Zena name meaning
On This Page
What does Zena mean?
Of Old Greek and Old Persian origin, Well-Liked and Ceaseless Zena is used prevalently in Norwegian, Oriya, Italian, African, Tamil, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Danish, Malayalam, Bengali, Finnish, Swedish, Telugu and Marathi, Zena means "Moon, Fame, News, Ethiopian, One who is Famous, Welcoming, Hospitable or Power of Zeus" is bestowed upon both sexes.
Zena is variant of persistent and popular Zina. Zina is derivative of Zéa. Zina is shortened form of names ending with "zina". Zina is Russian, Greek and English cognate of Xenia.
Also Zina is form of Zena in English, Russian and Czech languages. Zina is also Latin and Russian form of Zinaida. Meaning of Zina is A Beauty, Beautiful and Name of a Flower came from Old Greek and Arabic.
Zena is variation of darling and conifer Ana. Ana is form of commonly accepted, biblical and timeless Anna. Ana is Spanish and Slavic form of Anna. Also Ana is Spanish and English cognate of Anna.
Ana is also Finnish equivalent of Ananias. Ana is also equivalent of Anianus in Finnish language. Desirable and Evergreen Hebrew Ana, meaning of Ana is "He (God) Was Gracious, Form of Anna and Clever".
Zena is version of outstanding Zenaida. Zenaida is variation of everlasting and well-liked Zenobia. Also Zenaida is form of recent Zinaida. Zenaida is Greek and Latin equivalent of Ζηναις from the Greek God Zeus.
Zena is short form of Zenobia. Zenobia is Greek equivalent of Zaynab. Zenobia means The Word Bios Which is of the Meaning Life, Power of Zeus and Life of Zeus is originated from Arabic and Old Greek.
Zena is short of Rosina. Rosina is form of durable and prominent Rosalind. Also Rosina is version of Euphrosina. Rosina is equivalent of Rosa in Latin language. Rosina's meaning is Horse and Fame is originated from Latin and Germanic.
How is Zena seen as a baby name?
Zena is a beautiful name for baby girls that has a certain charm to it. This name is unique and rare, making it stand out from other common names.
It has a short and sweet sound, making it easy to pronounce and remember. Zena is a Russian name that refers to "belonging to Zeus," which adds an air of power and strength to the name.
It has an exotic feel to it that gives it a sense of mystery and intrigue. The name Zena can also be spelled in various ways, including Xena or Zenia, giving parents more options when considering this name for their little girl.
Overall, Zena is a wonderful choice for parents who want something distinctive yet meaningful for their child's name.
How do I pronounce Zena?
z(e)-na is the most common way to pronounce two syllabled Zena.
Variants of ZenaNames that rhyme with Zena
How popular is the name Zena?
Zena used to be a common name in United States, first appeared in 1880 and over 5389 babies have been given the name in 138 years. At the peak of its usage in 1883,.
After 138 years, the name has past its prime. Zena is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 800 names.
In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 787 on girl names chart when 29 babies were named Zena. Over 418 people have been named Zena in England and Wales.
Zena is an uncommon baby name in France, although it has been in use since 1923 but could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 141 babies in France have been named Zena.
It had a short run of 4 years on Belgium girl names chart. But Zena is a popular baby name in Tanzania where every 1 in 900 have the name as well as in, Ethiopia and England.
According to our evaluation, over 120000 babies have been named Zena globally.
What numerology tells about Zena?
Having the letter A as your capstone reveals your true personality. Having vowel E as your first one in your name represents your sensitivity. Stop undervaluing love and relationships. You are a good friend who listens and never judges. You are a good listener but give the worst advice. You love your family but never show it. Instead of letting your past pull you back, travel to your future and focus on making plans on how to realize your goals.
Looking for a name like Zena? Please go through the following names
- Cyrielle - Used in French unexpected, Cyrielle came from Old Greek and is given to girls, Cyrielle means "Master, Lord or Divine"
- Abraxas - Atypical Abraxas came from Old Greek, meaning of Abraxas is "Mystical Word" is a unisex name
- Asmus primarily is used in Finnish, German and Norwegian, meaning of Asmus is "Erasmios or Gracious" that originated from Old Greek is a boy name
- Ireen - The odd girl name Ireen is principally used in English is originated from Old Greek, Ireen means "Peaceful"
- Elin - Meaning of Elin is Angel or Shining used for both genders and of Old French and Welsh origin is used commonly in Norwegian and English
Middle names for Zena
Just in case, you don't know what to pair with Zena, we've got you covered with these familiar and sweet middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Zena.
Famous people named Zena
- Zena Tsarfin, American journalist best known as managing editor of the magazines 'High Times'
- Zena Tooze, Canadian biologist and conservationist
- Zena Dare, English singer and actress
- Zena Marshall, British actress of film and television
- Zena McNally, British former radio presenter and member of girl-group Mis-Teeq
- Zena Foster in The Corpse Grinders as Actress
- Zena Little in World Cup Teens as Actress
- Zena Fulsom in Zena Fulsom Does Hard-Core! as
- Zena Woody in Surrendering Noah as Actress
- Zena Dean in Rainwoman 9: Wetlands as Actress
- Zena Collier is credited as writer of tvMovie A Cooler Climate
- In 1919 comedy movie, Oh Boy!, Zena Keefe characterized Jackie Sampson.
- Zena Walker portrayed the leading character of Eileen Forbes in 1969 thriller movie The Last Shot You Hear.
Lists having Zena
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with Z
- Girls names beginning with Z
- Greek Baby Names
- Persian Baby Names
- African Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Moon
- Baby Names that mean Fame
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Famous
- Baby Names that mean Power
- Baby Names that mean Belonging
- Baby Names that mean Stranger
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Beautiful
- Baby Names that mean Ornament