Mirjam meaning and origin
Mirjam's meaning is Bitterness, Godsend Or: the Fertile, Possible: the Bitter, Sorrowful, Unruly, Beloved, Love, Corpulent, Rebellious, Defiant, Seeress, Woman or Whished-For Child   is originated from Hebrew and a girl name is predominantly used in Danish, Icelandic, Norwegian, Finnish, Faroese, Scandinavian, Dutch, German and Swedish. Mirjam is variation of biblical, leading leading and desirable Maria. Maria is resultant of Mary. Maria is form of Mirjam in Latin and Greek languages. Also Maria is Greek and Latin form of Mirjam. Of Hebrew origin, Maria, Maria means "Godsend Or: the Fertile and Unruly". Mirjam is Dutch, German and Scandinavian form of Mary. Also Mirjam is equivalent of Miriam in Dutch, German and Finnish languages.
Variants of MirjamNames that rhyme with Mirjam
Popularity of Mirjam
Mirjam is a rare baby name in Belgium where it may not be used now since it isn't seen since 1999. But Mirjam is a popular baby name in Germany where every 1 in 20000 have the name as well as in Namibia. As per our research, over 70000 babies have been bestowed Mirjam around the globe.
Mirjam in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Mirjam
You are undoubtedly a born leader. If number 1 is your soul urge no, it means you should be more independent. You believe that what you give is what you will receive. The law of attraction is something you admire and use when it comes to achieving your goals. People see you as an exceptional human being because of your determination and fearless attitude. You prefer to handle things alone. This reflects your self-confidence and self-reliance.
Looking for a name like Mirjam? Please go through the following names
- Rien - Unheard-of Rien principally is used in Dutch has its origin in Latin and Celtic, meaning of Rien is "Of the Sea and Sea Which Belong" is a gender-neutral name. Rien is shortened form of Marinus.
- Marga - Marga's meaning is The Pearl is principally used in Estonian and Danish that originated from Old Greek is a girl name
- Guus - Meaning of Guus is The August or The Dignified came from Latin and Old Norse and is aimed at boys is notably used in Dutch
- Boudewijn means Bold Friend is primarily used in Norwegian, Finnish and Danish, a boy name is originated from Germanic
- Janneke chiefly is used in Danish, Finnish and Swedish aimed at baby girls that originated from Hebrew, meaning of Janneke is "God is Merciful"
Namesakes of Mirjam
- Mirjam Timmer, Dutch singer-songwriter
- Mirjam Müntefering, German author and a lesbian
- Mirjam Weichselbraun, Austrian television host and actress, best known
- Mirjam Melchers, female former racing cyclist from the Netherlands
- Mirjam Ott, retired Swiss curler who lives in Laax
Lists having Mirjam
- Biblical Girl Names
- Girl names beginning with M
- Hebrew Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Dutch Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Bitterness
- Baby Names that mean Fertile
- Baby Names that mean Bitter
- Baby Names that mean Sorrowful
- Baby Names that mean Unruly
- Baby Names that mean Beloved
- Baby Names that mean Love
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Child
- Baby Names that mean Rebellion