Archer name meaning
On This Page
What does Archer mean?
Used dominantly in English unfading and prevalent, Archer means "Bowman or An English Surname" is came from Old English and Old French is used as a gender insensitive name.
Is Archer suitable to use as a baby name?
Archer is a unique, strong and masculine name for baby boys. It holds a special meaning as it represents the skillful and archery prowess of the ancient bowman.
The name evokes images of bravery, precision, and strength which makes it an ideal choice for parents who are looking for a name that will reflect their child's personality. Archer is also easy to pronounce and spell which makes it a great choice for parents who want something simple yet special.
With its Latin origin, Archer is not only an attractive option but also carries with it a sense of history and tradition that adds depth to its meaning. Overall, Archer is an excellent choice for parents who want a unique and powerful name that will help their child stand out from the crowd.
How do I pronounce Archer?
The two syllabled name Archer is commonly pronounced as a-rcher. ar-cher is the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of ArcherNames that rhyme with Archer
How popular is the name Archer?
Archer is a popular in United States where over 12095 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. Presently at its peak, it ranked 239th when 1583 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names 8 times A common name in England and Wales having over 1369 recievers in 22 years of usage. Currently peaking at the charts, the moniker grabbed the 196th spot and 269 baby boys were given the name.
Also, Archer is a common name in New South Wales given to over 1412 babies in 8 years. Currently peaking at the charts, 234 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 32nd position.
Also, A common name in Queensland having over 1648 recievers in 10 years of usage. Currently peaking at the charts, it ranked 9th when 259 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
Also, Archer used to be a common name in Victoria, first appeared in 2008 and over 1796 babies have been given the name in 12 years. At its zenith in 2015,.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 12 years but it is still going strong.
Archer is a familiar baby name in Western Australia, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 100 names.
Recently in 2019, 97 babies were given Archer and it reached its peak ranking, 24 on boy names chart. Archer is an uncommon baby name in Ireland still in use today.
Archer is a rare baby name in Northern Territory where it is still in use and also in Western Australia. Archer is a common name in Philippines while somewhat familiar name in China.
At least, 10000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
Numerological aspects of Archer
If you have the letter A as your cornerstone, you are a born leader who likes to have control over everything. Balance and harmony are what's most important to you at the moment because you've had enough drama for one life. You believe that nothing is impossible until your heart beats. Deep inside you want someone to take over your dominance and take over the control. Your failures motivate you.
You would love these names similar to Archer
- Rosanna - Persistent and Admired Rosanna is used in Danish, Italian and Finnish is a gender-neutral name, Rosanna means "Anna or Rosa" came from Italian and Latin. In 1983, renowned name Rosanna captured 434th position on the list of baby girl names in United States
- Damion - Prevailing unisex name Damion is used principally in English, meaning of Damion is "Subdue or Tame" has its origin in Old Greek
- Danna - Illustrous Danna largely is used in Finnish, Hebrew and English is of Old English and Hebrew origin, meaning of Danna is "To Give, God is My Judge or Gift" is used as a gender-neutral name
- Harlow - Used in English unfading and prevailing, Harlow means "From the Hare's Hill, Mound or Army" and is used for both boys and girls is rooted from Old English
- Birdie - Birdie's meaning is Little Bird, Bright or Unusual Nature used for both sexes has its origin in English and Germanic is mainly used in English
Middle names for Archer
These well-received and familiar middle names fit well with Archer.
View more middle names that goes with Archer.
Sibling Names for Archer
Looking for the perfect names to pair with the trendy and strong baby name "Archer"? Look no further! We've compiled a list of sibling names that complement the unique and bold nature of Archer. From classic to modern, there's something for every family.
For a sister
Brother for Archer
Famous people named Archer
- Archer Maclean, British video game programmer
- Archer Milton Huntington, son of Arabella Huntington and the stepson of railroad magnate and industrialist Collis P. Huntington
- Archer Alexander, former slave
- Archer Baldwin, farmer and British Conservative Party Member of Parliament
- Archer Thompson Gurney, Church of England clergyman and hymnodist
- Archer Martin, British chemist
- Archer Blood, American career diplomat and academic
- Archer, Australian Thoroughbred racehorse
- Archer MacMackin, American silent film director, producer
- Archer Allen Phlegar, was born at Christiansburg, Virginia
- Archer Prewitt, American musician and cartoonist associated with the independent music scene
Lists having Archer
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Northern Territory (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2012)
- Baby Names that mean Surname
- Baby Names that mean Archer