Amar name meaning
On This Page
What does Amar mean?
Noteworthy Amar is used principally in Norwegian, Sanskrit, Hindi, English, Malayalam, Bengali, Sikh, Swedish, Tamil, Assamese, Sindhi, Kannada, Finnish, Telugu, Arabic, Danish, Marathi, Gujarati, Indian and Oriya, Amar means "Forever, Long Life or One who Prays 5 Times and Fasts" and originated from Arabic and Sanskrit is bestowed upon both boys and girls.
Amar is form of renowned Ammar. Ammar is variation of dominant Amar. Ammar is Latin form of The Arabic Name عمّار Meaning Virtuous, Pious. Meaning of Ammar is The Maker and Popularity is originated from Arabic and Sanskrit.
Amar is Arabic form of Umar.
How do I pronounce Amar?
The most common pronunciation of two syllabled Amar is a-mar.
Variants of AmarNames that rhyme with Amar
How popular is the name Amar?
Amar used to be a common name in United States, first appeared in 1967 and over 4126 babies have been given the name in 74 years. At its zenith in 2003,. However after 74 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong.
Also, Amar was a common name in France. Over 6282 babies have been named Amar since 1939. At its zenith in 1963,. However after 76 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts.
Amar is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 1997, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 327 on boy names chart when 74 babies were given the name Amar.
There are over 1173 babies that have been given the name Amar in England and Wales. Also, in Switzerland, the name has been in use since 2000 and has secured the place in top 200 names.
In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 105 on boy names chart when 85 babies were given the name Amar. Over 742 people have been named Amar in Switzerland.
Amar is an uncommon baby name in Belgium, in use since 2006, peaked in 2018 when it ranked 550th. There are over 111 babies that have been given the name Amar in Belgium.
However things change on global perspective, Amar is extremely popular in India where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Algeria, Pakistan and Sudan. Also the baby name is popular in Indonesia, Eritrea, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Senegal, Bangladesh, Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Mauritania and Saudi Arabia.
As per our research, over 1320000 babies have been bestowed Amar around the globe.
Amar in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Amar
You are dominant in your circle of friends. When it comes to giving an honest advice, you can be hard. When it comes to your career, you are fully dedicated to your job and like to get things done as soon as possible, so you can relax later. If letter R is your capstone, it reveals your fear of failure. No one is as kind these days and has the same heart as you do. You never get too obsessed with a person because you know that everything in life is temporary, especially relationships.
Looking for a name like Amar? Please go through the following names
- Barak - Unusual Barak is used largely in Swedish, Norwegian and Arabic, Barak means "In Vain, Lightening or Lightning" and of Hebrew and Arabic origin is given to boys
- Aarzoo - Unisex name Aarzoo is used in Arabic, Kannada and Gujarati, meaning of Aarzoo is "Wish, Love or Hope"
- Khushbu means Aromatic or Fragrant is a girl name is used specifically in Kannada and Gujarati
- Nayyar - Unisex name Nayyar is used mostly in Arabic and Arabic, meaning of Nayyar is "Bright Star, Sun or Luminous" has its origin in Arabic
- Sany - Boy name Sany means "Beautiful or Brilliant" is originated from Native, Arabic and American-Navajo
Sibling Names for Amar
Amar is a beautiful name that means "immortal" or "eternal" in many cultures. If you're looking for sibling names to match Amar's meaning, then look no further! Here are some lovely names that complement Amar perfectly and would be great choices for your new bundle of joy.
Names for Amar's sister
Names for Amar's brother
Famous people named Amar
- Amar Nath Kak, prominent Kashmiri lawyer and author whose most important books are 'Hamara Vrittanta' and the 'Gayatri'
- Amar Gamal, well known Cuban dancer
- Amar Singh Rathore, Rajput nobleman affiliated with the royal house of Marwar
- Amar Gupta, computer scientist, originally from Gujarat
- Amar Singh of Thanjavur, younger son of the Maratha Raja of Thanjavur Pratap Singh and served as the regent soon after the death of his brother Thuljaji II and ruled Thanjavur
- Amar Bose, American academic and entrepreneur
- Amar Singh Thapa, overall commander of the Nepal Army
- Amar Jaleel, Sindhi fiction writer and a columnist whose columns appear
- Amar Singh, Indian Test cricketer
- Amar Singh Chamkila, popular Punjabi singer, songwriter, musician
- Amar Singh, Indian politician from the state of Uttar Pradesh
- Amar Osim, Bosnian football manager and former player
- Amar Ammour, retired Algerian international footballer
- Amar, British Indian singer signed to the independent label Sunset Entertainment Group
- Amar Mehta, American figure skater and author
- Amar Meridja, Algerian judoka
- Amar Benikhlef, Algerian judoka
- Amaryllis Garnett in The Go-Between as Actress
- Amari Avery in The Short Game as
- Amar Benijlef is an Algerian athlete who competed in judo.
- Amar Ben Abdallah acted in movie Karnaval
- In 1931, Amar Choudhury characterized the role of Kuber in drama film Jamai Shashthi.
- In 1991 drama and musical movie, Dil Da Mamla, Amar Noorie played Gauri.
- Amar Ramasar played the role of Robin in drama, fantasy movie Meta.
Lists having Amar
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- Arabic Baby Names
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Assamese Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Sindhi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Forever
- Baby Names that mean Long
- Baby Names that mean Life
- Baby Names that mean Luck
- Baby Names that mean Immortal
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Faithful