Vincent name meaning
On This Page
What does Vincent mean?
Originated from Latin, Popular and Ceaseless Vincent means "Conquering, Prevailing, Victorious, The Winning, One Who Overcomes or Victor" and commonly is used for both genders is used in Dutch, Icelandic, Scandinavian, English, Finnish, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian and French.
Vincent is form of Vincentz. Vincentz is German equivalent of Vincentius. Also Vincent is Latin equivalent of Vincent. Vincent is celebrated on January 22 or September 27.
How do I pronounce Vincent?
Two syllabled Vincent is pronounced as v(i)-nce-nt. It can also be pronounced as vin-cent.
Variants of Vincent
Nicknames for Vincent
If you're looking for a nickname, there is a Plentitude that works with the baby name Vincent. Some of these are:
How popular is the name Vincent?
Vincent was a very popular name in United States. Over 342542 babies have been given the given name in 237 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1966, 6156 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 58th position.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 237 years but still performing better than most of the names. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 100 baby names an amazing 53 times Also, Vincent was a very popular name in France.
Over 232517 babies have been given the first name in 175 years. At its zenith in 1983, the moniker grabbed the 6th spot and 7126 baby boys were given the name.
However after 175 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 10 baby names 3 times Also, a popular name in Sweden with over 7625 new-borns have been given the name since 1998.
At the peak of its usage in 2014, the moniker grabbed the 8th spot and 662 baby boys were given the name. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 10 baby names 2 times
Vincent is a common name in England and Wales given to over 5216 babies in 23 years.
At present the name is rising, in 2015, 387 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 145th position. Also, In Ireland, Vincent was once a common name since emerging in 1964 it has been given to over 3927 babies.
At the peak of its usage in 1964,. However after 56 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, Vincent used to be a common name in Switzerland, first appeared in 1998 and over 1770 babies have been given the name in 21 years.
At the peak of its usage in 2016,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 21 years. Also, Vincent was a common name in Belgium. Over 3475 babies have been named Vincent since 1995.
When at its peak in 1995,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 24 years.
Vincent is a familiar baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 300 names.
In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 219 on boy names chart when 73 babies were given the name Vincent. Over 324 people have been named Vincent in Netherlands.
Also, in New South Wales, in just 6 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. In 1952, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 94 on boy names chart when 97 babies were given the name Vincent.
Over 430 people have been named Vincent in New South Wales. Also, in Queensland, in just 5 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. Recently in 2019, 97 babies were given Vincent and it reached its peak ranking, 59 on boy names chart.
There are over 361 babies that have been given the name Vincent in Queensland. Also, in Victoria, in just 1 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. Recently in 2019, 87 babies were given Vincent and it reached its peak ranking, 93 on boy names chart.
Vincent is a rare baby name in Victoria where it is still in use. However things change on global perspective, Vincent is extremely popular in Kenya where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in Nigeria.
Also the baby name is popular in Uganda, DR Congo, Philippines, Malawi, South Africa, Rwanda, Zambia, England, Ghana, Cameroon, Chad, Canada, Malaysia, Burundi, Benin, Central African Republic, India, Slovakia, Madagascar, Papua New Guinea, Jamaica, Congo, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Sudan, Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, Australia, Togo and Ethiopia.
According to our evaluation, at least 1790000 people have been bestowed Vincent around the globe.
Vincent in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Vincent
You can go from aggressive to passive in no time and the other way around. You are an attractive person with an impressive character and formed life values. Don't live to work. Work to live. Your imagination has no limits. Having number 1 as your personality no represents your determination, strong will to change the world and ambition. Injustice makes you go crazy. It's time you give adventure and spontaneity a chance.
You would love these names similar to Vincent
- Cécile - Used especially in Danish, Finnish and French, Cécile means "Blind or Indication of the Gender of Caecilier" and originated from Latin is a baby girl name
- Julietta - Julietta's meaning is Dedicated to Jupiter or Illustrious Roman Family used for girls has its origin in Latin is mainly used in Swedish and English
- Karinah - Karinah's meaning is Cute, Pretty and Dear is a girl name. It is rooted from Italian, Old Greek and Latin is used dominantly in English. Karinah is resultant of Karina.
- Cäcilius means Inspired By the Ancient Roman Family of Caecilier is of Latin origin
- Laëlle - Of Latin origin, Laëlle means "Key or Closing"
Famous people named Vincent
- Vincent Alsop, English Nonconformist clergyman
- Vincent of Lérins, Gallic monk and author of early Christian writings
- Vincent Voiture, son of a rich wine merchant of Amiens
- Vincent Novello, English musician, son of an Italian
- Vincent M. Battle, United States ambassador to Lebanon
- Vincent Siew, Taiwanese politician
- Vincent d'Indy, French composer and teacher
- Vincent de Paul, French Catholic priest
- Vincent Persichetti, American composer, teacher, and pianist
- Vincent P. Bryan, American composer and lyricist
- Vincent of Saragossa, deacon of the Church of Saragossa
- Vincent Pallotti, Italian ecclesiastic and a saint
- Vincent Ford, Jamaican songwriter best
- Vincent M. Brennan, politician from the U.S. state of Michigan
- Vincent Raven, English railway engineer
- Vincent Ferrer, Valencian Dominican friar
- Vincent Lindon, French actor and filmmaker
- Vincent T. DeVita, Vincent Theodore DeVita Jr
- Vincent Browne, Irish sculptor
- Vincent DeSimone, Vincent J. DeSimone, Jr
- Vincent Hallinan, American lawyer and a candidate for President of the United States for the Progressive Party
- Vincent Peillon, was Minister for Education
- Vincent Ebrahim, South African actor and comedian of mixed ethnicity
- Vincent Wilkie, German electronic singer-songwriter and webdesigner of British descent
- Vincent Marcone, Canadian web designer, illustrator, film director
- Vincent Bourne, English classical scholar and Neo-Latin poet
- Vincent Leibell, former politician from Putnam County, New York
- Vincent Loney, British athlete and member of the Birchfield Harriers athletics club
- Vincent Eri, fifth Governor General of Papua New Guinea
- Vincent Miceli, Catholic priest, theologian, and philosopher
- Vincent Lingiari, member of the Gurindji people
- Vincent Maher, Chief Innovation Officer at Kagiso Media
- Vincent Floissac, Saint Lucian jurist and politician
- Vincent O'Brien, Irish race horse trainer
- Vincent Lübeck, German composer and organist
- Vincent Bertollini, American anti-semite and white supremacist
- Vincent Castellanos, American actor
- Vincent A. Mahler, professor of Political Science at Loyola University Chicago
- Vincent Rose, Italian-born American violinist, pianist, composer
- Vincent de Paul Nyonda, Gabonese playwright and Minister
- Vincent J. Cardinal, graduate of Yale School of Drama
- Vincent I. Breen, Roman Catholic priest of the United States dioceses of San Francisco and Oakland
- Vincent F. Hendricks, Danish philosopher and logician
- Vincent Rijmen, Belgian cryptographer and one of the two designers of the Rijndael
- Vincent du Vigneaud, American biochemist
- Vincent Descombes, French philosopher
- Vincent Nichols, English cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church
- Vincent Sarich, American anthropologist
- Vincent Bochdalek, Bohemian anatomist and pathologist
- Vincent Schaefer, American chemist and meteorologist
- Vincent van Gogh, (; American dictionaries list
- Vincent Ward, New Zealand film director, screenwriter and artist
- Vincent R. Impellitteri, American politician and judge
- Vincent Price, Vincent Leonard Price Jr
- Vincent Schiavelli, American character actor and food writer noted for his work on stage
- Vincent Gigante, New York Italian-American mobster
- Vincent Gallo, American actor, director, model
Lists having Vincent
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with V
- Girls names beginning with V
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Dutch Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in United States (1994)
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (1989)
- Popular Boy Names in France (2006)
- Popular Boy Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (2003)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Sweden (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Conquering
- Baby Names that mean Victorious
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Victor