Susannah name meaning
What does Susannah mean?
Commonly Accepted and Conifer Susannah has its origin in Hebrew, Susannah means "Lily or Rose" and is used for both genders is dominantly used in Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish and English. Susannah is a variant of ever lasting and prevalent Susanna. Susanna is a variant of biblical, perennial and prevalent Suzanne. Susanna's meaning is True Beauty and From Σουσαννα, a Greek Form of the Hebrew Name,ׁוֹשַׁנָּה has its origin in Hebrew.
How about the name Susannah for a baby?
Susannah is a popular and charming name for baby girls that originated from Hebrew, meaning "lily". It has a musical quality to it, making it perfect for parents who want to give their daughters a name with an appealing sound. Susannah has a timeless appeal and is associated with beauty, purity, and grace. This name also has a strong biblical connection since Susannah was one of the women mentioned in the Bible's Book of Daniel. The versatility of this name allows for various nicknames such as Sue or Susie or even Sanna, giving parents more options to personalize their child's identity. Overall, Susannah is an elegant and refined choice for any girl's name.
How do I pronounce Susannah?
The two syllabled name Susannah is commonly pronounced as s(u)-sannah. sus(an)-nah is the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of Susannah
Susanna, Shoshana, Sousanna, Suzanne, Sanne, Susann, Suesan, Shoshanah, SusanNames that rhyme with Susannah
How popular is the name Susannah?
In United States, Susannah was once a common name since emerging in 1882 it has been given to over 7342 babies. When at its peak in 1882,. However after 123 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, In England and Wales, Susannah was once a common name since emerging in 1996 it has been given to over 965 babies. At its zenith in 1996,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years.
Susannah is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, in use since 1965, peaked in 1966 when it ranked 380th. But Susannah is a popular baby name in England where every 1 in 8000 have the name as well as in Liberia. At least, 20000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
Susannah in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Susannah?
The soul is more important to you than your body. You are a person of change and spontaneity. The letter S is your cornerstone reveals you have a strong spirit. Use your gut around people. Difficult times boost your self-confidence, especially when you are having an emotional breakdown and find the courage to make it through the day. Sometimes you focus on analyzing people's actions and get inspired by what they do and how they live.
Do you like Susannah? Read these names too
- Ary - Of Hebrew and German origin, Outlandish and Enduring Ary bestowed upon both boys and girls, Ary means "House or King"
- Rinea - Girl name Rinea is rooted from Germanic, Rinea means "Pure, Dissolved and Greens from the Village". Rinea is derived from Rina.
- Ilsebet - Girl name Ilsebet is used chiefly in Danish. Ilsebet is German cognate of Elisabet
- Séraphine means To Burn has its origin in Hebrew
- Savvy - New-fangled and Curious Savvy has its origin in English, Savvy means "From the Open Plain, Savannah and A Treeless Plain" is a baby girl name. Savvy is resulted from Savannah.
Middle names for Susannah
Just in case, you don't know what to pair with Susannah, we've got you covered with these all the rage and loveable middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Susannah.
Famous people named Susannah
- Susannah Maria Cibber, celebrated English singer and actress and the sister of the composer Thomas Arne
- Susannah Darwin, wife of Robert Darwin, a wealthy doctor
- Susannah Fowle, Australian actress
- Susannah Fiennes, British artist
- Susannah York, English actress
- Susannah Constantine, 'Trinny & Susannah Undress
- Susannah McCorkle, American jazz singer
- Susannah Doyle, English actress, playwright and film director
- Susannah Lattin, American woman
- Susannah Harker, English film, television, and theatre actor
- Susannah Melvoin, American vocalist and songwriter
- Susannah Corbett, English actress and author
- Susannah Carr, Western Australian television news presenter
- Susannah Morrisey, fictional character
- Susannah Grant, American screenwriter and director
- Susannah Martin, — was one of fourteen women executed for witchcraft during the Salem witch trials of colonial Massachusetts
- Susannah Johnson, American gymnast
- Susannah Hitching in Episode #2.3 as Actress
- Susannah Bianchi in Trainwreck: My Life as an Idiot as Actress
- Susannah O'Brien in Encounter as Director
- Susannah Breslin in 'SlutWalks' and Modern Feminism as
- Susannah Hoffman in Chapter 22 as Actress
- Susannah Cahalan in Brain on Fire as Writer
- Susannah Bean in Bosom Buds vs. Mod Squad as Miscellaneous Crew
- Susannah Flood in Intimidation Game as Actress
- Susannah Buxton in Millions as Costume Designer
- Susannah Wetzel in Picture This! as Actress
- Susannah Blinkoff is writer of movie Bellyfruit
- Susannah Bradley, from 1999 movie The Male Swagger, who characterized the Girl of Poe.
- Susannah Hillard portrayed significant role of Stephanie and Hollywood Turtle in 2017 comedy, drama film It's Gawd!.
- In 1998 sci-fi movie, Borg War 3, Susannah Coster characterized Stardate Reporter.
Lists having Susannah
- Boys names beginning with S
- Girls names beginning with S
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -annah
- Baby Names that mean Lily
- Baby Names that mean Rose