Mairin name meaning
What does Mairin mean?
Mairin is version of commonly accepted Maira. Maira is variant form of perennial and cherished Maria. Maira is Irish form of Mary. Also Maira is Hawaiian cognate of Myra. Originated from Latin and Old Greek, Unconventional Maira, Maira means "Sea of Bitterness and Beloved". Also. Mairin is variant of prevalent, conifer and biblical Maureen. Maureen is form of commonly accepted, durable and biblical Mary. Maureen is abridged form of Maria. Maureen is English equivalent of Máirín.
Does Mairin sound like a good baby name?
Mairin, a beautiful Irish baby girl name, has unique qualities that make it stand out. Its meaning "star of the sea" is reminiscent of the vastness and awe-inspiring qualities of the ocean. This name also holds dual meanings, with "beloved" representing a deep love and affection for someone, while "bitter" suggests an underlying strength and resilience. Additionally, "rebellious" hints at a free spirit and independent nature - characteristics that are desirable in today's society. Overall, Mairin is a lovely name for any baby girl and has both cultural significance and timeless appeal.
How do I pronounce Mairin?
Two syllabled Mairin is most commonly pronounced as ma(i)-rin.
Variants of Mairin
Mairen, Maira, Maureen, Maria, Mary, Myra, Maera, Mariam, Mariamne, Mirjam, Máirín, Moreen, Maura, Mairenn, Maarja, Maraike, Mara, Angelamaria, Maite, Maaria, Marielle, Mai, Marea, Adamary, Marigrace, Maila, Mira, Moira, Marriam, Miriam, Mamre, Marianne, Mireio, Máire, Morena, MauraneNames that rhyme with Mairin
How popular is the name Mairin?
Mairin is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1977 and was able to reach the top 4000 names. In 2007, it ranked 3719th when 43 girls were named Mairin. There are over 651 babies that have been given the name Mairin in United States. Mairin is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, in use since 1964, peaked in 1966 when it ranked 310th and last appeared in 1998. Mairin is a rare baby name in England and Wales and may not be used now. Also, Mairin is a familiar name in Venezuela, Indonesia, Malaysia and India. At least, 2000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Mairin in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Mairin
You should understand not everyone has the same expectations and wishes out of life and themselves. Your expression number reveals what you are best at and that would be successful businessmen, self-made millionaire, influencer, weird artist, or politician. You are all about independence, and like to have your own possessions because you like to enjoy luxury but not at any prize. You have the ability to predict things before they happen thanks to your strong intuition.
You would love these names similar to Mairin
- Hermeline came from Celtic, meaning of Hermeline is "Bear or Prince"
- Jenevieve - Meaning of Jenevieve is White Wave, Modern Phonetic Variant of Genevieve or Race of Women used for girls and originated from Celtic is predominantly used in English
- Marieli - Durable and Dominant Celtic, Hebrew and Latin Marieli is used primarily in Swedish, Danish and Finnish is given to baby girls. Marieli is form of Marie in German language
- Jenise - Unfamiliar Jenise came from Old Welsh and Latin languages is used as a baby girl name and is largely used in English, meaning of Jenise is "God is Gracious or Variant of Jenny which is a Diminutive of Jane or Jennifer"
- Yvette - Ever lasting and Acclaimed unisex name Yvette means "Yew Wood was Used for Bows or Archer", used in French and English is originated from Old High German, Germanic and Celtic
Famous people named Mairin
We could not find any notable namesake.
Lists having Mairin
- Girl names beginning with M
- American Girl Names
- Celtic Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Latin Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Mai
- Girl names that ends with -rin
- Baby Names that mean Beloved
- Baby Names that mean Sea
- Baby Names that mean Bitterness
- Baby Names that mean Rebelliousness
- Baby Names that mean Wished
- Baby Names that mean Child
- Baby Names that mean Mary
- Baby Names that mean Bitter
- Baby Names that mean Admirable
- Baby Names that mean Dark
- Baby Names that mean Skinned
- Baby Names that mean Great
- Baby Names that mean Star
- Baby Names that mean Moorish