Doreen name meaning
On This Page
What does Doreen mean?
Originated from English and Old Greek, Admired Doreen means "Gift of God, Gilded or Gift and God" which is chiefly used in Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, English and Danish is aimed at both sexes.
Doreen is short version of Dorothy. Dorothy is a variation of evergreen, admired and biblical Dorothea. Dorothy is form of Dorothea in English language. Prominent Dorothy's origin is Old Greek, meaning of Dorothy is "Gift, Gift of God and Gift and God".
Also Doreen is form of Dora in English language.. The name is celebrated on February 6.
How do I pronounce Doreen?
Two syllabled Doreen is pronounced as d(o)-reen.
Variants of Doreen
How popular is the name Doreen?
Doreen was a popular name in United States. Over 46342 babies have been named Doreen since 1900. At its zenith in 1956, the moniker grabbed the 147th spot and 2571 baby girls were given the name.
However after 126 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names 48 times Doreen is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, in use since 1996, peaked in 1998 when it ranked 1979th.
In Ireland, it had been in use since 1964 and made it to the top 200 but has appeared since 2001. Over 405 babies have been named Doreen in those 32 years.
Over 405 people have been named Doreen in Ireland. Also, it is among the top 2000 girl names in France. Over 369 people have been named Doreen in France.
Doreen is a rare baby name in Belgium there is very thin chances of it still being given since it isn't seen since 1997.
But Doreen is a popular baby name in England where every 1 in 600 have the name as well as in, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, Zambia, Ghana, Germany, South Africa, Canada, Tanzania, Rwanda, Zimbabwe, Scotland and Jamaica.
As per our evaluation, over 610000 people has been named Doreen globally.
Doreen in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Doreen
Expression number 7 reveals your disrespect for people who gossip, lie and have no special purpose in life. You are driven by success and accomplishing everything you imagined as a child. You always hope your intuition is wrong and give people a chance to earn your trust. You have trust issues and anger management problem that you seem to be handling pretty well. You are all about justice and can't stand people who interfere in other people's lives.
Other names similar to Doreen
- Terianna - The unconventional girl name Terianna means "Ambitious and One who is Strong" is rooted from Old Greek language. Terianna is derivative of Terrian.
- Pennie - Meaning of Pennie is Penelops has its origin in Old Greek is a baby girl name is used mostly in English
- Stazie - Of Old Greek origin, Anomalous and Vintage Stazie is notably used in English and is used for girls, Stazie means "Resurrection and To Stand". Stazie is derived from Stacey.
- Kajsa - Used in Swedish and Norwegian unexpected, Kajsa came from Old Greek used as a baby girl name, Kajsa means "The Pure"
- Macaria - Macaria's meaning is Blessed has origin in Old Greek and is mostly used in Spanish is used for baby girls
Middle names for Doreen
These famous and charming middle names fit well with Doreen.
View more middle names that goes with Doreen.
Sibling Names for Doreen
Are you considering naming your baby girl Doreen, but in search of the perfect sibling name to go with it? Look no further! We've compiled a list of unique and complementary names for brothers and sisters of a little Doreen. From classic to modern, take a look at our suggestions below.
Sister for Doreen
Names for Doreen's brother
Famous people named Doreen
- Doreen Massey, Baroness Massey of Darwen, Labour member of the House of Lords
- Doreen Bird, British dance teacher and founder of the Doreen Bird College of Performing Arts
- Doreen Dodick, New Democratic Party member of the Legislative Assembly of Manitoba
- Doreen Wilber, American archer from Rutland, Iowa
- Doreen Gentzler, American television news anchor
- Doreen Knatchbull, Baroness Brabourne, Anglo-Irish aristocrat
- Doreen Young Wickremasinghe, British leftist
- Doreen Carwithen, British composer of classical and film music
- Doreen Eagles, Canadian provincial politician
- Doreen Wicks, Canadian nurse, humanitarian and Citizenship Judge
- Doreen Sloane, English actress, best
- Doreen Patterson Reitsma, first woman
- Doreen Kimura, Canadian psychologist
- Doreen Massey, British social scientist and geographer
- Doreen Valiente, English Wiccan
- Doreen Mantle, South African-born English actress
- Doreen Hamilton, Canadian politician
- Doreen Tracey, British-born American performer
- Doreen McKay, American film actress
- Doreen Keogh, Irish-born actress of radio, stage
- Doreen Tryden in The Sound of Music as Actress
- Doreen Herrington in Up the Junction as Actress
- Doreen Hermitage in Little Shop of Horrors as Miscellaneous Crew
- Doreen McLean in Back Street as Actress
- Doreen Blythe in The Unforgettable Ernie Wise as
- Doreen Woodbury in Space Ship Sappy as Actress
- Doreen McCann in Sister Kenny as Actress
- Doreen Hepburn in Da as Actress
- Doreen Spicer in The Proud Family as Writer
- Doreen Chanter is a British singer famous for her career as a member of the Chanter Sisters group.
- Doreen Alderman in movie Death Flash as Actress
- In 1926, Doreen Banks portrayed the role of Angela StJacques in comedy flick Safety First.
- Doreen Heins, from 1986 film Die Liebeswüste, who portrayed the N.
- Doreen Munroe, from 1943 drama, history film Forever and a Day, who played the Wartime Londoner.
- Doreen Valdati, from 2003 horror flick The Tenement, who characterized the Eloise Fernier.
Lists having Doreen
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with D
- Girls names beginning with D
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Dor
- Girl names that ends with -een
- Baby Names that mean Gift
- Baby Names that mean God