Paris meaning and origin
Loved and Venerable unisex name Paris is originated from Old Greek, Celtic and Old Norse used chiefly in English, Swedish, Malayalam, Tamil, Gujarati, Telugu, Hindi, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Norwegian, Kannada, Danish and Finnish languages, meaning of Paris is "A Mythical Stone whose Touch Converts Iron into Gold, Name of a God, From Paris, The French Capital, Lover, Boat, Son of Isis, To Seek, Search For or Searcher". Paris is Latin form of The Greek Name Παρις.
Variants of ParisNames that rhyme with Paris
Popularity of Paris
Paris was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1881 around 37620 babies have been given the given name. When at its peak in 2004, 2150 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 157th position. After 220 years, the name has past its prime. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 500 baby names 24 times Paris is common in England and Wales where over 4338 new-borns have been given the name since 1996. At present the name is rising, in 2004, the moniker grabbed the 119th spot and 448 baby girls were given the name. Also, In New South Wales, Paris was once a common name since emerging in 1999 it has been given to over 489 babies. When at the peak of its usage in 2003,. After 5 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Paris is a familiar baby name in Queensland during its short run, it been to the top 100 names. In 2002, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 62 on girl names chart when 66 babies were given the name Paris. Over 205 babies in Queensland have been named Paris. The given name is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1912 and was able to reach the top 700 names. In 1920, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 689 on boy names chart when 41 babies were named Paris. Over 529 babies in France have been named Paris.
Paris is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it has been in use since 2000 and achieved its top ranking of 272 in 2004. There are over 102 babies that have been given the name Paris in Ireland. In Belgium, it is relatively new, first appeared in 2004. Paris is a common name in Indonesia, DR Congo, Greece and Mexico while somewhat familiar name in Nigeria, England, Cyprus, India, South Africa, Italy, Canada, Australia, Cambodia, Philippines, Malaysia, Spain, Iraq, Poland, Pakistan, China, Romania, United Arab Emirates and New Zealand. According to our findings, over 40000 babies have been named Paris globally.
Paris in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Paris?
If you have number 8 as your personality no, it reveals your competitive spirit, good nature, and lucky one. It's time you realize that your life success and accomplishments don't depend on other people and their opinion of you but on you and your opinion of yourself. You dream of living in a more humane society. Travelling is your passion. You are open to everyone and often taken for a fool.
Other names similar to Paris
- Duana - Used especially in English and Irish far-out, Duana means "The Little Dark One or Small Dark" and is bestowed upon both sexes is originated from Old Irish and Celtic
- Karadeg - Meaning of Karadeg is Friend has its origin in Celtic
- Betony - Unconventional Betony is originated from Celtic language is a girl name predominantly used in English, Betony means "Good for the Head"
- Quina - Celebrated Quina is used mostly in Irish and English aimed at baby girls has its origin in Celtic, Native and Hebrew. Quina is Irish form of Quinn
- Keiran - Of Celtic and Old Irish origin, Unorthodox Keiran is used substantially in English and Scottish, a gender-neutral name, Keiran means "Fight or The Black"
Namesakes of Paris
- Paris Bordone, Italian painter of the Venetian Renaissance who
- Paris Grey, American singer, most
- Paris de Grassis, Master of ceremonies to Pope Julius II and Pope Leo X
- Paris Reidhead, Christian missionary, teacher, writer
- Paris Nogari, Italian painter of the Renaissance period
- Paris Herouni, Armenian professor and scientist
- Paris Kanellakis, Greek American computer scientist
- Paris, Oscar Jackson, Jr
- Paris Themmen, American former child actor, real estate broker
- Paris C. Dunning, Democratic state representative, state senator, senate president pro tempore
- Paris Latsis, Greek shipping heir and socialite
- Paris Gibson, American entrepreneur and politician
- Paris Qualles, American screenwriter and television producer
- Paris Combo, musical group based in Paris, France
- Paris Bennett, American Entertainer and a former top 5 finalists on the fifth season of the reality television talent show
- Paris Barclay, American television director and producer
- Paris Lenon, former American football linebacker
- Paris Warren, former American football wide receiver
- Paris Jackson, professional Canadian football slotback
- Paris Theodore, American inventor of gun holsters and firearms and shooting techniques used by government agents and police departments
- Paris Angels, seven piece band, hailing
- Paris Hilton, American media personality, businesswoman, socialite
- Paris Hamilton, American football player, a wide receiver
- Paris Cullins, American comics artist best
- Paris Marie in Brand New Faces 24: Latin Edition as Actress
- Paris Alexander is well-known for his acting in movie Amfivolies
- Paris Jefferson, from 2019 drama and mystery movie Sunset Contract, who played the Ms Eve.
- In 2018 drama film, A Cure for Kyle, Paris Lindsay portrayed Jason.
- Paris Andersen played central character of Georgia Byrd in 2019 drama, horror film The DVD.
- Paris Blu characterized the role of Viola Joanne Blasey Crews in drama flick Confessional.
- In 2017, Paris Campbell characterized the role of Reggie in comedy, horror film Demon Hole.
- In 1966, Paris Pappis played the role of N in action, crime flick I leoforos tou thanatou.
- In 2012 drama movie, Love Therapy, Paris Smothers played Rachel.
Lists having Paris
- Boys names beginning with P
- Girls names beginning with P
- Celtic Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Norse Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2004)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2003)
- Baby Names that mean City
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Lover
- Baby Names that mean Boat
- Baby Names that mean Men
- Baby Names that mean Son