Andrei name meaning
On This Page
What does Andrei mean?
Meaning of Andrei is Masculine, Brave, The Manly or Man is used in Finnish, Swedish, Slavic, Danish, Romanian, Russian, Norwegian, Ukrainian and English used as a boy name came from Old Greek.
Andrei is version of ever lasting and biblical Andre. Andre is Portuguese and German cognate of Andreas. Also Andre is form of Andrew in French, English and Portuguese languages. Andre is also Norwegian form of Andri.
Meaning of Andre is The Brave and The Brave is originated from Old Greek. Andrei is celebrated on November 30th.
How does Andrei sound as a baby name?
Andrei is a popular baby boy name of Russian origin that has various attributes associated with it. It exudes strength, masculinity and bravery, making it an excellent choice for parents looking for a name that reflects these qualities.
Boys named Andrei are often known to be independent, confident and assertive from a young age. They are natural leaders who are never afraid to take initiative and make things happen.
With its strong sound and meaning, Andrei is a name that can inspire boys to grow up with courage, determination and resilience.
How do I pronounce Andrei?
an-DRAY is the most common way to pronounce two syllabled Andrei. The name can also be pronounced as a-nd-rei, an-drei or ahn-dray.
Variants of AndreiNames that rhyme with Andrei
How popular is the name Andrei?
Andrei used to be a common name in United States, first appeared in 1948 and over 2612 babies have been given the name in 69 years. At the peak of its usage in 2006,.
However after 69 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, Andrei is common in England and Wales where over 980 new-borns have been given the name since 1996.
At present at its peak, the moniker grabbed the 304th spot and 159 baby boys were given the name.
Andrei is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1990 and was able to reach the top 900 names.
In 2013, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 840 on boy names chart when 51 babies were named Andrei. Over 569 babies in France have been named Andrei. In Belgium, Andrei is a unique name where it has been in use since 2005 and has secured the place in top 400 names.
Recently in 2017, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 358 on boy names chart when 32 babies were named Andrei. Over 188 people have been named Andrei in Belgium.
Andrei is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, even after 21 years of use, it could not make it big.
Over 164 babies in Ireland have been named Andrei. However things change on global perspective, Andrei is extremely popular in Romania where every 1 in 70 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Moldova, Russia, Brazil, Israel and Estonia.
At least, 450000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Andrei in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Andrei
Negative people steal your energy and leave you drained and unwilling to do the things you want to do like express your feelings in a creative manner. You don't bother with explaining much because people hear only what they want to hear. The number 9 as your personality no reveals that you are charming, positive, very idealistic and well-versed in different subjects. If you have the letter A as your cornerstone, you are a born leader who likes to have control over everything.
Other names similar to Andrei
- Aglaonema - Aglaonema means "Radiant with Beauty" has origin in Greek
- Eleonora - Eleonora's meaning is The Other or Variant of Helen is used as a girl name and is predominantly used in Swedish, English and Greenlandic has origin in Old Greek and French
- Katjana has its origin in Old Greek, Katjana means "The Pure" and is given to baby girls is notably used in German, Finnish and Swedish
- Yanna - Majorly used in Greek and Breton unusual, Yanna means "Yahweh is Gracious or God is Merciful". It is rooted from Hebrew is used as a baby girl name
- Mara - Eminent and Ever lasting unisex name Mara means "Destroyer, Bitter or Time" has its origin in Old Greek and Hebrew is used principally in Swedish, Sanskrit and German
Sibling Names for Andrei
If you’ve chosen the name Andrei for your baby boy, congratulations! Now it’s time to find a matching name for his siblings. Here are some great sibling names that complement Andrei perfectly, from classic and traditional to modern and unique.
Names for Andrei's sister
For a brother
Famous people named Andrei
- Andrei Rublev, is considered to be one of the greatest medieval Russian painters of Orthodox icons and frescos
- Andrei Mureșanu, Romanian poet and revolutionary of Transylvania
- Andrei Iordan, served as the State Secretary of Kyrgyzstan and temporarily exercised the duties of Prime Minister
- Andrei Ryabushkin, Russian painter
- Andrei Sychra, Russian guitarist, composer and teacher
- Andrei Rybakou, Belarusian weightlifter
- Andrei Șaguna, honorary member of the Romanian Academy
- Andrei Nekrasov, Russian film and TV director from Saint Petersburg
- Andrei Stackenschneider, Russian architect
- Andrei Katz, Romanian-Jewish immigrant living in New York City
- Andrei Ivanovich Shingarev, Russian doctor, publicist and politician
- Andrei Toom, Russian mathematician currently living in New York City
- Andrei Volkonsky, Russian composer of classical music and harpsichordist
- Andrei Babitsky, Russian journalist and war reporter,
- Andrei Budberg, Russian Empire diplomat
- Andrei Suslin, Russian mathematician
- Andrei Navrozov, poet and writer, was born in Moscow in 1956
- Andrei Chubsa, Belarusian high jumper
- Andrei Nazarov, retired decathlete
- Andrei Plakhov, Russian film critic and historian of cinema
- Andrei Serban, Romanian-born American theater director
- Andrei Belyanin, Russian science fiction and fantasy writer
- Andrei Krauchanka, Belarusian decathlete
- Andrei Ivanovich Bogdanov, was one of the first Russian bibliographers and ethnographers
- Andrei Stepanchuk, male race walker from Belarus
- Andrei Sapozhnikov, retired ice hockey player
- Andrei Parshev, Russian political writer
- Andrei Doroshkevich, Russian theoretical astrophysicist and cosmologist
- Andrei Toncu, Romanian sound designer
- Andrei Varantsou, male hammer thrower from Belarus
- Andrei Bantaș, Romanian lexicographer, translator and teacher
- Andrei Sakharov, Russian nuclear physicist, dissident
- Andrei Linde, Russian-American theoretical physicist and the Harald Trap Friis Professor of Physics at Stanford University
- Andrei Lankov, Russian scholar of Asia and a specialist
- Andrei Okounkov, Russian mathematician
- Andrei Tarkovsky, Russian filmmaker, writer, film editor
- Andrei Chikatilo, serial killer
- Andrei Alexandrescu, Romanian-American C++ and D language programmer and author
- Andrei Tupolev, pioneering Soviet aircraft designer
- Andrei Amalrik, Russian writer and dissident
- Andrei Codrescu, Romanian-American poet, novelist, essayist
- Andrei Gromyko, Soviet Belarusian communist politician during the Cold War
- Andrei Kirilenko, Russian-American retired professional basketball player
- Andrei Kirilenko, Soviet statesman
- Andrei Zhdanov, Soviet Communist Party leader and cultural ideologist
- Andrei Platonov, a Soviet Russian writer, philosopher, playwright
- Andrei Zhelyabov, Russian revolutionary and member of the Executive Committee of Narodnaya Volya
- Andrei Bely, Russian novelist, poet, theorist, communist
- Andrei Sinyavsky, Russian writer, dissident, political prisoner
- Andrei Konchalovsky, Russian film director
- Andrei Semenov, Russian mixed martial artist and Sambo practitioner
- Andrei Grechko, Soviet general
- Andrei Shkuro, Lieutenant General of the White Army
- Andrei Kovalenko, retired professional ice hockey forward
Lists having Andrei
- Biblical Boy Names
- Boy names beginning with A
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Greek Boy Names
- Danish Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- Norwegian Boy Names
- Roman Boy Names
- Russian Boy Names
- Slavic Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with And
- Baby Names that mean Brave
- Baby Names that mean Manly
- Baby Names that mean Man