Vivian meaning and origin
Vivian's meaning is Alive or Lively used for both sexes that originated from Latin and Etrusk is principally used in Danish, Icelandic, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, English and Greenlandic. Vivian is version of eternal and outstanding Vivien. Vivien is a variation of darling and evergreen Vivian. Vivien is form of Vivian in French language. Also Vivien is form of Vivian in English language. Celebrated and Conifer Vivien's origin is Celtic and Etrusk, meaning of Vivien is "Vivid and Variant of Vivian the Lady of the Lake". Vivian is form of Viviane in English language. Vivian is celebrated on March 10th.
Variants of VivianNames that rhyme with Vivian
Popularity of Vivian
Vivian was a popular name in United States. Over 210358 babies have been given the first name in 258 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1920, 4128 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 64th position. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 258 years. Additionally, the name has been in the top 100 baby names 29 times Vivian is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1931 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 1955, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 289 on boy names chart when 63 babies were given the name Vivian. There are over 1988 babies that have been given the name Vivian in France.
Vivian is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 1000 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 909 on girl names chart when 40 babies were named Vivian. There are over 459 babies that have been given the name Vivian in England and Wales. Also, in Netherlands, in just 1 years, it has made it to the top 500 names. Recently in 2019, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 476 on girl names chart when 27 babies were named Vivian.
Vivian is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, even after 46 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 200. Over 355 people have been named Vivian in Ireland. Vivian is a rare baby name in Netherlands still in use today. However things change on global perspective, Vivian is extremely popular in Nigeria where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in Kenya. Also the baby name is popular in Philippines, Brazil, Ghana, Cuba, Egypt, South Africa, Canada, Cameroon, Tanzania, Zambia, England, Guatemala, Sudan, Malaysia, Uganda, China and Liberia. As per our findings, over 880000 babies have been bestowed Vivian around the globe.
Vivian in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Vivian
If number 1 is your soul urge no, it means you should be more independent. If someone surprises you in a positive way, that's fine. But it will take long until they earn your trust and full respect. Competing with people won't bring you much but, compete with yourself will make you better than you were yesterday. You never get involved with people who appreciate you less than you deserve, no matter if it's about work, relationships, or friendships.
Do you like Vivian? Other names you would love
- Alida - Particulary used in Finnish and Dutch durable and celebrated, Alida has origin in Latin, Old High German and Germanic, a baby girl name, meaning of Alida is "The Element Alaida Which Means Little Winged Girl, Of a Noble Kind or Noble"
- Julia - Julia's meaning is Dedicated to Jupiter, Soft Haired or Soft Bearded used for both boys and girls which is used in Greenlandic and Norwegian has its origin in Latin
- Crispina - Commonly used in Danish, Swedish and Italian rarefied, Crispina means "Curly Haired or Curly-Headed". Its origin is in Latin is a baby girl name
- Fransezig - Used in Breton, Fransezig came from Latin, Fransezig means "Free Condition"
- Carmin - Unexpected Carmin is used mostly in Sanskrit has its origin in Hebrew-Latin is a unisex name, Carmin means "Covered with Hides"
Namesakes of Vivian
- Vivian de Sola Pinto, British poet, literary critic and historian
- Vivian Mercier, Irish literary critic
- Vivian Solon, Australian
- Vivian Malone Jones, was one of the first two black students to enroll at the University of Alabama
- Vivian Paley, American pre-school and kindergarten teacher and early childhood education researcher
- Vivian Bendall, British Conservative politician and estate agent
- Vivian Ridler, printer, typographer and scholar in Britain
- Vivian Chukwuemeka, Nigerian shot putter and two-time Olympian
- Vivian H. H. Green, Fellow and Rector of Lincoln College, Oxford, a priest
- Vivian Sørmeland, came 3rd in season 4 of Idol in May 2006
- Vivian Ellis, English musical comedy composer best
- Vivian Sobchack, American cinema and media theorist and cultural critic
- Vivian Matalon, British theatre director
- Vivian Van Damm, prominent London theatre impresario
- Vivian Walsh, English-born New Zealand engineer
- Vivian Carter, founder of Vee-Jay Records with her future husband
- Vivian Della Chiesa, American lyric soprano
- Vivian Berkeley, Canadian Blind Lawn Bowler and 1996 Paralympic Silver Medalist
- Vivian Beaumont Allen, American actress, philanthropist, and heiress
- Vivian Dykes, British civil servant and officer of the Royal Engineers
- Vivian G. Harsh, American librarian
- Vivian Simpson, politician in Northern Ireland
- Vivian Stanshall, Stanshall was born on 21 March 1943 at the Radcliffe Maternity Home Shillingford
- Vivian Fuchs, English explorer whose expeditionary team completed the first overland crossing of Antarctica
- Vivian Vance, American television and theater actress and singer
- Vivian Woodward, English amateur football player
- Vivian Hsu, Taiwanese singer and actress
- Vivian Vande Velde, American writer of fiction for children and young adults
- Vivian Bullwinkel, Australian Army nurse during the Second World War
- Vivian Campbell, Northern Irish rock guitarist
- Vivian Harris, Guyanese professional boxer
- Vivian Green, American R&B singer-songwriter and pianist
- Vivian Wu, Chinese actress, known for her roles
- Vivian Chow, Hong Kong-based Cantopop singer-songwriter and actress
- Vivian Smith, Australian poet
- Vivian Fine, American composer
- Vivian MacKerrell, British actor of the 1960s and 1970s
- Vivian Blaine, American actress and singer, best
- Vivian Vachon, professional wrestler
- Vivian Barbot, Canadian teacher, activist, and politician
- Vivian Kubrick, American-born filmmaker and composer,
- Vivian Urdaneta, journalist and beauty queen from Venezuela
- Vivian McGrath, Australian tennis champion of the 1930s
- Vivian Martin, American stage and silent film actress
- Vivian E. Cook, represents District 32
- Vivian Rich, American silent film actress
- Vivian Nixon, dancer and an actress
- Vivian Gornick, American critic, journalist, essayist
- Vivian Chase, Midwestern gangster of the 1920s and 1930s
- Vivian Duncan in Great Ladies in Theatre Tribute as
- Vivian Chan in Lu ding ji II: Zhi shen long jiao as Actress
- Vivian Kalinov in A Beautiful Mind as Actress
- Vivian Hanjohr in Erscheinen Pflicht as Actress
- Viviana Ossa in El Comienzo as Actress
- Viviane Araujo in Episode #1.1 as Actress
- Vivianne Antonios in Bab el shams as Actress
- Viviana Rodríguez in Gente decente as Actress
- Vivian Austin acted in movie Philo Vance's Gamble
- Vivian Baron, from 1928 mystery flick The Passing of Mr. Quin, who played Derek Cappel.
- In 1929, Vivian Bay portrayed the role of Phyliss Gordon in action and adventure movie Code of the West.
- In 1915, Vivian Blackburn portrayed the role of Mrs. Jim Wellington in comedy film Excuse Me.
- In 1967, Vivian Del Rio portrayed the role of Go go dancer in horror, thriller flick The Touch of Her Flesh.
- In 1980 thriller film, Attentatet, Vivian Falk played N.
- In 1961 family movie, The Missing Note, Vivian Lacey played Suzie.
- In 1994, Vivian Lai characterized the role of Yan in comedy and crime movie San gai bin fung wong.
- Vivian Lanco portrayed central role of Anna Weeb in 1996 film Joseph Potts.
- Vivian Lanko, from 1988 horror, sci-fi flick Rejuvenatrix, who played Elizabeth Warren and The Monster.
- In 1961 action and crime movie, The Young Savages, Vivian Nathan portrayed Mrs. Escalante.
- In 1971 comedy and drama flick, Harold and Maude, Vivian Pickles played Mrs. Chasen.
- In 1914, Vivian Reed portrayed the role of Aneth Consinor in adventure and drama flick The Last Egyptian.
- In 2013 drama film, Bendor, Vivian Velez played N.
- Vivian Winston characterized the main role of Polly Dorman in 1927 western flick Land of the Lawless.
- In 2002, Vivian Lok characterized the role of N in crime, drama movie Wong Gok boon sok siu lui.
- In 2019, Vivian Metchie characterized the role of Mama Peace in drama movie Last Days.
Lists having Vivian
- Boys names beginning with V
- Girls names beginning with V
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Boy names that ends with -ian
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Alive
- Baby Names that mean Lively