Alicia meaning and origin
Durable and Admired Alicia is used dominantly in Danish, Swedish, Spanish, English, Latinized, Norwegian and Finnish is a gender insensitive name, Alicia means "Of a Noble Kind or German Origin and Means " has origin in Germanic and Old High German. Alicia is Irish and Spanish cognate of Alice. Alicia is celebrated on December 16.
Variants of Alicia
View middle names that goes with Alicia like Isabelle, Mallory, Desiree, Janel, Kamryn, Chia,Names that rhyme with Alicia
Popularity of Alicia
Alicia was a very popular name in United States. Over 226286 babies have been given the first name in 186 years. At the peak of its usage in 1984, the moniker grabbed the 40th spot and 7819 baby girls were given the name. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 186 years but still performing better than most of the names. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 9 times Also, Alicia is a popular name in England and Wales given to over 12503 babies in 23 years. Recently the name is rising, in 2004, it ranked 60th when 938 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 100 baby names 13 times Also, Alicia was among the popular names in France. Since emerging in 1900 around 48527 babies have been given the given name. At the peak of its usage in 2005, 2038 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 36th position. However after 115 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still dominating the charts. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 50 baby names 19 times Also, Alicia was a popular name in Spain. Over 16668 babies have been named Alicia since 2002. At the peak of its usage in 2004, the moniker grabbed the 27th spot and 1297 baby girls were given the name. However after 15 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still going strong on charts. Additionally, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 15 times Also, Alicia is a popular in Sweden where over 5279 new-borns have been given the name since 1998. At the peak of its usage in 2017, it ranked 2nd when 675 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 5 baby names 1 times
Alicia is common in Switzerland where over 2163 new-borns have been given the name since 1998. When at its peak in 2003, the moniker grabbed the 37th spot and 136 baby girls were given the name. Also, Alicia is a common name in Belgium given to over 3753 babies in 24 years. At the peak of its usage in 1997, 214 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 38th position. Also, In New South Wales, Alicia was once a common name since emerging in 1977 it has been given to over 3510 babies. At its zenith in 1983,. After 30 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Alicia is a familiar baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 100 names. In 2005, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 88 on girl names chart when 75 babies were given the name Alicia. Over 1224 people have been named Alicia in Ireland. Also, in Netherlands, in just 5 years, it has made it to the top 300 names. Recently in 2018, 63 babies were given Alicia and it reached its peak ranking, 216 on girl names chart. There are over 299 babies that have been given the name Alicia in Netherlands. Also, in Queensland, the name had been in use for 28 years beginning from 1977 and had secured the place in top 100 names. In 1985, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 49 on girl names chart when 80 babies were given the name Alicia. Over 950 babies in Queensland have been named Alicia. Also, during its short run of just 2 years in Victoria, it had made it to the top 100 names. In 2008, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 78 on girl names chart when 66 babies were given the name Alicia. There are over 119 babies that have been given the name Alicia in Victoria.
Alicia is a rare baby name in Northern Territory and may not be used now. And also in Victoria. Over 119 people have been named Alicia in Victoria. However things change on global perspective, Alicia is extremely popular in Mexico where every 1 in 400 have the name as well as in, Argentina and Philippines. Also the baby name is popular in Colombia, Peru, Chile, Venezuela, Cuba, Ecuador, Bolivia, Guatemala, Paraguay, Uruguay, South Africa, Tanzania, Australia, England, El Salvador, Honduras, Costa Rica, Nicaragua and Dominican Republic. As per our estimate, over 1610000 people has been named Alicia globally.
Alicia in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Alicia
Working harder than required is what you are known for. People admire your charm and independent attitude about everything. You have a sharp focus and nothing slips your eye. Your great sense of humor makes you attractive in other people's eyes. Mistakes are the only way to become better at something. No one dares to say bad things about you. The letter A as your capstone represents your high aspirations and unusual character.
Do you like Alicia? Other names you would love
- Katherine - Predominant and Perennial unisex name Katherine is predominantly used in English, Norwegian and Kannada that of Old Greek origin, meaning of Katherine is "Pure or Unsullied". Prevalent name Katherine captured 112th position on the list of baby girl names in 2018 in United States
- Marissa - Majorly used in Norwegian, Spanish and Finnish eminent, Marissa has origin in Hebrew and Latin and is aimed at both sexes, meaning of Marissa is "Wished-for Child or Rebellion"
- Vincent - Vincent's meaning is The Winning or Victorious is a unisex name, primarily used in Scandinavian and Dutch is rooted from Latin
- Kristy - The widespread unisex name Kristy means "Disciple of Christ, Follower of Christ or Anointed" has its roots in Latin is used in Malayalam, Oriya and Marathi
- Valeria - Chiefly used in Finnish and Norwegian unfading and dominant, Valeria means "The Word Valere Which is of the Meaning Be Healthy Be Strong, Healthy Strong or The Healthy" is a gender-neutral name is originated from Latin
Namesakes of Alicia
- Alicia Ann Spottiswoode, Scottish songwriter and composer known chiefly for the tune, "Annie Laurie"
- Alicia Partnoy, human rights activist, poet, and translator
- Alicia Hempleman-Adams, daughter of British explorer David Hempleman-Adams
- Alicia O'Shea Petersen, Tasmanian suffragist and social reformer
- Alicia Vitarelli, news anchor for 6 ABC Action News in Philadelphia
- Alicia Bay Laurel, American artist, author, and musician
- Alicia Hall, American model and winner of NBC's 2005 reality TV show 'Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model Search'
- Alicia Moreau de Justo, Argentine physician, politician
- Alicia Grau Pérez-Agustín, impressionist living painter
- Alicia Drake, British fashion journalist and author
- Alicia Parlette, journalist and copy editor
- Alicia Shepard, npr
- Alicia D'Anvers, Born
- Alicia Kozameh, Argentine novelist, short story writer and poet
- Alicia Bruzzo, Argentine actress
- Alicia Lloyd Still, British nurse, teacher and hospital matron
- Alicia Svigals, American violinist and composer
- Alicia Plaza, veteran, Venezuelan actress
- Alicia Keys, American singer-songwriter
- Alicia Silverstone, American actress
- Alicia Witt, American actress, singer-songwriter, and pianist
- Alicia Bridges, American singer
- Alicia Machado, Venezuelan-American actress, TV host
- Alicia Coppola, American television and film actress
- Alicia Leigh Willis, American actress
- Alicia Minshew, American actress
- Alicia Markova, English ballerina and a choreographer
- Alicia Ashley, women's boxing participant
- Alicia Ostriker, American poet and scholar
- Alicia Rhett, American actress and portrait painter
- Alicia Molik, Australian former professional tennis player
- Alicia Rickter, American model and actress
- Alicia Webb, American professional wrestling valet
- Alicia de Larrocha, Spanish pianist and composer
- Alicia Fulford-Wierzbicki, New Zealand actress
- Alicia Alonso, Cuban prima ballerina assoluta and choreographer whose company became the Ballet Nacional de Cuba
- Alicia Boole Stott, Irish-English mathematician
- Alicia Bárcena Ibarra, Mexican biologist
- Alicia Moreda, soap opera actress, comedian
- Alicia Vergel, Filipina actress noted for her roles as fighting women and amazons and
- Alicia Morton, American former actress and singer best
- Alicia Patterson, founder and editor of 'Newsday'
- Alicia Appleman-Jurman,
- Alicia Hollowell, American
- Alicia Thompson, former WNBA basketball player for the Seattle Storm
- Alicia Albe, competed in rhythmic gymnastics in the 1990s
- Alicia Koplowitz, Spanish business magnate and one-time noblewoman
- Alicia Kirchner, Argentine Justicialist Party politician
- Alicia Gaspar de Alba, scholar, cultural critic, novelist
- Alicia Warrington, American drummer
- Alicia Steele in American Family Values II as Actress
- Alicia Jones in Killer Bash as Actress
- Alicia Michelle Sassano in Bring It On as Actress
- Alicia St. Louis in Emma as Actress
- Alicia del Lago in El Norte as Actress
- Alicia Gordillo in The Neighborhood Ball: An Inauguration Celebration as
- Alicia Jeffery in The Boys from Syracuse as Actress
- Alicia Emmrich in Get Smart as Miscellaneous Crew
- Alicia Dadoun in Hafida as Actress
- Alicia Stevenson in Double Impact as Actress
- In 1991 horror and mystery movie, Bikini Island, Alicia Anne characterized Ursula.
- In 1940 comedy and drama movie, Mi fortuna por un nieto, Alicia Barrié played N.
- In 1954 comedy, romance film, Los ojos llenos de amor, Alicia Bellan characterized N.
- In 1944, Alicia de Phillips portrayed the role of María de Quintanar in drama flick San Francisco de Asís.
- In 1957 action and adventure flick, El tesoro de Pancho Villa, Alicia Caro portrayed N.
- In 1992, Alicia Clarke portrayed the role of Christine Admore In movie Survivors.
- Alicia Avallone portrayed significant role of Kay Gooch in 2006 comedy, mystery film Death of a Saleswoman.
- Alicia Marina played central role of Beka in 2018 comedy flick Vivas.
- Alicia Leoni played pivotal role of Flavia in 1978 action and crime flick Provincia violenta.
- Alicia Maguiña portrayed main role of N in 1967 drama film La Venus maldita.
- Alicia Mallory portrayed small role of Maddie Richards in 2000 comedy film Marriage Prep.
- In 2003 drama, western film, Lonestar Cowboy, Alicia McCutcheon portrayed Kelly.
- In 1983 action, sci-fi flick, Il giustiziere della strada, Alicia Moro characterized Trash.
- Alicia Neira, from 1949 drama movie Rondalla, who played Carmelita.
- In 1978, Alicia Orozco portrayed the role of LagartaCaña in crime and drama flick Los violadores del amanecer.
- In 1932 drama, romance film, Alma de México, Alicia Ortiz characterized N.
- Alicia Ramírez, from 1998 flick Andrologia, who played N.
- In 1949, Alicia Ravel played the role of María del Carmen in drama flick El precio de la gloria.
- In 1947 drama flick, Obsesión, Alicia Romay played Lidia Hernández de la Vega.
- In 1998, Alicia Sánchez played the role of Carmen in drama movie Barrio.
- In 2019 drama movie, Prism of Light, Alicia Colburn portrayed Student 1.
- Alicia Regan portrayed central character of Doctor Mary B Harris In drama movie Alderson.
- Alicia Kaplan played main role of N in 1976 comedy and drama movie Yo y mi mariachi.
- In 2002, Alicia Bewernitz characterized the role of Simone in action and drama flick Rachel's Attic.
- Alicia Camps, from 1991 thriller movie Un asesino anda suelto, who characterized the Consuelo Soto.
- In 1981, Alicia Juárez characterized the role of N in comedy, drama movie La cosecha de mujeres.
- In 2012 crime, drama film, Rhino, Alicia Cabrera portrayed Erica.
- In 2008, Alicia Petrides portrayed the role of Madame Camille in horror movie Death's Door.
Lists having Alicia
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -icia
- Girl names that starts with Ali
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1998)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2008)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2010)
- Popular Girl Names in France (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2009)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2005)
- Popular Girl Names in Northern Territory (2005)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2010)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Kind