Alexia meaning and origin
Origin of Commonly Accepted Alexia is in Old Greek and Germanic languages bestowed upon both genders which is used commonly in Danish, English, Finnish, German, Norwegian and Swedish, meaning of Alexia is "Helper of Mankind, Defender of Man, Noble Kind, The Defender, Repel, Protect, Protector or The Word Alexein Which is of the Meaning to Ward Off to Defend". Alexia is variant of immutable and popular Alexis. Alexis is short form of names with "Alex". Alexis is Greek equivalent of Αλεξιος. Alexis means Man's Defender and To Help is originated from Old Greek. Alexia is a diminutive of Alexandra. Alexandra is a feminine form of Alexander. Originated from Old Greek, Prevalent Alexandra, Alexandra means "Feminine of Alexander and Protector of Man".. It is celebrated on on February 17.
Variants of Alexia
View middle names that goes with Alexia like Wan, Eunice, Vete, Cindy, Mozelle, Trine,Names that rhyme with Alexia
Popularity of Alexia
Alexia was a popular name in United States. Over 43810 babies have been given the first name in 93 years. At its zenith in 2002, 2691 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 128th position. However after 93 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. Additionally, the name has been in the top 500 baby names 25 times Also, Alexia was among the popular names in France. Since emerging in 1900 around 36883 babies have been given the first name. At the peak of its usage in 1998, the moniker grabbed the 44th spot and 1714 baby girls were given the name. However after 116 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 50 baby names 4 times Also, Alexia was a popular name in Spain. Over 5667 babies have been named Alexia since 2002. At its zenith in 2015, it ranked 66th when 551 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 14 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still dominating the charts. Moreover, the first name has been to the top 100 baby names 12 times
Alexia used to be a common name in England and Wales, first appeared in 1996 and over 3716 babies have been given the name in 23 years. When at its peak in 2011,. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, Alexia was a common name in Belgium. Over 2464 babies have been named Alexia since 1995. When at its peak in 2001,. However after 24 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts.
Alexia is a familiar baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 100 names. In 2007, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 98 on girl names chart when 66 babies were given the name Alexia. Over 958 babies in Switzerland have been named Alexia. The moniker is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, its highest ever rank is 358 (2009) in its 17 years run on Ireland naming chart. Over 136 people have been named Alexia in Ireland.
But Alexia is a popular baby name in Rwanda where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in Greece. At least, 90000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Alexia in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Alexia
You are sharp-minded and intelligent. Find someone who will change how you see love. Your soul mate is somewhere out there. Open your eyes. In order to do something unprecedented, you have to refocus from what's not important such as gossip, partying and messing around to what's really important and that's your dreams and expanding your knowledge. You never get tired from trying to be better than you were yesterday.
Do you like Alexia? You would love these names
- Senja - Unheard-of Senja is used primarily in Norwegian, Finnish and Swedish is originated from Old Greek, Senja means "Hospitality" is a girl name
- Nicholaus - Well-Known boy name Nicholaus has origin in Old Greek, meaning of Nicholaus is "People's Victory or Victory of the People" is used prevalently in English, Old SwedishDanish and Swedish
- Kaitlin - Kaitlin's meaning is The Pure or Girls is rooted from Old Greek and is given to both sexes is prevalently used in English and Irish
- Saint-Ange - Saint-Anges origin is Greek, meaning of Saint-Ange is "Messenger"
- Darija - The widespread and evergreen girl name Darija is originated from Old Greek and Old Persian is used chiefly in Russian and English. Darija is equivalent of Daria in English language. Also Darija is Russian form of Dorothy
Namesakes of Alexia
- Alexia Massalin, American computer scientist and programmer
- Alexia, Italian singer
- Alexia Bryn, Norwegian pair skater
- Alexia James in Jack Says as Actress
- Alexia Filippeos in Cube Zero as Actress
- Alexia Jean Schey in Star Trek Equinox: The Night of Time as Actress
- Alexia Chiaromonte in Van Wilder as Actress
- Alexia Moore in Lust in Space: The Erotic Witch Project IV as Actress
- Alexia Portal in Conte d'automne as Actress
- Alexia Vassiliou in Letter to the Unborn as Actress
- Alexia Anastasio in Adventures in Plymptoons! as Producer
- Alexia Roy in Zombiefied as Actress
- Alexia Rae in All by Myself 4 as Actress
- Alexia Moyano Alexia Betiana Moyano is an Argentine actress of cinema, theater and television.
- Alexia Landeau acted in movie 2 Days in New York
- In 2000, Alexia Stresi played the role of Jeanne in horror, thriller flick Promenons-nous dans les bois.
- In 2010, Alexia Monduit characterized the role of 'Le Petit prince'' in drama film Suite parlée.
- Alexia Kaltsiki, from 2005 drama, romance flick I efkoli... Lia, who played the N.
- Alexia Rasmussen portrayed leading role of Ariana in 2010 drama and music movie Listen to Your Heart.
Lists having Alexia
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Alex
- Popular Girl Names in France (2006)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2007)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2011)
- Baby Names that mean Helper
- Baby Names that mean Man
- Baby Names that mean Defender
- Baby Names that mean Mankind
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Kind
- Baby Names that mean Protect
- Baby Names that mean Protector