Ali name meaning
What does Ali mean?
Admired Ali has its origin in Gaelic, Arabic and Irish, Ali means "God, Excellent, Noble, Sublime, Feminine of Alexander, Defender of Mankind, Bee or Whoever is Above" bestowed upon both genders is used notably in Norwegian, Finnish, Tamil, Swedish, Sindhi, Bengali, English, Kannada, Icelandic, Arabic, African, Hindi, Gujarati and Danish.. Ali is variant of modern Callister. Callister is English equivalent of Alexander.. Ali is Greenlandic cognate of Ale.
Is Ali a suitable baby name?
Yes, Ali is a suitable baby boy name. It has been used for centuries and is popular in many countries today. Its origin is Arabic and it means "high". This makes it a powerful, meaningful name that reflects the hopes you have for your child and his future achievements. The name also has a positive reputation and can be seen as an expression of strength and courage. It is versatile enough to fit into any culture or religious background, making it a great choice for parents looking for a meaningful name for their baby boy.
How do I pronounce Ali?
The most common way to pronounce two syllabled Ali is a-li.
Variants of Ali
Aali, Callister, Aale, Âle, Alexander, Al, Ale, Adalbert, Adalbrecht, Alla, Eli, Ellis, Amir Ali, Amir, Alae
Nicknames for Ali
The given name Ali is already a short name but there are some nicknames to go along with it:Names that rhyme with Ali
How popular is the name Ali?
Ali is a popular in United States where over 36779 new-borns have been given the name since 1914. When at its peak in 2018, it ranked 309th when 1111 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names 31 times Also, Ali is a popular in France where over 22965 new-borns have been given the name since 1949. When at the peak of its usage in 2015, the moniker grabbed the 109th spot and 632 baby boys were given the name. Moreover, the name has been to the top 500 baby names an astonishing 67 times
Ali used to be a common name in England and Wales, first appeared in 1996 and over 8833 babies have been given the name in 29 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2002,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 29 years but it is still in a strong position. Also, Ali was a common name in Netherlands. Over 586 babies have been named Ali since 2015. When at its peak in 2019,. However after 5 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, Ali was a common name in Sweden. Over 101 babies have been named Ali since 2005. At the peak of its usage in 2005,. After 1 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, Ali is common in Belgium where over 1020 new-borns have been given the name since 2006. When at the peak of its usage in 2012, 123 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 101st position.
Ali is a rare baby name in Sweden there is very thin chances of it still being given as it was last seen in 2005. Over 101 people have been named Ali in Sweden. However things change on global perspective, Ali is extremely popular in Iran where every 1 in 40 have the name as well as in, Turkey, Iraq, Pakistan, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Egypt, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Algeria, Sudan, India, Syria, Chad, Somalia, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Morocco, Libya, United Arab Emirates, Niger, Lebanon, Kenya, Tunisia and Jordan. Also the baby name is popular in Tanzania, Kuwait, Uganda, Burkina Faso, Russia, Comoros, Bahrain, Eritrea, Azerbaijan, Malaysia, Oman, Palestine, Philippines, Uzbekistan, England, Ghana, Germany, Mali, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Venezuela, Mozambique, DR Congo, Kazakhstan, Maldives, Tajikistan, Central African Republic, Qatar, Canada, Djibouti, Turkmenistan, Albania, Benin, Sri Lanka, Madagascar, Burundi, Togo, Congo, Angola, Bulgaria, Guinea, South Sudan, Australia, Sierra Leone and Kosovo. At least, 15330000 people globally have carried Ali as their given name according to our evaluation.
Ali in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Ali?
You are a seducer who doesn't care about true love but deep inside, you die to find someone who will teach you what true love looks like. You never come up with a plan to achieve something but make your way as you go. You are all about independence, and like to have your own possessions because you like to enjoy luxury but not at any prize. You like people too but prefer your solitude. The only person you need to prove yourself is the person you see in the mirror every day.
Other names liked by name hunters that are similar to Ali
- Evelynn - Origin of Widely Accepted Evelynn is in Old French language is principally used in English and is bestowed upon girls, meaning of Evelynn is "Evelyn, Hazelnut or Life". Celebrated name Evelynn managed to bag 337th position in baby girl names list in 2018 in United States
- Yetta - Eminent and Perennial unisex name Yetta is predominantly used in English and English which originated from English, Yiddish and Germanic, meaning of Yetta is "Generous, Short Form of Henrietta or Ruler of the House"
- Pasquale - Commonly Accepted and Ever lasting boy name Pasquale means "Easter, Pass or Paschal" has its origin in Hebrew and Latin is used mostly in English and Italian
- Rupert means Bright Fame or Form of Robert used for both boys and girls used in English and German is originated from Germanic and Old High German
- Janae - Noteworthy Janae is used commonly in English, Janae means "Form of Janet, Yahweh is Gracious or God is Gracious Gift" is of Hebrew origin is bestowed upon both sexes
Sibling Names for Ali
Looking for a sibling name to go with the popular baby name Ali? Look no further! We've compiled a list of names that complement Ali perfectly, whether you're looking for something classic or unique. Check out our top picks below.
Sister for Ali
Brother for Ali
Celebrity Baby News
- Ali Bastian: A Glowing Mummy-To-Be in Her 34th Week of Pregnancy
From her roles in Doctors and Strictly Come Dancing to her marriage to West End star David O’Mahony, there’s no denying that Ali has been living a truly blessed life. Now, at 40 years old, the actress is about to embark on a glorious new chapter as she prepares to welcome her second child into the world in just six weeks’ time.
Famous people named Ali
- Ali Kafi, Algerian politician
- Ali Hassan Mwinyi, retired politician
- Ali ibn Sahl Rabban al-Tabari,
- Ali Shah Durrani Sadozai, was ruler of the Durrani Empire from 1818 to 1819
- Ali Abdi Farah, politician in Djibouti
- Ali bin Hamud of Zanzibar, eighth Sultan of Zanzibar from 1902 to 1911
- Ali Hujwiri, Abu ’l-Ḥasan ʿAlī b
- Ali Osman Taha, Sudanese politician
- Ali Soilih, Comorian socialist revolutionary and political figure
- Ali ibn Tahir al-Sulami, Damascene jurist and philologist
- Ali ibn Babawayh Qummi, Twelver Shi'a scholar
- Ali Saibou, third President of Niger
- Ali ibn Yusuf al-Ilaqi, eleventh-century Persian physician from Khorasan
- Ali Mahdi Muhammad, Somali entrepreneur and politician
- Ali az-Zahir, Seventh Caliph of the Fātimids
- Ali Ismail Abbas, Iraqi man
- Ali ibn Ahmad al-Jarjara'i, Fatimid official of Iraqi origin
- Ali al-Akbar ibn Husayn, son of Al-Husayn ibn ‘Ali, the third Shi‘ite Imam
- Ali al-Asghar ibn Husayn, youngest child of Al-Husayn and Rubab bint Imra’ al-Qays
- Ali ibn Zainab, sahaba of Muhammad
- Ali bin Abdulla Al Kaabi, former minister of labour and social affairs
- Ali Mohammed Ghedi, Prime Minister of the Transitional Federal Government of Somalia
- Ali I of Yejju, 'Ras' of Begemder
- Ali II of Yejju, Ras of Begemder and Enderase of the Emperor of Ethiopia
- Ali Rıza Efendi, father of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk and the husband of Zübeyde Hanım
- Ali Bin Nasser, former Tunisian football referee
- Ali Kazimi, Indian-born Canadian film-maker and writer
- Ali ibn Sabr ad-Din, son of Sabr ad-Din I
- Ali Haydar Şen, ex-president of the Fenerbahçe S.K.
- Ali ibn Umar Din, Sultan of the Sultanate of Adal
- Ali Bourequat, successful Moroccan/Tunisian businessman
- Ali Asad, Pakistani cricketer
- Ali Mohamed Shein, president
- Ali Lankoandé, Burkinabé politician from Burkina Faso
- Ali Esbati, handling officer of labour market policies at the Left Party's office of the Riksdag and the chairman of the Left Party's program commission
- Ali ibn Yusuf, 5th Almoravid king
- Ali Daeem Ali, served as an Arab Socialist Ba'ath Party official in Dujail
- Ali Mansur, Prime Minister of Iran
- Ali Soheili, Prime Minister of Iran
- Ali Dashti, Iranian rationalist of the twentieth century
- Ali Shah of Terengganu, fifteenth Sultan of Terengganu
- Ali Javadi, Iranian political Communist activist living
- Ali Fawzi Rebaine, leader of the Ahd 54 political party in Algeria
- Ali Mohamed, double agent
- Ali Al Shargawi, leading Bahraini poet, lyricist and playwright whose work has been translated into English, German, Bulgarian
- Ali Afshari, Iranian activist
- Ali Mohammed Khan, Rohilla chief
- Ali Sajadi Hoseini, Iranian film director
- Ali Reza Nobari, former Governor of the Central Bank of the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Ali Javan, Iranian-American physicist and inventor
- Ali Hassan Salameh, —for 'Black September'
Lists having Ali
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- Arabic Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Gaelic Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- African Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Sindhi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Girl names that starts with Ali
- Popular Boy Names in France (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Sweden (2018)
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Excellent
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Sublime
- Baby Names that mean Light
- Baby Names that mean Lofty
- Baby Names that mean Ascend
- Baby Names that mean Exalted
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Son
- Baby Names that mean law
- Baby Names that mean Elevated
- Baby Names that mean Shining
- Baby Names that mean Defender
- Baby Names that mean Mankind
- Baby Names that mean Bee