Raya name meaning
On This Page
What does Raya mean?
Offbeat Old Greek, Slavic, Arabic, Slavonic, Russian and Germanic Raya is used primarily in Oriya, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil, French, Gujarati, Hindi, Arabic, Russian, Telugu, Bengali and Malayalam given to both genders, meaning of Raya is "Flowing of a River, Zeal, Flow, Sated with Drink, Wise Guardian, Goddess Parvati, Form of Regina, Queen, Rose, Beautiful, At the Flower of the Age, Advice or Protector".
Raya is form of commonly accepted Raina. Raina is a version of lofty and evergreen Reina. Also Raina is variant form of lofty Radka. Raina is a short version of Regina.
Raina is feminine variant of Rainer. Raina's meaning is Pure, Wise Guardian and Beautiful Princess came from Germanic and Slavonic. Raya is abridged form of Raymonde. Raymonde is variation of loved and ever lasting Ramona.
Origin of Queer Raymonde is in Germanic and Old High German languages, meaning of Raymonde is "Advice, Protector and Protection" is used particulary in French. Raya is diminutive of Raimonda. Raimonda is version of unfading and acclaimed Ramona.
Raimonda's meaning is Advice and Protector came from Germanic is used in Italian.
How do I pronounce Raya?
The most common pronunciation of two syllabled Raya is ra-ya. raw-ya is the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of Raya
Nicknames for Raya
Name Raya is already a short name but there are some nicknames to go along with it:Names that rhyme with Raya
How popular is the name Raya?
In United States, Raya was once a common name since emerging in 1958 it has been given to over 3489 babies. At its zenith in 2017,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 50 years but it is still going strong.
Raya is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 500 names. Recently in 2017, 97 babies were given Raya and it reached its peak ranking, 453 on girl names chart.
Over 913 people have been named Raya in England and Wales.
Raya is an uncommon baby name in France, even after 20 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 3000.
Over 153 people have been named Raya in France. But Raya is a popular baby name in India where every 1 in 30000 have the name as well as in, Oman, Ethiopia, Russia, Tanzania, Niger, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan and Indonesia.
At least, 180000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
Raya in Nordic countries
What numerology tells about Raya?
You are passionate when it comes to relationships but cool off too easily. You have a quick mind. You are a freethinker. You are the mover and shaker of the world. You can't be offended or insulted by anyone because you know that an insult is an insult if you accept it as your truth. You are triggered by things that seem impossible to do or accomplish because to you, nothing's impossible. You are often seen as the wise weirdo who doesn't talk much.
Do you like Raya? Read these names too
- Ilanka - Mostly used in Russian and Hungarian, Ilanka means "Burst of the Sun" and is aimed at baby girls has its origin in Greek and Hungarian
- Ilene - The popular and venerable girl name Ilene has origin in Old Greek and Old French especially used in English, Irish and Greek languages, Ilene means "Aveline and Beautiful". Ilene is a spelling variant of Eileen.
- Jolanta - Used specifically in Danish, Finnish and Norwegian far-out, Jolanta means "Violet" and is used for girls is rooted from Polish and English
- Pippo means Horse Lover or Friend of Horses is used particulary in Italian. Its origin is in Old Greek is a baby boy name
- Elne - The boy name Elne means "A Courageous Man or Splash of the Sun" has origin in Old English and Greek
Famous people named Raya
- Raya Dunayevskaya, American founder of the philosophy of Marxist Humanism
- Raya Garbousova, cellist and teacher
- Rayah Houston in The Houstons: On Our Own as
- Raya Fahreza is writer of movie The Maling Kuburans
- Raya Bachvarova, from 1986 drama, family film Skapa moya, skapi moy, who characterized the Raya.
- Raya Martigny, from 2018 documentary movie Charbon, who portrayed Raya Martigny.
Lists having Raya
- Boys names beginning with R
- Girls names beginning with R
- Arabic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Russian Baby Names
- Slavic Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Boy names that starts with Ray
- Girl names that ends with -aya
- Baby Names that mean Flowing
- Baby Names that mean River
- Baby Names that mean Flow
- Baby Names that mean Wise
- Baby Names that mean Guardian
- Baby Names that mean Goddess
- Baby Names that mean Parvati
- Baby Names that mean Queen
- Baby Names that mean Rose
- Baby Names that mean Beautiful
- Baby Names that mean Flower
- Baby Names that mean Advice
- Baby Names that mean Protector