Margret meaning and origin
Margret's meaning is Pearl or Child of Light is predominantly used in Swedish, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian, Danish, Faroese, German and English that of Old Greek origin is a girl name . Margret is variant form of noteworthy and pious Margaret. Margaret is form of renowned, virtuous and imperishable Marguerite. Margaret is English cognate of Margareta. Originated from Old Greek, Prevalent and Ceaseless Margaret, Margaret means "Jewel and Pearl".
Variants of Margret
Magret, Margaret, Marguerite, Margareta, Grieta, Margaux, Mamie, Tita, Margueritte, Annemargaret, Magreth, Griet, Margarita, Magga, Maret, Marga, Greta, Margau, Margeaux, Margot, Mammie, Maria, Mariam, Mariamne, Mirjam, Mary, Thita, Christina, Margueriette, Ann, Anna, Anders, Arne, Anne
View middle names that goes with Margret like Cien, Avee, Sudie,Names that rhyme with Margret
Popularity of Margret
Margret is common in United States where over 9977 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. When at its peak in 1882, 214 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 285th position. In addition to that, the first name has been in However things change on global perspective, Margret is extremely popular in Uganda where every 1 in 200 have the name as well as in Germany. Also the baby name is popular in Nigeria, Zambia, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Papua New Guinea and Egypt. According to our research, over 660000 babies have been named Margret globally.
Margret in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Margret?
You have the heart of a warrior. Your creativity is something many people envy, especially your co-workers. Others see you as perfect, so start acting so. You have a sharp focus and nothing slips your eye. You are all about independence, and like to have your own possessions because you like to enjoy luxury but not at any prize. People often mistake you for a fool but you always find an indirect way to prove them wrong.
You would love these names similar to Margret
- Katharine - Persistent and Commonly Accepted Katharine is used majorly in Danish and Finnish is a gender-neutral name, Katharine means "Virginal or Torture" is of Old Greek origin
- Esdras - Esdras's meaning is Helper has its origin in Hebrew is a boy name is mostly used in French, Spanish and Greek
- Sofija - Unexpected Sofija dominantly is used in Latvian and Slavic came from Old Greek used as a girl name, meaning of Sofija is "Wisdom"
- Dayman - Dayman's meaning is Conqueror, Fertility and Tamer used for boys has its origin in Old Greek. Dayman is resultant of Damian.
- Evangelia - Used dominantly in Greek far-out, Evangelia means "Good Messenger or Good News", a baby girl name has origin in Old Greek
Namesakes of Margret
- Margret Suckale, member of the board of Deutsche Bahn AG
- Margret Rey, German-born American writer and illustrator
- Margret Kopala, Canadian writer and public policy analyst
- Margret Heater, Baltimore
- Margret R.R. Echeverria in Jigsaw Venus as Actress
- Margret Völker in Mobbing as Actress
- Margret Dünser in Episode #6.1 as
- Margreth Weivers in En kärlekshistoria as Actress
- Margret Homeyer in Kein Pardon as Actress
- Margret Echeverria in short Jigsaw Venus as Actress