Henry name meaning
On This Page
What does Henry mean?
Meaning of Henry is Ruler of the Enclosure, House Owner or Lord of the Manor has origin in English, Germanic and Old High German notably used in Finnish, Greenlandic, Tamil, Danish, Gujarati, Swedish, Icelandic, Norwegian and English is used as a unisex name.
Henry is English form of Heinrich. The name is celebrated on July 13th.
Henry's impression as a baby name
Henry is a popular name for baby boys that has remained in vogue for centuries. It exudes a timeless charm and sophistication, making it a classic choice.
One of the reasons why parents love this name is its versatility; it easily blends with different surnames, creating unique and memorable combinations. Another appealing aspect of the name Henry is its regal connotation; many famous kings and emperors bore this name, adding to its historical significance.
With its strong and commanding sound, Henry also evokes images of power, intelligence, and strength - qualities that every parent wants their child to possess. Overall, Henry is an ideal choice for parents who want a timeless yet powerful name for their baby boy.
How do I pronounce Henry?
The proper pronunciation of two syllabled Henry is hen-ree.
Variants of Henry
Nicknames for Henry
The name Henry has ton of nicknames like:
How popular is the name Henry?
Henry is an extremely popular in United States where over 694163 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. The name is current favorite of the parents, in 1881, it ranked 8th when 11413 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 10 baby names 23 times Also, Henry was among the popular names in England and Wales. Since emerging in 1996 around 48911 babies have been given the given name.
When at the peak of its usage in 2015, it ranked 13rd when 3581 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still performing better than most of the names.
Additionally, the first name has been in the top 50 baby names 15 times
Henry is common in France where over 11567 new-borns have been given the name since 1900.
At present the moniker is on a rise, in 1918, it ranked 104th when 225 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, Henry is a common name in Switzerland given to over 856 babies in 21 years.
At its zenith in 2017, the moniker grabbed the 74th spot and 107 baby boys were given the name. Also, Henry is common in Sweden where over 1755 new-borns have been given the name since 2012.
Recently peaking at the charts, it ranked 47th when 315 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, Henry is common in New South Wales where over 5161 new-borns have been given the name since 1993.
Currently peaked at the charts, the moniker grabbed the 5th spot and 405 baby boys were given the name. Also, A common name in Queensland having over 3044 recievers in 20 years of usage.
Currently the name is hotter than ever, 301 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 5th position. Also, Henry used to be a common name in Western Australia, first appeared in 2019 and over 134 babies have been given the name in 1 years.
At the peak of its usage in 2019,. After 1 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 50 baby names 1 times Also, A common name in Victoria with over 2868 new-borns have been given the name since 2008.
Currently the name is rising, in 2018, 340 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 6th position. Moreover, the name has been to the top 10 baby names 3 times
Henry is a familiar baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 100 names.
In 1964, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 60 on boy names chart when 94 babies were given the name Henry. There are over 2346 babies that have been given the name Henry in Ireland.
Henry is a unique baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 400 names. Recently in 2017, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 318 on boy names chart when 36 babies were named Henry.
There are over 474 babies that have been given the name Henry in Belgium.
Henry is an uncommon baby name in Northern Territory still in use today. Henry is a rare baby name in Western Australia still in use today.
Over 134 people have been named Henry in Western Australia. However things change on global perspective, Henry is extremely popular in Nigeria where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Philippines, Uganda and Colombia.
Also the baby name is popular in Ghana, Venezuela, Kenya, England, Malawi, South Africa, Peru, Zambia, Canada, Tanzania, Germany, Ecuador, DR Congo, Guatemala, Sierra Leone, Indonesia, Sudan, Dominican Republic, Cameroon, Honduras, Liberia, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, Zimbabwe, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Rwanda, Jamaica, Bolivia, Scotland, Australia, El Salvador, Mexico, Haiti, Brazil, Burundi and Chile.
As per our research, over 1990000 people has been named Henry globally.
Henry in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Henry?
Your friends are like addicted to you, but your family isn't very happy with how you live your life cause you are restless. Let go of your past before it ruins your future because your future is bright. Expressing your emotions is what you are good at. You are deeply related to the 5 senses. You can hardly resist a temptation, a trait which affects your relationships in a negative way. You watch your mouth and think twice before you say something.
Other names similar to Henry, for soon-to-be-parents
- Mack - Renowned and Conifer Mack is originated from Scottish and Latin, Mack means "Son" used for both boys and girls is used substantially in Scandinavian and English. In 1968, well-liked name Mack managed to bag 499th position among baby boy names in United States
- Harry - Used in Telugu, Greenlandic and Danish long standing and admired, Harry came from Old High German and Germanic and is used for both genders, Harry means "Homeland, Henry or Army Man"
- Warren - Renowned and Perpetual Warren is originated from Latin and Old French is used as a gender insensitive name, Warren means "Guardian or Game Reserve" is dominantly used in English
- Ariel - Well-Liked and All time favorite unisex name Ariel means "Lion of God" which is used chiefly in Swedish and English is originated from Hebrew language
- David means Dearly Loved, Courageous Hero who Killed Goliath King of Israel or Beloved used for both sexes. Its origin is in Hebrew is used particulary in Norwegian and Spanish
Sibling Names for Henry
Naming a baby is a special and exciting task for all new parents. If you have chosen “Henry” as your little one’s name, then you may be looking for sibling names that compliment it. Here are some suggestions to help you find the perfect match!
For a sister
Brother to Henry
Famous people named Henry
- Henry Mayhew, English social researcher, journalist
- Henry Ainsworth, English Nonconformist clergyman and scholar
- Henry Home, Lord Kames, Scottish advocate, judge, philosopher
- Henry Purcell, English composer
- Henry Barnes, American traffic engineer and commissioner
- Henry Rich, 1st Earl of Holland, English courtier, peer and soldier
- Henry Aldrich, English theologian, philosopher, and composer
- Henry Martyn Baird, American historian and educationalist
- Henry Liddell, Lewis Carroll wrote 'Alice's Adventures
- Henry Balnaves, Scottish politician, Lord Justice Clerk
- Henry I of Navarre, was King of Navarre and Count of Champagne and Brie
- Henry II of Navarre, King of Navarre from 1517
- Henry of Flanders, second emperor of the Latin Empire of Constantinople
- Henry John Temple, 3rd Viscount Palmerston, British statesman
- Henry Barrowe, English Separatist Puritan, executed for his views
- Henry X, Duke of Bavaria, a member of the House of Welf
- Henry Pelham, British Whig statesman
- Henry Spencer, Canadian computer programmer and space enthusiast
- Henry Cockburn, Lord Cockburn, Scottish lawyer, judge and literary figure
- Henry Creamer, Black American popular song lyricist
- Henry Wood, English conductor best
- Henry Bird, English chess player
- Henry Reed, British poet, translator, radio dramatist
- Henry Campbell-Bannerman, British statesman and Liberal Party politician
- Henry Lawes, English musician and composer
- Henry Longueville Mansel, English philosopher and ecclesiastic
- Henry Nettleship, English classical scholar
- Henry Liddon, English theologian
- Henry Ford, early New Orleans jazz string bass player
- Henry Boehm, Rev
- Henry Hallam, English historian
- Henry Mackenzie, Scottish lawyer, novelist and writer
- Henry Austin Dobson, English poet and essayist
- Henry Heerup, painter and sculptor born in Frederiksberg
- Henry Fynes Clinton, English classical scholar
- Henry Moseley, English physicist
- Henry David Thoreau, American essayist, poet, philosopher, abolitionist, naturalist, tax resister
- Henry John Stephen Smith, mathematician and amateur astronomer remembered for his work
- Henry Benedict Stuart, Roman Catholic cardinal, as well as the fourth and final Jacobite heir to claim the thrones of England
- Henry Beaufort, English prelate and statesman
- Henry Cavendish, English natural philosopher, scientist
- Henry Norris Russell, American astronomer who
- Henry Baker, English naturalist
- Henry Phillpotts, Anglican Bishop of Exeter from 1830 to 1869
- Henry Walter Bates, English naturalist and explorer
- Henry Eyring, Mexican-born American theoretical chemist whose primary contribution was
- Henry Sidgwick, English utilitarian philosopher and economist
- Henry Briggs, English mathematician notable for changing the original logarithms invented by John Napier into common logarithms
- Henry Edward Manning, English Cardinal of the Roman Catholic church
- Henry Kater, British physicist of German descent
- Henry Ford, American captain of industry and a business magnate
- Henry Bordeaux, French writer and lawyer
- Henry Fielding, English novelist and dramatist
- Henry Kissinger, American elder statesman, political scientist
- Henry Rollins, American musician, actor, writer
- Henry J. Heinz, German-American entrepreneur
- Henry the Fowler, duke of Saxony from 912 and the elected king of East Francia
- Henry I of England,
- Henry VII of England, King of England and Lord of Ireland
- Henry VIII of England, was King of England from 1509 until his death
- Henry Bruce, 1st Baron Aberdare, British Liberal Party politician
- Henry Middleton, planter and public official from South Carolina
- Henry Laurens, American merchant, slave trader
- Henry Chadwick, English-born American sportswriter
- Henry Dunant, Swiss businessman and social activist
Lists having Henry
- Boys names beginning with H
- Girls names beginning with H
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Northern Territory (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Boy Names in Sweden (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Ruler
- Baby Names that mean Enclosure
- Baby Names that mean Estate
- Baby Names that mean House
- Baby Names that mean Owner
- Baby Names that mean Lord
- Baby Names that mean Manor
- Baby Names that mean Home
- Baby Names that mean Homeland
- Baby Names that mean Rich
- Baby Names that mean Powerful
- Baby Names that mean Power
- Baby Names that mean King