Maurine name meaning
On This Page
What does Maurine mean?
Used specifically in Danish, French, Finnish, English and Swedish long standing and renowned, Maurine is rooted from Celtic and Latin, Maurine means "Bitter, Rebellion, Wished for Child, The One from Mauritania, The Moor or Moorish" is used for baby girls.
Maurine is version of desirable Maura. Maura is version of dominant, biblical and unfading Mary. Also Maura is a variation of evergreen, darling and biblical Maureen. Maura is also a variant of biblical and widespread Moira.
Maura is an effeminate variation of Mauro. Also Maura is effeminate variant of Moritz. Maura is also feminine form of Maurus. Maura is form of Maria in Irish language. Noteworthy and Ever lasting Maura's origin is Celtic and Latin, meaning of Maura is "Dark-skinned and Beloved".
Maurine is form of Maureen in English language.
Is Maurine a pleasant name for a baby?
Maurine is certainly a beautiful and pleasant name for a baby girl, and its Latin origin of "Star of the Sea" also adds to its beauty.
The combination of the two words evokes images of starlight reflecting off the ocean's surface, making it an enchanting choice. The name is sure to bring joy to a little girl's life, as it is highly unique yet gentle and feminine in sound.
Maurine also has strong historical roots, creating an even more meaningful connection to its bearer.
How do I pronounce Maurine?
Three syllabled Maurine is pronounced as ma(u)-ri-ne.
Variants of MaurineNames that rhyme with Maurine
How popular is the name Maurine?
In United States, Maurine was once a common name since emerging in 1890 it has been given to over 8939 babies. When at its peak in 1913,. After 108 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Additionally, the moniker has been in Also, A common name in France having over 2604 recievers in 43 years of usage. Currently the moniker is on a rise, in 1997, 238 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 223rd position.
In Belgium, Maurine is a familiar name where it has been in use since 1995 and has secured the place in top 300 names. In 1997, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 216 on girl names chart when 53 babies were given the name Maurine.
Over 456 babies in Belgium have been named Maurine. But Maurine is a popular baby name in Kenya where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Uganda and Ghana.
According to our evaluation, over 70000 babies have been named Maurine globally.
What numbers say about Maurine?
You have trust issues and anger management problem that you seem to be handling pretty well. You are a humanitarian with a higher purpose in life. And that is to help others. You should avoid treating other people like you are better than them. What fulfills your soul is your professional success. You are full of dignity, charm, and have a lot of admirers because of your openness and kind nature.
Do you like Maurine? Other names you would love
- Merlyn - Noteworthy Merlyn is used in English and Tamil, Merlyn means "Sea Fort or Blackbird" has its roots in Welsh and Celtic is given to both sexes
- Caoimhín - Boy name Caoimhín has origin in Celtic. Caoimhín is Gaelic cognate of Cáemgen
- Devina - Devina's meaning is Devotion to God or Eye of God is principally used in Oriya, Sanskrit and Telugu that originated from Irish, English and Celtic is a baby girl name
- Neti - Originated from Latin, Celtic and Germanic, Neti is largely used in Sanskrit, a girl name, Neti means "Eternal"
- Gitte - Girl name Gitte means "Sublime or The Exalted One", used predominantly in Danish, German and Swedish has its origin in Celtic, Old Norse and Yiddish languages
Famous people named Maurine
- Maurine Dallas Watkins, American journalist and playwright
- Maurine Karagianis, Canadian politician
- Maurine Neuberger, American politician
- Maurine Dawson in The Mummy and the Curse of the Jackals as Actress
- Maurine Powers, from 1921 drama film Why Girls Leave Home, who portrayed the Madeline Wallace.
Lists having Maurine
- Girl names beginning with M
- American Girl Names
- Celtic Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Latin Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- French Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -rine
- Baby Names that mean Bitter
- Baby Names that mean Rebellion
- Baby Names that mean Wished
- Baby Names that mean Child
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Moorish