Tilly meaning and origin
Meaning of Tilly is From Tilden, Matilda, Mighty in War, Battle-mighty, Powerful in Battle, Might, Fight, Possession, Power or Struggle is of Germanic and Old High German origin, used in Swedish, Norwegian, English, Danish and Finnish is a unisex name . Tilly is form of Tilli. Tilli is variant of vintage sounding and prevalent Tilla. Tilli is derivative of Till. Tilli is short of Mathilde. Tilli is Greenlandic cognate of Tivdle. Tilli means Power and Struggle is of Germanic origin. Tilly is a form of prevailing Till. Till is variation of Tile. Also Till is form of dominant Tilo. Till is abridged form of names with "Diet". Also Till is diminutive of Theodoric. Originated from Gothic, Old High German and Germanic, Outlandish Till, Till means "People and Clever". Tilly is a short form of Mathilde. Mathilde is version of immutable and outstanding Matilda. Also Mathilde is variant form of unfading and preeminent Mathilda. Mathilde's meaning is Fight, Strength and Might is of Old High German and Germanic origin.
Variants of TillyNames that rhyme with Tilly
Popularity of Tilly
Tilly was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 9606 babies have been named Tilly since 1996. At its zenith in 2009, it ranked 86th when 703 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 23 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 100 baby names 8 times A common name in United States with over 1075 new-borns have been given the name since 1912. Currently peaked at the charts, it ranked 1648th when 127 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Tilly is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, its highest ever rank is 221 (2019) in its 14 years run on Ireland naming chart. Over 146 babies in Ireland have been named Tilly. Also, it appeared first time in 2000 on baby girl names list of France. Also, it appeared first time in 2000 on baby girl names list of Belgium. Tilly is a common name in Netherlands, Ghana and Germany while somewhat familiar name in England, South Africa, Canada, Luxembourg, Australia, Indonesia and DR Congo. At least, 10000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
Tilly in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Tilly?
Open your mind to new opinion and widen your perspective. You always care more about other people's well-being and never find time to check how you are doing. Having letter I as your first vowel represents your elegance, impulsive attitude, big heart, and gentle soul. You are seen as a dominant force at your workplace, while your friends see you as their shoulder to cry. Don't forget to emind yourself of your life success, when facing hard times.
Other names liked by soon-to-be-parents that are similar to Tilly
- Sintram - Old High German name Sintram means "Composition Way Trip or Raven"
- Hedelin - Originated from German, Hedelin means "Noble or Sweet"
- Ornella - Ornella's meaning is Ash or Gold used for baby girls used specifically in German and Italian is originated from Italian
- Bruin - The infrequent boy name Bruin means "Brown, Transfer: Bear and Shield" is originated from Germanic is principally used in Scandinavian. Bruin is a derivative of Bruno.
- Bleikard - The Bleikard is rooted from Old High German, meaning of Bleikard is "Composition, Cheerful or Spear"
Namesakes of Tilly
- Tilly Rolston, Canadian politician
- Tilly Smith, English woman who, at age 10
- Tilly Kettle, circa 1765, Tate Gallery
- Tilly Vosburgh, English actress
- Tilly Aston, blind Australian writer and teacher,
- Tilly and the Wall, indie pop group from Omaha, Nebraska
- Tilly Bagshawe, British freelance journalist and author
- Tilly Walker, American professional baseball player
- Tilly Devine, English Australian organised crime boss
- Tilly Fleischer, German athlete
- Tilly van der Zwaard, retired middle distance runner
- Tilly Losch, Austrian-born dancer, choreographer
- Tilly Tremayne in Persuasion as Actress
- Tilly Hatcher in Beeswax as Actress
- Tilly Hardy in Episode #4.10 as
- Tilly Wood in Pistols at Dawn or Rock, Paper, Scissors? as Actress
- Tilly Powell in Fast & Furious 6 as Stunts
- Tilly Blackwood in Weak at Denise as Actress
- Tilly Scott Pedersen in Voksne mennesker as Actress
- Tilly Perin-Bouwmeester is renowned for her acting in movie De vier mullers
- In 1996, Tilly Gerrard portrayed the role of Katy in film Black Eyes.
- In 1939, Tilly Janssens portrayed the role of Moeder van Jan in comedy flick Met den helm geboren.
- Tilly von Kaulbach, from 1913 drama movie Skyggedanserinden, who characterized the N.
- Tilly Tschaffon, from 1923 flick Die Meisterspringer von Kürnberg, who portrayed the N.
- In 2003, Tilly Mandelbrot played the role of Kim in comedy movie Le bison (et sa voisine Dorine).
- Tilly Wötzel portrayed small character of N in 1921 movie Leidendes Land.
- Tilly Feiner portrayed the leading character of Bärbel - Magd in 1922 flick Am Brunnen vor dem Tore.
Lists having Tilly
- Boys names beginning with T
- Girls names beginning with T
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2013)
- Baby Names that mean Mighty
- Baby Names that mean War
- Baby Names that mean Battle
- Baby Names that mean Strength
- Baby Names that mean Powerful
- Baby Names that mean Might
- Baby Names that mean Fight
- Baby Names that mean Possession
- Baby Names that mean Power
- Baby Names that mean Struggle