Apollo meaning and origin
Illustrous Apollo particulary is used in Greenlandic, Finnish, Norwegian, Italian, Swedish and Danish is of Indoeuropean and Old Greek origin, meaning of Apollo is "Apollinaria or The Element Apollymi Meaning to Destroy" is given to boys. Apollo is variant form of Apollon. Apollon is version of prominent Apollo. Apollon is equivalent of Απολλων, the Greek God of Light, Poetry, Healing, Music and Prophecy in Latin language. Prominent Old Greek and Greek Apollon, meaning of Apollon is "God of Light" is majorly used in Finnish and Swedish.
Variants of ApolloNames that rhyme with Apollo
Popularity of Apollo
Apollo is a popular name in United States given to over 3902 babies in 50 years. Currently the name is hotter than ever, 543 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 517th position. Apollo is an uncommon baby name in still in use in England and Wales. Over 116 people have been named Apollo in England and Wales. Apollo is a rare baby name in France still in use today. But Apollo is a popular baby name in Uganda where every 1 in 3000 have the name. According to our evaluation, at least 30000 people have been bestowed Apollo around the globe.
Apollo in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Apollo
You are attentive to details and hard-working. You prefer originality and hard work instead of taking the easier road to success. Taking into consideration your communication skills and charisma, you won't have a problem to attract attention and spread awareness. Harmony and balance matter to you. You are hard-working by nature and success drives you. People envy your success and personal life, and would give just anything to be like you.
If you like Apollo, you would love these names
- Sibèle - Sibèle's meaning is Divinity Personifying Nature In Phrygian Mythology is rooted from Greek
- Basilie is originated from Old Greek is mainly used in English is a gender-neutral name, Basilie means "Kingly or Female Version of Basil"
- Hali means The Sea, Handsome or Hay Meadow has its origin in Old English and Old Greek which is used notably in Arabic and English is a gender-neutral name
- Elenita - Of Old Greek and Greek origin, Unorthodox Elenita is majorly used in Spanish, Elenita means "Burst of the Sun" is aimed at baby girls
- Fanny - Meaning of Fanny is Little Frenchman, Something Like: Little French / Franconian or Little Frenchwoman is used as a girl name has its roots in Old Greek and Greek is dominantly used in Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish
Namesakes of Apollo
- Apollo Mussin-Pushkin, Russian chemist and plant collector
- Apollo Sunshine, alternative rock band from Boston, Massachusetts
- Apollo 440, English electronic rock band
- Apollo Smile, pop music singer-songwriter
- Apollo Perelini, former Samoa dual code international rugby footballer
- Apollo Creed, fictional character from the 'Rocky' films
- Apollo Papathanasio, Swedish heavy metal vocalist of Greek descent
- Apollo Soucek, vice admiral in the United States Navy,
- Apollo M. O. Smith, important figure
- Apollonia van Ravenstein in Nothing Lasts Forever as Actress
- Apollonia Vanova in Watchmen as Actress
- Apollonia Kotero in Purple Rain as Actress
- Apollo Dukakis in Last Action Hero as Actor
- Apollo Granforte was a great Argentine-Argentine baronist in the inter-war period.
- Apollo Villa-Real is credited as writer of short Transference