Alessio name meaning
On This Page
What does Alessio mean?
Alessio means The Defender, Protect and Man or Manly is originated from Old Greek and is used principally in Italian is used for boys. Alessio is version of pleasing and all time favorite Alexander.
Alexander is Latin equivalent of The Greek Name Αλεξανδρος. Of Old Greek and Hungarian origin, Well-Known Alexander, Alexander means "Helper and Defender of Mankind, He Who Wards Off (Other) Men and Protector".
Alessio is variant of well-known and conifer Alexis. Alexis is diminutive of names with "Alex". Alexis is Greek cognate of Αλεξιος. Originated from Old Greek, Famed Alexis, Alexis means "Helper and The Word Alexein Which is of the Meaning to Ward Off to Defend".
Alessio is version of desirable Alessandro. Alessandro is Italian form of Alexander. Also Alessandro is English and Italian form of Alexander. Origin of Renowned Alessandro is in Old Greek, meaning of Alessandro is "Defender of Men and Defender of Men"..
The name is celebrated on April 22nd.
How do I pronounce Alessio?
Four syllabled Alessio is most commonly pronounced as a-le-ssio. Some people pronounce it as ah-less-ee-oh.
Variants of AlessioNames that rhyme with Alessio
How popular is the name Alessio?
a popular name in France with over 4413 new-borns have been given the name since 1962. Currently at its peak, 530 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 136th position.
Moreover, the first name has been to the top 500 baby names 14 times Also, Alessio was a popular name in Italy. Over 66587 babies have been given the name in 20 years.
When at its peak in 1999, it ranked 14th when 4531 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. However after 20 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still performing better than most of the names.
In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 20 times
A common name in Switzerland with over 3124 new-borns have been given the name since 1998.
At present the moniker is on a rise, in 2016, the moniker grabbed the 20th spot and 208 baby boys were given the name. Also, Alessio used to be a common name in Belgium, first appeared in 1995 and over 2745 babies have been given the name in 24 years.
When at the peak of its usage in 2011,. However after 24 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong.
Alessio is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1922 and was able to reach the top 2000 names.
Recently in 2018, it ranked 1631st when 99 boy were named Alessio. Over 1118 babies in United States have been named Alessio. The name is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 800 names.
Recently in 2017, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 743 on boy names chart when 46 babies were named Alessio. There are over 533 babies that have been given the name Alessio in England and Wales.
Alessio is an uncommon baby name in Ireland still in use today. Alessio is a common name in Brazil while somewhat familiar name in Spain, England, Argentina, Germany, Poland, Dominican Republic, Mexico and Netherlands.
According to our research, over 70000 babies have been named Alessio globally.
Alessio in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Alessio?
You are efficient, dynamic, and always look at the big picture instead of collecting the small pieces and wonder where they fit. You are always excited about new beginnings, challenges, unexpected problems and complex situations that require thinking outside the box and finding a creative solution. They want to be adored and loved by others. Although it's all sunshine and rainbow for you now, remember that angry and frustrated people are still out there, capable of hurting you.
Other names similar to Alessio
- Domiziano - Used commonly in Italian, Domiziano is originated from Latin, Domiziano means "Tamed" is aimed at boys
- Alfonsina - Uncommon girl name Alfonsina has origin in Gothic, chiefly used in Italian language, Alfonsina means "Adal Meaning Noble Honorable or Noble"
- Giovan - Anomalous Hebrew Giovan is used chiefly in Italian, meaning of Giovan is "God is Merciful" is given to boys
- Ersilia - Ersilia's meaning is To Urge, Incite, Encourage is originated from Latin and Etrusk used notably in Italian is a baby girl name. Ersilia is resulted from Hersilia.
- Sicily means From the Island is a unisex name is rooted from Italian
Sibling Names for Alessio
If you're considering naming your newborn "Alessio," you might be looking for name ideas that complement it. Look no further than this list of sibling names that go well with the Italian name, Alessio. Whether you're looking for traditional or unique names, there's something on this list for everyone!
Sister to Alessio
Brother to Alessio
Famous people named Alessio
- Alessio Morosin, Italian lawyer and politician
- Alessio Tramello, Italian Renaissance architect
- Alessio Bolognani, Italian ski jumper who has competed since 2002
- Alessio Perilli, Italian motorcycle road racer
- Alessio Tacchinardi, Italian football manager and former footballer
- Alessio Cerci, Italian professional footballer
- Alessio Sarti, Italian footballer
- Alessio Sakara, Italian professional mixed martial artist
- Alessio Boggiatto, former Italian medley swimmer
- Alessio di Mauro, former professional tennis player from Italy
- Alessio Ascalesi, Italian Cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church and Archbishop of Naples
- Alessio Furlan, Italian professional boxer
- Alessio Scarpi, Italian football goalkeeper
- Alessio Orano in La moglie più bella as Actor
- Alessio Jim Della Valle in Requiem for a Dream as Director
- Alessio Boni in The Tourist as Actor
- Alessio Cragno is an Italian footballer.
- Actor Alessio Barchiesi, notable for tvMiniSeries Il grande fuoco
- In 2013, Alessio Di Clemente characterized the role of Brai in comedy and drama flick L'arbitro.
- Alessio Minucci characterized central character of N In drama film Simon.
Lists having Alessio
- Boy names beginning with A
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Greek Boy Names
- Italian Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Ale
- Popular Boy Names in Italy (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Defender
- Baby Names that mean Protect
- Baby Names that mean Man
- Baby Names that mean Manly