastman.
- Doria Achour, from 2013 drama, romance film Young Couples, who portrayed Doria.