Mariam name meaning
On This Page
What does Mariam mean?
Customary and Ever lasting unisex name Mariam means "Sea of Bitterness, Arabic Form of Mary or Beautiful Women" has its roots in Hebrew and Arabic is used in Danish, Arabic, English, Swedish, Finnish, Armenian and Norwegian.
Mariam is version of perpetual, biblical and desirable Miriam. Miriam is a variation of evergreen, famed and biblical Mary. Also Miriam is form of eminent and biblical Mirjam. Miriam is derivative of Mary.
Originated from Hebrew, Well-Known and Ceaseless Miriam, Miriam means "Beloved and Biblical Name". Mariam is English and Arabic cognate of Mary.. Also Mariam is Greek, Aramaic and Latin form of Mirjam Used In the Septuagint.
Is Mariam a suitable baby name?
Mariam is a charming and timeless name for baby girls with a rich history and cultural significance. It has been used for centuries in various cultures, including Hebrew, Arabic, Russian, and English.
Mariam is known for its beautiful sound and unique spelling, which makes it easy to remember yet distinctive. This name has a graceful and elegant feel to it that adds a touch of sophistication to any girl who bears it.
Furthermore, Mariam carries connotations of strength and beauty as "star of the sea," suggesting that the owner of this name is destined for greatness. Mariam has become increasingly popular in recent years due to its association with classic beauty and tradition.
How do I pronounce Mariam?
m(a)-riam is the most common way to pronounce two syllabled Mariam.
Variants of MariamNames that rhyme with Mariam
How popular is the name Mariam?
Mariam is a popular in United States where over 14771 new-borns have been given the name since 1882. Currently the moniker is on a rise, in 2016, 566 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 547th position.
Mariam was a common name in England and Wales. Over 5364 babies have been named Mariam since 1996. When at the peak of its usage in 2009,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years but it is still going strong.
Also, A common name in France having over 8576 recievers in 83 years of usage. Currently the name is hotter than ever, the moniker grabbed the 170th spot and 360 baby girls were given the name.
Also, Mariam was a common name in Spain. Over 212 babies have been named Mariam since 2004. At the peak of its usage in 2004,. After 1 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Also, A common name in Sweden with over 135 new-borns have been given the name since 2015. When at the peak of its usage in 2015, it ranked 96th when 135 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Mariam is a familiar baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 200 names. Recently in 2016, 75 babies were given Mariam and it reached its peak ranking, 135 on girl names chart.
Over 1027 people have been named Mariam in Belgium. Also, in New South Wales, in just 6 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. In 2008, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 93 on girl names chart when 85 babies were given the name Mariam.
Over 473 people have been named Mariam in New South Wales.
Mariam is a unique baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 400 names.
Recently in 2017, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 334 on girl names chart when 38 babies were named Mariam. The first name is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, even after 21 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 200.
There are over 206 babies that have been given the name Mariam in Ireland. During its 21 years of usage in Switzerland, it had made up to just the top 600 girl names.
There are over 176 babies that have been given the name Mariam in Switzerland.
Mariam is a rare baby name in Spain there is very thin chances of it still being given.
Over 212 people have been named Mariam in Spain. And also in Sweden. Over 135 babies in Sweden have been named Mariam. However things change on global perspective, Mariam is extremely popular in Mali where every 1 in 40 have the name as well as in, Egypt, Burkina Faso, Tanzania, Nigeria, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Uganda and Syria.
Also the baby name is popular in United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Bangladesh, Jordan, Guinea, Sudan, Morocco, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Lebanon, Kenya, Palestine, Georgia, Pakistan, Philippines, Malaysia, Somalia, Chad, Ghana, India, Benin, Tunisia, Armenia, Cameroon, DR Congo, Niger, Libya, Central African Republic, Russia, Mauritania, Gambia, South Africa, Thailand, Senegal, Kuwait, Oman, Djibouti, Malawi, Rwanda and England.
According to our research, at least 3780000 people have been bestowed Mariam around the globe.
Mariam in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Mariam?
Details matter to you, especially when it comes to choosing your love partner. You often bring your work at home because you are a workaholic. You are curious and driven by your wish to invent new things and solutions. Remember that you are not the only person who's struggling with something. And you are not alone as you think. Stay true to yourself and your friends. In order to be inspirational to others, you have to create a life worth admiring.
Do you like Mariam? Other names you would love
- Jaheel - Girl name Jaheel means "Lake" is used majorly in Hindi, Gujarati and Arabic
- Soliman - Anomalous Soliman especially is used in Arabic and Turkish bestowed upon baby boys, meaning of Soliman is "Happiness, Peace or Who has the Pure Heart"
- Suhayb - Specifically used in Sindhi, Arabic and Hindi unexpected and modernistic, Suhayb is used as a baby boy name, meaning of Suhayb is "Of Reddish Hair, Of Reddish Hair or Complexion or Reddish Hair"
- Ghaida - Ghaida's meaning is Young or Delicate, Sun or Soft used for both sexes is used largely in Arabic and Arabic
- Nivan - The rare and modern boy name Nivan means "Holy" is used in Arabic, Telugu and Hindi
Famous people named Mariam
- Mariam Doumbia,
- Mariam Thresia Chiramel, Indian Syro-Malabar professed religious and the founder of the Congregation of the Holy Family
- Mariam Aladji Boni Diallo, Beninese politician
- Mariam Mohamed Hadi Al Hilli, Bahraini Olympic athlete
- Mariam Vardanian, Armenian political activist and revolutionary
- Mariam Kasembe, Tanzanian CCM politician and Member of Parliament for Masasi constituency since 2010
- Mariam Tsitsishvili, Queen of Georgia as the second wife and consort of the last King George XII of Georgia
- Mariam Wafa, singer from Afghanistan
- Mariam Fakhr Eddine in Rudda kalbi as Actress
- Mariama Diallo in CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story as Actress
- Mariam Hernández in ¡Tía, no te saltes el eje! as Actress
- Mariam Bokeria in Grzeli nateli dgeebi as Actress
- Mariam Bachir in El Niño as Actress
- Mariam Buturishvili in Simindis Kundzuli as Actress
- Mariam Baouardy, OCD or MarÃa de JesÃºs Crucificado, is a holy Catholic who was a nun of the Order of Discalced Carmelites of the Melkite Greek-Catholic Church.
- Mariam Kurth acted in TV series 112 - Sie retten dein Leben
- In 1990, Mariam Ziman played the role of Fatima in drama flick Al-hajiz.
- Mariam Gaibova, from 2005 drama, romance flick Sex o phalsapheh, who characterized N.
- In 2003, Mariam C. Chemmoss portrayed the role of CoCo in drama film Refuge.
Lists having Mariam
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- Arabic Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Armenian Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Maria
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2017)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2015)
- Baby Names that mean Sea
- Baby Names that mean Bitterness
- Baby Names that mean Mary
- Baby Names that mean Rebelliousness
- Baby Names that mean Wished
- Baby Names that mean Child
- Baby Names that mean Flower
- Baby Names that mean Bitter
- Baby Names that mean Wife
- Baby Names that mean Star
- Baby Names that mean Pious
- Baby Names that mean Beautiful
- Baby Names that mean Women