Vinny name meaning
What does Vinny mean?
Originated from Latin and Old French, Unwonted Vinny means "Conquering, Noble Friend or One Who Overcomes" which is primarily used in English and Italian is aimed at both genders. Vinny is shortened form of Calvin. Calvin is variant of French Chauve = Bald. Originated from Latin and Old French, Outlandish Calvin, Calvin means "Patronymic of a French Religious Reformer of the Xvith Century and The Little Bald One". Vinny is shortened form of Vincent. Vincent is variant form of Vincentz. Vincent's meaning is Victor and One Who Overcomes came from Latin. The name is celebrated on January 22 or September 27.
How do I pronounce Vinny?
Two syllabled Vinny is most commonly pronounced as v(in)-ny.
Variants of Vinny
Vincent, Vincentius, Vincentz, Bikendi, Enzo, Vincentmichael, Senius, Enzeo, Henry, MichaelNames that rhyme with Vinny
How popular is the name Vinny?
Vinny is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1948 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1964, it ranked 1700th when 54 boy were named Vinny. There are over 1028 babies that have been given the name Vinny in United States. Also, in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 500 names. In 2014, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 463 on boy names chart when 85 babies were given the name Vinny. There are over 826 babies that have been given the name Vinny in England and Wales.
Vinny is an uncommon baby name in France, even after 23 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 146 people have been named Vinny in France. Also, it appeared first time in 1995 on baby boy names list of Belgium. Vinny is a common name in Indonesia and India while somewhat familiar name in England, DR Congo, Ireland, Brazil, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, Kenya and Zambia. At least, 10000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Vinny in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Vinny
You are the inspirational voice that your friends and family admire and are proud of. Over-thinking kills. This is your motto. You seriously need to work on your self-confidence. You are well aware of your value. You always do it with a purpose, and that's to teach others what you've learned. You are pretty, smart and charismatic, you still doubt yourself. You want to become the change you want to see in the world and inspire people to do the same.
Do you like Vinny? Other names you would love
- Natasja - Prominent Natasja has its origin in Latin is particulary used in Swedish and Faroese and is given to baby girls, Natasja means "Born on Christmas or Born on Christmas"
- Faustine - Meaning of Faustine is Good Luck or Fortuné used for girls and of Latin origin is predominantly used in Danish, Finnish and Swedish
- Cesilie - Atypical Cesilie is used primarily in Danish and Swedish aimed at girls and originated from Latin, Cesilie means "Blind or Sixth"
- Petronilla - The rare girl name Petronilla is originated from Old Greek and Latin, Petronilla means "Rock, Stone or Female Version of Peter" is used primarily in English, Danish and Italian
- Agnolo is originated from Italian and Latin languages bestowed upon baby boys used prevalently in Italian, Agnolo means "A Heavenly Messenger or Angel"
Famous people named Vinny
- Vinny Vella, American actor, talk show host and comedian
- Vinny Codrington, cricket administrator and former rugby union player
- Vinny Cerrato, former Executive Vice President for Football Operations for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League and actor
- Vinny Paz, American former professional boxer
- Vinny Castilla, Mexican-born former Major League Baseball third baseman
- Vinny Testaverde, Testaverde Sr
- Vinny Appice, American rock drummer best
- Vinny Del Negro, American retired basketball player
- Vinny Golia, American composer and multi-instrumentalist specializing
- Vinny Samways, English former professional footballer and manager
- Vinny Maddalone, American professional boxer
- Vinny Arkins, retired Irish footballer
- Vinny Burns, English hard rock guitarist and producer, best
- Vinny Ciurciu, former American football linebacker
- Vinny Sullivan, Irish footballer
- Vinny Sutherland, former professional American football player
- Vinny Rottino, American former professional baseball utility player
- Vinny Faherty, Irish professional footballer
- Vinny Argiro in Bulworth as Actor
- Vinny Vella Jr. in Coffee and Cigarettes as Actor
- Vinny Pazienza in WrestleMania XV as
- Vinny Silva in San Andreas Quake as Stunts
- Vinny Parco in Just Another Pretty Face as
- Vinny Curran in Resolution as Actor
- Vinny Guadagnino in Vinnie Jersey Shore Guadagnino as
- Vinny Markus characterized the small role of Dom in 2007 comedy, horror flick The Gay Bed and Breakfast of Terror.
Lists having Vinny
- Boys names beginning with V
- Girls names beginning with V
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Conquering
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Friend
- Baby Names that mean One