Gitte meaning and origin
Gitte is originated from Yiddish, Celtic and Old Norse languages bestowed upon girls and is used largely in Greenlandic, German, Scandinavian, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and Finnish, Gitte means "The Exalted One or Sublime". Gitte is form of sacred and trendy Birgit. Birgit is variant of cherished Birgitta. Birgit is Nordic form of Birgitta and Brigitte. Origin of Birgit is in Old Norse and Celtic, meaning of Birgit is "The Exalted One, Sublime and The Word Biarga with the Meaning to Help". Gitte is version of pleasing Gitta. Gitta is variant of renowned Brigitta. Also Gitta is variation of Its Variant Forms. Gitta is also version of virtuous Margitta. Gitta is derivation of Gita. Gitta is short version of Brigitta. Also Gitta is short of Brigitte. Gitta came from Old Greek and Celtic, meaning of Gitta is "Sublime and The Exalted One". Gitte is short version of Brigitta. Brigitta is variant form of preeminent, virtuous and immutable Bridget. Brigitta's meaning is High, Mighty, Exalted and Strength, Force has its origin in Celtic. Gitte is shortened form of Brigitte. Brigitte is German and English form of Bridget. Also Brigitte is equivalent of Brigitta in German and French languages. Brigitte came from Celtic, meaning of Brigitte is "The Exalted One, Sublime and Strength".
Variants of Gitte
View middle names that goes with Gitte like Madie, Soline, Cheyanne,Names that rhyme with Gitte
Popularity of Gitte
Gitte is a familiar baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 2007, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 131 on girl names chart when 80 babies were given the name Gitte. There are over 1123 babies that have been given the name Gitte in Belgium. But Gitte is a popular baby name in Denmark where every 1 in 200 have the name. According to our estimate, at least 30000 people have been bestowed Gitte around the globe.
Gitte in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Gitte
You lack adventure. People hate you for having the guts to say “NO” to society restriction and rules. You love to travel but lack the money at the moment. Back in time, you were too focused on your career until you realized there's something more important to live for. Use your mind and position to do great things you will be remembered for. Freedom is what's most important for you. You have the ability to think outside the box and predict things before they happen.
Looking for a name like Gitte? Please go through the following names
- Kaden - Customary Kaden has its origin in Celtic, Old Irish and Arabic is used particulary in English and Arabic and a gender-neutral name, Kaden means "Son of Cadán or Companion"
- Vanya - Chiefly used in Gujarati and Hindi far-out, Vanya means "Yew, Gracious Gift of God or Van Ki Devi" and is aimed at both boys and girls is originated from Hebrew and Celtic
- Dalziel - Far-out and Fresh boy name Dalziel is used specifically in Gaelic and English which came from Celtic, meaning of Dalziel is "White Field"
- Nyle - The uncommon unisex name Nyle is originated from Old English and Celtic, used majorly in English language, Nyle means "Champion, Island or Desire"
- Guss - Used primarily in Old Norse and Finnish old-school and popular, Guss means "Talk, Chat" is originated from Latin and Old Norse is used mostly as a boy name
Namesakes of Gitte
- Gitte Seeberg, Danish politician, lawyer
- Gitte Hanspal, Danish-Indian model