Dahlia name meaning
On This Page
What does Dahlia mean?
Origin of Loved and All time favorite Dahlia is in German and Germanic languages bestowed upon girls which is used especially in Swedish, Arabic, Finnish, English, German, Danish and Norwegian, meaning of Dahlia is "Flower Name, Valley or Dahlia".
Is Dahlia suitable to use as a baby name?
Dahlia is a charming and unique name for a baby girl that is sure to stand out. It has a lovely sound to it, with its soft consonants and melodic rhythm.
The name Dahlia is inspired by the flower of the same name, which is known for its bold and vibrant colors. As such, it evokes feelings of beauty, grace, and femininity.
Unlike other more common names, Dahlia offers parents an opportunity to choose something truly distinctive without being too unusual or difficult to pronounce. Overall, Dahlia is a wonderful choice for parents who are looking for an elegant and memorable name for their little one.
How do I pronounce Dahlia?
The two syllabled name Dahlia is pronounced, dahl-ya. Some people pronounce it as dahl-ee-ah or da(h)-lia.
Variants of Dahlia
Nicknames for Dahlia
Plentitude of nicknames available for baby name Dahlia include:Names that rhyme with Dahlia
How popular is the name Dahlia?
Dahlia was a popular name in United States. Over 11485 babies have been given the given name in 115 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2016, 839 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 392nd position.
However after 115 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still going strong on charts. Moreover, the name has been to the top 500 baby names 6 times Dahlia is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1904 and was able to reach the top 700 names.
Recently in 2017, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 618 on girl names chart when 86 babies were named Dahlia. Over 1014 people have been named Dahlia in France.
Dahlia is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1997 and was able to reach the top 800 names.
Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 767 on girl names chart when 50 babies were named Dahlia. Over 394 people have been named Dahlia in England and Wales.
Dahlia is an uncommon baby name in Switzerland, even after 21 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 103 babies in Switzerland have been named Dahlia. In Belgium, it has been in use since 2006 and peaked in 2017 when it ranked 739th.
Dahlia is a rare baby name in Ireland where it is still in use. But Dahlia is a popular baby name in Indonesia where every 1 in 5000 have the name as well as in, Egypt and Philippines.
According to our research, at least 110000 people have been bestowed Dahlia around the globe.
Dahlia in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Dahlia
You should focus on your personal progress too. Try to be more compassionate and humane. Listen to your heart, enjoy more and care less. You get easily disappointed by others because you expect too much. You have a powerful appearance. You always make the best entrance, no matter where you appear. Having letter A at the end of your name symbolizes your free thinking and an open mind. You lack motivation and courage to take an action. So what if you fail?
If you like Dahlia, you would love these names
- Jahangir - Used substantially in Arabic and Sindhi, Jahangir is used as a baby boy name. It is rooted from Afghan, Jahangir means "A Moghul Emperor had this Name or A Moghul Emperor"
- Del - Widespread unisex name Del means "Proud Friend or Short for Names Beginning with Del" that originated from English and Gypsy is used especially in Arabic and English
- Kehkashan - Used commonly in Arabic and Sindhi, Kehkashan bestowed upon girls, Kehkashan means "Galaxy"
- Fadhiya - Fadhiya's meaning is Gorgeous aimed at baby girls is used mainly in Gujarati and Hindi
- Abhar - Unisex name Abhar means "More Magnificent, Shining or Arabian Jasmine" is used mainly in Arabic and Arabic
Middle names for Dahlia
Complement Dahlia with any of the familiar and progressing middle names assembled below.
View more middle names that goes with Dahlia.
Sibling Names for Dahlia
Dahlia is a beautiful and unique name for a baby girl. If you want to name your other children with similar or matching sounding names, here are some sibling names that complement Dahlia perfectly.
For a sister
Brother for Dahlia
Famous people named Dahlia
- Dahlia Wasfi, American physician and peace activist
- Dahlia Gredinger, Israeli scientist
- Dahlia Duhaney, retired female sprinter from Jamaica,
- Dahlia Ravikovitch, Israeli poet, translator, and peace activist
- Dahlia Lithwick, Canadian-American writer and journalist
- Dahlia Denyle in The Office: A XXX Parody as Actress
- Dahlia White in Stay Up All Night Thing! as Actress
- Dahlia Tequali in Abby in America as Actress
- Dahlia Grey in Playthings as Actress
- Dahlia Waingort in The Muppets as Actress
- Dahlia Legault in Actress Apocalypse as Actress
- Dahlia Sky in Rocco's Coming in America as Actress
- Dahlia Dark in The Brides of Sodom as Actress
- Dahlia Salem in Another World as Actress
- Writer Dahlia Heyman, well-known for movie Someday This Pain Will Be Useful to You
Lists having Dahlia
- Girl names beginning with D
- American Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Arabic Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Flower
- Baby Names that mean Valley