Katalin meaning and origin
Offbeat Katalin came from Old Greek is used as a girl name, meaning of Katalin is "The Pure" is largely used in Swedish, Hungarian, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian and English. Katalin is variant of frequently used and pious Kaitlin. Kaitlin is a version of saintly and popular Caitlin. Also Kaitlin is variation of pious and durable Kate. Kaitlin is also variation of prominent Karine. Kaitlin is also variation of darling and persistent Katie. Kaitlin is spelling variant of Caitlin. Kaitlin is equivalent of Katharina in Irish language. Kaitlin's meaning is The Pure and Girls is principally used in English and Irish is originated from Old Greek. Katalin is resulted from Catherine. Catherine is variation of commonly accepted Karine. Catherine is form of Katharina in English language. Also Catherine is form of Katharina in French and English languages. Catherine means Torture and Pure has its origin in Old Greek. Katalin is Basque equivalent of Katharina. The name is celebrated on November 25 or April 29.
Variants of KatalinNames that rhyme with Katalin
Popularity of Katalin
Katalin is an uncommon baby name in United States, even after 43 years of use, it could not make it big. There are over 394 babies that have been given the name Katalin in United States. It had a short run of 5 years on France girl names chart. Katalin is a rare baby name in England and Wales still in use today. However things change on global perspective, Katalin is extremely popular in Hungary where every 1 in 50 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Romania and Serbia. At least, 260000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
Katalin in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Katalin?
In fact, you are known as the original weirdo who creates cool stuff. You hate waking up at the same time in the morning if you don't have to. You are the mover and shaker of the world. You are an independent, free soul. You are an adventurer who follows his intuition. You are not like other people. You can't get used to a boring life and monotony. What fulfills your soul is your professional success.
Other names similar to Katalin, for name hunters
- Asklepios - Old Greek name Asklepios means "God of Healing" is bestowed upon baby boys
- Vasil means Royal or Monarch is of Old Greek origin given to boys is used substantially in Czech and Slavic
- Katrina - Of Old Greek origin, Well-Liked and Conifer Katrina means "Virginal, The Pure or Variant of Katherine Pure" and is aimed at both genders is specifically used in German and Telugu
- Hermione - Unexpected choice and Perennial girl name Hermione is used primarily in English and Finnish that originated from Old Greek, meaning of Hermione is "Well Born, Messenger or Earthly"
- Theodosios - Boy name Theodosios has its origin in Old Greek, meaning of Theodosios is "Giving to God or The Elements Theos Meaning God" is principally used in Greek
Namesakes of Katalin
- Katalin Lévai, Hungarian politician and Member of the European Parliament for the Hungarian Socialist Party
- Katalin Divós, female hammer thrower from Hungary
- Katalin Laki, former Hungarian handball player and Olympic medalist
- Katalin Vad, and former erotic performer
- Katalin Szili, former member of the Hungarian Parliament
- Katalin Kovács, Hungarian sprint canoer
- Katalin Tuschák, Hungarian fencer,
- Katalin Zamiar, Cuban American martial artist, sportswriter
- Katalin Bogyay, Hungarian diplomat
- Katalin Marosi, professional Hungarian female tennis player