Lucinda name meaning
On This Page
What does Lucinda mean?
Acclaimed and Conifer Lucinda came from Latin, meaning of Lucinda is "Light, Bringer of Light, Born at Daybreak, The Bright, Daylight Babies or Shining" majorly used in Norwegian, Danish, Swedish, Portuguese, Finnish, English, Spanish and Icelandic is used as a gender insensitive name .
Lucinda is form of durable and customary Lucia. Lucia is a variant of evergreen, saintly and widely accepted Lucy. Lucia is a feminine variant of Lucius. Lucia is equivalent of Lucie in Italian language.
Lucia's meaning is The Light of India, The Bright and Born At Daybreak is originated from Latin. Lucinda is version of perpetual, sacred and lofty Lucy. Lucy is variation of admired and perpetual Lucie.
Lucy is diminutive of Lucia. Lucy is English equivalent of Lucie. Lucy means The Bright and Light is originated from Latin. Lucinda is derivative of Lucie. Lucie is variation of ever lasting, darling and saintly Lucy.
Also Lucie is version of timeless and outstanding Lucia. Lucie's meaning is Born At Daybreak and Daylight Babies is of French and Czech origin. Lucinda is equivalent of The Westgothic Name Leudesinda in Spanish language.
It is celebrated on December 13th.
How do I pronounce Lucinda?
Two syllabled Lucinda is pronounced as l(u)-cin-da. luci-nda is the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of LucindaNames that rhyme with Lucinda
How popular is the name Lucinda?
Lucinda was a popular name in United States. Over 37549 babies have been named Lucinda since 1880. At its zenith in 1881, the moniker grabbed the 153rd spot and 1023 baby girls were given the name.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 141 years. Additionally, the name has been in the top 500 baby names an astonishing 76 times A common name in England and Wales with over 1279 new-borns have been given the name since 1996.
When at its peak in 1997, it ranked 277th when 136 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Lucinda is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1957 and was able to reach the top 600 names.
In 1983, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 536 on girl names chart when 53 babies were named Lucinda. Over 1081 people have been named Lucinda in France. Lucinda is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, even after 31 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 300.
Over 156 babies in Ireland have been named Lucinda.
Lucinda is a rare baby name in Belgium, chances of it being still in use are very slim. But Lucinda is a popular baby name in Mozambique where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Brazil, Sierra Leone, Peru, Angola, England, Mexico, South Africa and Portugal.
As per our estimate, over 180000 people has been named Lucinda globally.
Lucinda in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Lucinda
You want to achieve great things in life but without much effort. You don't care about connects much because you believe that you don't need many people in order to be happy and content with life. You need to be in charge of your emotions otherwise, your emotions will control your mind and life in general, you believe. You lack real friends. Lies can be comforting, but you always prefer to hear the ugly truth instead.
Parents who liked Lucinda, loved these names
- San - Uncommon unisex name San has origin in English, Spanish and Sanskrit, substantially used in Hindi and Telugu languages, meaning of San is "Sun, Old or Lord Shankar"
- Vanna - Rare unisex name Vanna came from Hebrew and English, Vanna means "Butterfly, God is Gracious or Diminutive of Vanessa" is specifically used in English, Finnish and Italian
- Aracely - Popular unisex name Aracely has origin in Latin and is commonly used in English and Spanish languages, Aracely means "Altar of the Sky"
- Marcio - Queer boy name Marcio means "Dedicated to Mars" used majorly in Portuguese and Spanish is originated from English and Latin languages
- Juneau - Recent and Offbeat Juneau is originated from Latin, Juneau means "June and Young" is aimed at both genders. Juneau is derived from Juno.
Famous people named Lucinda
- Lucinda Green, British equestrian and journalist
- Lucinda Ebersole, critic, editor and writer of fiction
- Lucinda Ballard, American costume designer
- Lucinda Davis, slave who grew up in the Creek Indian culture
- Lucinda Finley, Frank G. Raichle Professor of Trial and Appellate Advocacy at the University at Buffalo
- Lucinda Cowden, Australian actress
- Lucinda Bruce-Gardyne, Scottish chef and writer
- Lucinda Williams, American rock, folk, blues
- Lucinda Lambton, English writer
- Lucinda Ruh, Swiss gold medalist competitive figure skater
- Lucinda Dickey, and the sequel, 'Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo'
- Lucinda Raikes, English actress
- Lucinda Rhodes-Flaherty, British television and film actress
- Lucinda Jenney, American actress
- Lucinda Williams, retired American sprinter
- Lucinda Dryzek, English actress
- Lucinda Roy, American-based British novelist, educator and poet
- Lucinda Franks, American journalist
- Lucinda Creighton, former Irish politician
- Lucinda Fredericks, equestrian athlete who competes in eventing
- Lucinda Thomson in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone as Art Director
- Lucinda Moorhead in Bath of Beans as Producer
- Lucinda Curtis in Episode #9.5 as Actress
- Lucinda Duckett in The Squeeze as Actress
- Lucinda Clare in Cutthroat Island as Actress
- Lucinda Bridges in The Great Wallendas as Actress
- Lucinda Winters in Certifiably Jonathan as
- Lucinda Gane in War Requiem as Actress
- Lucinda Edmonds in Home Thoughts from Abroad as Actress
- Lucinda Bateson in Web as Actress
- Lucinda Bel in video Lulu's Nights as Actress
- Lucinda Jackson, from 1966 adventure and family flick The Ghost of Monk's Island, who portrayed Jane.
- In 1981 film, 21:12 piano bar, Lucinda Childs portrayed Nathalie.
Lists having Lucinda
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Portuguese Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -inda
- Girl names that starts with Luc
- Baby Names that mean Light
- Baby Names that mean First
- Baby Names that mean Bringer
- Baby Names that mean Bright
- Baby Names that mean Daylight
- Baby Names that mean Shining