Marjory meaning and origin
Persistent and Well-Known Marjory is used mostly in Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish aimed at baby girls, Marjory means "Pearl" has its origin in Old Greek, Greek and Latin. Marjory is variant form of pious and long standing Marguerite. Marguerite is English and French form of Margaret. Also Marguerite is French equivalent of Margarita. Meaning of Marguerite is The Pearl came from French, English and Old Greek. Marjory is celebrated on November 16th.
Variants of MarjoryNames that rhyme with Marjory
Popularity of Marjory
A common name in United States having over 8110 recievers in 128 years of usage. When at its peak in 1922, 294 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 383rd position. In addition to that, the name has been in Marjory is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 1980, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 366 on girl names chart when 95 babies were given the name Marjory. Over 1343 people have been named Marjory in France.
Marjory is a common name in Scotland, Zambia, Philippines, England, Zimbabwe and Brazil while somewhat familiar name in South Africa, Canada, Venezuela, Chile, Netherlands, Suriname, Ecuador, Peru, Haiti and New Zealand. As per our findings, over 20000 people has been named Marjory globally.
Marjory in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Marjory
You should understand not everyone has the same expectations and wishes out of life and themselves. The letter M as your cornerstone reveals you are a workhorse, meaning you enjoy working more than you enjoy anything else. People take you as a self-absorbed person but you don't care how they take you. You don't believe much in love. However, deep inside, you secretly wish to find someone who will prove you wrong.
Other names similar to Marjory
- Martina - Pleasing and Perpetual Aramaic and Latin Martina bestowed upon both genders, meaning of Martina is "From the God Mars or Dedicated to God Mars" is mainly used in Czech, German and Swedish
- Minda - Admired and Perennial girl name Minda is used in Indian and Norwegian, Minda means "Fish or Way" came from Latin and Sanskrit
- Dominick - Predominant and Venerable unisex name Dominick has origin in Latin specifically used in English, Norwegian and Swedish languages, meaning of Dominick is "Offered to the Lord or Belonging to the Lord"
- Vidal - Originated from Latin, Famed Vidal is prevalently used in English and Spanish, Vidal means "Used as Both Surname or Given Name, Vital or Life" is used as a gender insensitive name
- Hadrien - Unorthodox Hadrien has its origin in Latin is particulary used in French, a boy name, Hadrien means "From Hadria, Woman from Hadria or Adriatic Sea"
Namesakes of Marjory
- Marjory Allen, Lady Allen of Hurtwood, English landscape architect and promoter of child welfare
- Marjory Gordon, nursing theorist and professor
- Marjory Wardrop, English scholar and translator of Georgian literature
- Marjory Stephenson, British biochemist
- Marjory Stoneman Douglas, American journalist, author
- Marjory LeBreton, former Leader of the Government
- Marjory Graue in The Garbage Pail Kids Movie as Actress
- Marjory Kaptanoglu in short Dead in the Room as Writer