Alexa meaning and origin
Of Old Greek origin, Renowned Alexa bestowed upon both genders, Alexa means "Defender of Men, He Who Wards Off (Other) Men, Repel, Protect or Protector" is used mainly in Icelandic, Finnish, German, English, Danish, Swedish and Norwegian. Alexa is form of imperishable and commonly accepted Alex. Alex is form of Names Beginning with Alex-. Also Alex is version of Aleks-. Alex is short of AlexanderAlexander. Widely Accepted Old Greek Alex, meaning of Alex is "Manly and Form of Alexander". Alexa is diminutive of Alexandra. Alexandra is feminine form of Alexander. Originated from Old Greek, Famed Alexandra, meaning of Alexandra is "Man's Defender and Feminine of Alexander". Alexa is form of Alexis in English language. It is celebrated on on February 17.
Variants of AlexaNames that rhyme with Alexa
Popularity of Alexa
a very popular name in United States having over 126072 recievers in 120 years of usage. At its zenith in 2015, the moniker grabbed the 32nd spot and 6110 baby girls were given the name. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 50 baby names 7 times Alexa used to be a common name in England and Wales, first appeared in 1996 and over 4071 babies have been given the name in 23 years. At the peak of its usage in 2011,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years but it is still going strong. Also, Alexa used to be a common name in France, first appeared in 1967 and over 2037 babies have been given the name in 52 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1971,. However after 52 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts.
In Ireland, Alexa is a unique name where it has been in use since 2006 and has secured the place in top 200 names. Recently in 2016, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 181 on girl names chart when 29 babies were named Alexa. Over 221 people have been named Alexa in Ireland. Alexa is an uncommon baby name in Switzerland, even after 21 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 400. Over 301 people have been named Alexa in Switzerland. In Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and achieved its top ranking of 660 in 2011. There are over 153 babies that have been given the name Alexa in Belgium.
Alexa is a common name in Germany, England, Canada, Russia, Uzbekistan, Colombia, Philippines and Mexico while somewhat familiar name in Venezuela, Romania, Costa Rica, Hungary, Brazil, South Africa, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Spain, Chile, Nicaragua, Ecuador, Poland, Netherlands, Belarus, Scotland, Portugal, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Guatemala, Australia, Peru, New Zealand, Panama, Saudi Arabia and Italy. As per our estimate, over 130000 people has been named Alexa globally.
Alexa in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Alexa
As every person has its flaws, you are not an exception. You are a good listener but the advice you give is taken by a pinch of salt by others. Do what your heart tells you to do. Otherwise, you will end up unhappy. Good things don't just fall from the sky. You have to earn them. You know this. You know you have the power and will to accomplish whatever you imagine on your own. Our advice to you "Fake it until you make it."
Do you like Alexa? Read these names too
- Kleopha - Girl name Kleopha is originated from Old Greek used primarily in Greek and German languages, Kleopha means "Glory of the Father, Fame or To Promote Days"
- Leviticus - Leviticus's meaning is Of the Levites is rooted from Old Greek is used as a baby boy name
- Evangelos - Odd unisex name Evangelos is notably used in Greek and is rooted from Old Greek, meaning of Evangelos is "The Elements Euangelion Meaning Gospel Good News or Good Messenger"
- Mirtel - Mirtel's meaning is Myrtos has origin in Old Greek and English, a girl name is used prevalently in Swedish and Finnish
- Callysta - Unfamiliar girl name Callysta means "Most Beautiful" has its origin in Old Greek language. Callysta is derivation of Callisto.
Namesakes of Alexa
- Alexa Loo, Canadian snowboarder of Chinese descent
- Alexa Hunt,
- Alexa McDonough, Canadian politician
- Alexa Vega, American actress and singer
- Alexa Havins, American actress
- Alexa Nikolas, American former actress
- Alexa Ray Joel, American singer, songwriter, and pianist
- Alexa Davalos, French-American actress
- Alexa Chung, British writer, television presenter, model
- Alexa Stirling, American-Canadian amateur golfer
- Alexa Glatch, American professional tennis player
- Alexa Kenin, American actress known for her supporting roles
- Alexandra Denman in James Dean: Forever Young as Producer
- Alexandria Jo'Nel in Bolden! as Actress
- Alexandra Gurskaya in Mauj Mastiyan (Taste of Love) as Actress
- Alexandra Glazer in What's Love Got to Do with It as Actress
- Alexandra Metaxa in The Buskers & Lou as Actress
- Alexa Jimenez in Bullied to Death as Actress
- Alexandra Bokova in Mermaid Down as Actress
- Alexandra Avrami in Untitled HBO/Rock 'N' Roll Project as Actress
- Alexandra Moore in Brave New World as Actress
- Alexa Demara is a model, American.
- Alexa Damián in movie La última mirada as Actress
- In 1930 drama flick, Brand in der Oper, Alexa Engström characterized Floriane Bach.
- Alexa Lambert, from 1990 comedy flick In a Pig's Eye, who portrayed Rosemary.
- In 2003 action and adventure flick, Spy Kids 3: Game Over, Alexa PenaVega played Carmen Cortez.
- Alexa Castillo, from 2003 action flick El cara de chango, who played the N.
- Alexa Servodidio portrayed main role of Erin Joyce in 2010 comedy and drama movie The Art of Women.
- In 2011, Alexa Brown played the role of Lydia Brass in drama, romance film The Silver Goat.
Lists having Alexa
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Alex
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Defender
- Baby Names that mean Men
- Baby Names that mean Wards
- Baby Names that mean Protect
- Baby Names that mean Protector