Bailey name meaning
What does Bailey mean?
Bailey means Administrator, Steward, Public Official, Man in Charge, Bailiff, Able, Berry, Law Enforcer, City Fortification, Castle Wall, Leaning Against a Family Or Place Names or Baili Meaning Bailiff came from Old English used as a gender-neutral name is specifically used in English.
How is Bailey seen as a baby name?
Bailey is a popular name choice for parents who desire a unique and modern name for their baby girl or boy. It has gained popularity due to its versatile nature, making it perfect for any personality. Parents appreciate that Bailey is not only gender-neutral but also easy to spell and pronounce. The name stands out among traditional names because it has an air of sophistication while still being trendy. Bailey sounds modern yet classic, which makes it an excellent choice for a baby's name. Its origin may be British, but its popularity has spread worldwide due to its adaptability and versatility as a given name.
How do I pronounce Bailey?
The two syllabled name Bailey is commonly pronounced as bay-lee. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., ba(i)-ley.
Variants of Bailey
Nicknames for Bailey
There are plentitude of nicknames to go along with Bailey. Some of those include:Names that rhyme with Bailey
How popular is the name Bailey?
a very popular name in United States with over 119785 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. At the peak of its usage in 1998, it ranked 60th when 5196 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 100 baby names 16 times Also, Bailey was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 16488 babies have been named Bailey since 1996. When at the peak of its usage in 2005, 1079 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 62nd position. However after 46 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 100 baby names 13 times
A common name in New South Wales with over 4341 new-borns have been given the name since 1996. When at its peak in 2004, 323 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 23rd position. Also, A common name in Queensland having over 3176 recievers in 20 years of usage. At its zenith in 2005, the moniker grabbed the 21st spot and 239 baby boys were given the name. Also, A common name in Victoria having over 756 recievers in 7 years of usage. At the peak of its usage in 2008, 171 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 37th position.
Bailey is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, even after 31 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 300. There are over 264 babies that have been given the name Bailey in Ireland. Also, Bailey is a familiar name in Canada, Australia, South Africa, England, New Zealand and Philippines. As per our findings, over 140000 babies have been bestowed Bailey around the globe.
Bailey in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Bailey
You have no enemies. Number 3 as a personality no represents creativity, passion, extravagance, and positivity. You are easily adaptable to change but sometimes, you can get comfy in your misery and stay there for a while. You are an attractive person and everyone sees it. It takes a long time for someone to gain a special place in your heart. You are known for your lively spirit, eternal patience and lack of belief when it comes to love.
Do you like Bailey? Read these names too
- Jamie - Persistent and Widely Accepted Jamie is used specifically in Danish and English is a gender-neutral name is came from Hebrew, Jamie means "Yahweh May Protect, Variant of Jacob Supplanter or One who Supplants". Among baby girl names, loved Jamie was spotted at 499th position in 2016 in United States
- Belle - Frequently Used and Ever lasting girl name Belle means "God Protects My House" has its roots in Hebrew and French is dominantly used in Finnish and Norwegian
- Eliza - Used in Norwegian, Swedish and Romanian eternal and customary, Eliza means "God is Fullness, My God has Sworn or The Chosen" which is rooted from Hebrew and Germanic is aimed at both genders
- Willie - Willie's meaning is Brave or Will Helmet came from Old English and Germanic used as a gender-neutral name is used in Norwegian, Danish and Scandinavian
- Douglas - The widely accepted and ever lasting unisex name Douglas means "Similar to a Family or Place Names, Black or Dark Stream" which is rooted from Scottish, Welsh and Celtic is notably used in Swedish and English
Middle names for Bailey
We've compiled a list of the endearing and familiar middle names for Bailey below.
View more middle names that goes with Bailey.
Sibling Names for Bailey
Bailey is a beautiful unisex baby name that has been gaining popularity in recent times. If you are considering the name Bailey for your little one, then why not pair it with a matching sibling name? Here are some unique and adorable names that complement Bailey perfectly.
Names for Bailey's sister
Names for Bailey's brother
Famous people named Bailey
- Bailey Ashford, American physician
- Bailey Olter, Micronesian political figure
- Bailey Gatzert, American politician and the eighth mayor of Seattle
- Bailey Howell, American former professional basketball player
- Bailey Bartlett, member of the U.S. House of Representatives
- Bailey Chase, American stage and television actor
- Bailey Aldrich, United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit and previously was a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Bailey White, American author and a regular radio commentator for the National Public Radio program 'All Things Considered'
- Bailey Tzuke, British singer/songwriter
- Bailey Hardeman, first Secretary of the Treasury for the Republic of Texas
- Bailey Ryder in Hold Me Tight as Actress
- Bailey Steckler portrayed leading role of Zoe in 1997 film Summer of Fun.
Lists having Bailey
- Boys names beginning with B
- Girls names beginning with B
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -ley
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2012)
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2012)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2014)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2015)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2014)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2012)
- Baby Names that mean Man
- Baby Names that mean Bailiff
- Baby Names that mean Law
- Baby Names that mean Castle
- Baby Names that mean Surname
- Baby Names that mean Clearing
- Baby Names that mean City
- Baby Names that mean Wall
- Baby Names that mean Family
- Baby Names that mean Place