Teresa name meaning
What does Teresa mean?
Prevailing and Enduring Teresa has its origin in Old Greek is predominantly used in Swedish, Spanish, Faroese, English, Finnish, Norwegian, Italian, Icelandic and Danish and a gender insensitive name, Teresa means "Harvester, Late Summer, To Flow Down or The Hunteress". Teresa is variant form of all time favorite, eminent and sacred Theresa. Theresa is variation of timeless and well-liked Theresia. Meaning of Theresa is End of Thera Tribe and Hunter is rooted from Old Greek.
How do I pronounce Teresa?
The three syllabled name Teresa is commonly pronounced as t(e)-re-sa. tuh-ray-suh or tuh-ree-suh are another way(s) to say the name.
Variants of TeresaNames that rhyme with Teresa
How popular is the name Teresa?
Teresa was an extremely popular name in United States. Over 414831 babies have been given the moniker in 201 years. At its zenith in 1961, the moniker grabbed the 18th spot and 18904 baby girls were given the name. However after 201 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still dominating the charts. Moreover, the name has been to the top 50 baby names 21 times Also, Teresa was among the popular names in Spain. Since emerging in 2002 around 3262 babies have been given the first name. At the peak of its usage in 2003, the moniker grabbed the 64th spot and 544 baby girls were given the name. After 7 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 100 baby names 7 times
A common name in Ireland having over 4783 recievers in 56 years of usage. Presently the name is rising, in 1964, it ranked 19th when 328 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, Teresa used to be a common name in New South Wales, first appeared in 1963 and over 787 babies have been given the name in 9 years. At its zenith in 1970,. After 9 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Teresa is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1913 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 1964, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 328 on girl names chart when 68 babies were given the name Teresa. There are over 1695 babies that have been given the name Teresa in France. Also, in Queensland, the name had been in use for 16 years beginning from 1960 and had secured the place in top 100 names. In 1973, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 69 on girl names chart when 60 babies were given the name Teresa. Over 722 babies in Queensland have been named Teresa.
Teresa is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 526 on girl names chart when 48 babies were named Teresa. Over 641 people have been named Teresa in England and Wales. Teresa is an uncommon baby name in Switzerland, even after 21 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 139 babies in Switzerland have been named Teresa. It also recently appeared in Belgium baby girl names chart.
However things change on global perspective, Teresa is extremely popular in Mexico where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in, Italy, Angola, Argentina, Brazil and Colombia. Also the baby name is popular in Mozambique, Portugal, Poland, Peru, Cuba, Philippines, England, Chile, Ecuador, Venezuela, Bolivia, Guatemala, Kenya, Canada, El Salvador, Paraguay, Ethiopia, Dominican Republic, Uganda, South Sudan, Nicaragua, Honduras, India, Australia, Germany, Uruguay, South Africa, East Timor, Equatorial Guinea, Northern Ireland, Lithuania, Costa Rica, Malaysia and Puerto Rico. As per our findings, over 3460000 people has been named Teresa globally.
Teresa in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Teresa?
Your soul is suffocated with memories that are hard to forget. Partnerships are exclusively important to you. You can't stand fake people with low IQ who gossip and do small talks on a daily basis because they have nothing smart to say. Let go off your past, you are not what happened to you rather what you choose to be. Stop undervaluing love and relationships. You are a freethinker. Skin touch makes you nervous because you feel it so deeply that it makes you tremble.
Looking for a name like Teresa? Please go through the following names
- Amintore - Of Old Greek origin, Amintore is used largely in Italian, Amintore means "The Element Amyntor Which Means Protector Defender" is a baby boy name
- Demy - Primarily used in Dutch and English uncustomary, Demy aimed at baby girls, meaning of Demy is "Dedicated to Demeter" is originated from Old Greek and French
- Phyliss - Famous girl name Phyliss is of Old Greek origin and is principally used in English language, meaning of Phyliss is "Phyllon"
- Chrysanthi means Gold Flower is of Greek origin is bestowed upon baby girls. Chrysanthi is feminine version of Chrysanthos.
- Olindo - Unconventional boy name Olindo means "Olinthos or Olynthos" which is mainly used in Italian is rooted from Old Greek language
Famous people named Teresa
- Teresa of Ávila, prominent Spanish mystic, Roman Catholic saint
- Teresa de Lauretis, Italian author and Distinguished Professor Emerita of the History of Consciousness at the University of California
- Teresa Daly, American politician
- Teresa Stratas, retired Canadian operatic soprano of Greek descent
- Teresa Riera, Spanish politician and Member of the European Parliament for the Spanish Socialist Workers' Party
- Teresa Morgan, English academic and cleric
- Teresa Simas, Portuguese dancer and choreographer
- Teresa Pizarro de Angulo, Colombian beauty pageant director and farmer
- Teresa Demjanovich, American Ruthenian Catholic Sister of Charity
- Teresa Gutierrez, American activist
- Teresa Román Vélez, Colombian writer and chef
- Teresa Billington-Greig, suffragette
- Teresa of the Andes, Chilean professed religious
- Teresa Ferster Glazier, American nonfiction writer
- Teresa Chikaba, Guinean princess
- Teresa de Cartagena, Spanish writer
- Teresa Żarnowerówna, Polish avant-garde artist, painter, sculptor
- Teresa Machado, Portuguese discus thrower and shot putter
- Teresa Larraín, was First Lady of Chile and the wife of President Agustín Eyzaguirre
- Teresa Nzola Meso Ba, Angolan-French triple jumper
- Teresa Fernández de Traba, Queen consort of León during the reign of Ferdinand II
- Teresa Hurtado de Ory, Spanish actress
- Teresa Stich-Randall, European-based American soprano opera singer
- Teresa Maryańska, Polish paleontologist
- Teresa Wright, American actress
- Teresa Brewer, American singer whose style incorporated country, jazz
- Teresa Gorman, British politician
- Teresa Heinz, American businesswoman and philanthropist of Portuguese descent
- Teresa Teng, Taiwanese singer
- Teresa of León, Countess of Portugal, was Countess and Queen of Portugal
- Teresa Gambaro, Australian former politician and member of the Liberal National Party
- Teresa Cheung, Hong Kong singer
- Teresa Berganza, Spanish mezzo-soprano
- Teresa Edwards, American former women's basketball player and four time Olympic gold medalist
- Teresa Graves, American actress and singer
- Teresa Hooley, pseudonym of Mrs
- Teresa Weatherspoon, retired American basketball player
- Teresa Fedor, Democratic member of the Ohio House of Representatives
- Teresa de la Parra, Venezuelan novelist
- Teresa Salgueiro, Portuguese singer
- Teresa Lubomirska, Polish noblewoman
- Teresa Nielsen Hayden, American science fiction editor, fanzine writer
- Teresa Carreño, Venezuelan pianist, singer, composer
- Teresa Kok, Malaysian politician
- Teresa Lourenco, Trinidadian model
- Teresa Villaverde, Portuguese film director
- Teresa Parente, American actress and singer
- Teresa Chambers, American law enforcement officer and a former chief of the United States Park Police
- Teresa Wong, traditional Chinese Huqin player
- Teresa Palmer, Australian actress, writer
- Teresa Bagioli Sickles, wife of Democratic New York State Assemblyman
Lists having Teresa
- Boys names beginning with T
- Girls names beginning with T
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Boy names that starts with Ter
- Girl names that ends with -esa
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1981)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (1992)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (1974)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (1976)
- Baby Names that mean Harvester
- Baby Names that mean Summer
- Baby Names that mean Flow
- Baby Names that mean Hunteress