Brett meaning and origin
Renowned Brett came from Old English is a gender-neutral name, meaning of Brett is "From Britain, A Breton, Native of Brittany or Prince" is used majorly in Breton and English. Brett is a shortened form of Brendan. Brendan is variation of Brendanus. Meaning of Brendan is Prince and Traveller is rooted from Old Irish and Celtic.
Variants of Brett
View middle names that goes with Brett like Walton, Ogle, Meghan, Paola, Esther, Kian,Names that rhyme with Brett
Popularity of Brett
Brett was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1926 around 160964 babies have been given the given name. At the peak of its usage in 1986, it ranked 69th when 4726 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 156 years. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 100 baby names 21 times Also, Brett was a popular name in New South Wales. Over 13080 babies have been named Brett since 1955. At the peak of its usage in 1963, 610 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 15th position. After 37 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Additionally, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 30 times
Brett was a common name in England and Wales. Over 1488 babies have been named Brett since 1996. At the peak of its usage in 1996,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years. Also, Brett used to be a common name in Queensland, first appeared in 1960 and over 6323 babies have been given the name in 34 years. At the peak of its usage in 1964,. After 34 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Brett is an uncommon baby name in France, where it had been in use for 20 years, last appeared in 2008 and made just beyond the top 2000 names. It had a short run of 5 years on Belgium boy names chart. Brett is a rare baby name in Ireland and may not be used now. But Brett is a popular baby name in Australia where every 1 in 400 have the name as well as in, England, Canada, South Africa and New Zealand. At least, 250000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Brett in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Brett?
You watch your mouth and think twice before you say something. You are easily adaptable to change but sometimes, you can get comfy in your misery and stay there for a while. You were this kind and generous person in the past but hanging around with negative and abusive people has changed you. Your devotion to people sometimes leads to disappointment because of your high expectations. If number 5 is your soul urge no it reveals your constant care of your soul and body.
You would love these names similar to Brett
- Emery means Ruler of Work, Home Ruler or House or Powerful King is originated from Old High German and Germanic and is used predominantly in English is used for both boys and girls. Dominant name Emery managed to bag 92nd position on baby girl chart in 2018 in United States
- Oliver means Elf Warrior or Elf Army is a gender-neutral name, commonly used in Norwegian, German and Finnish is of Latin, Germanic and French origin
- Ray - Famed and All time favorite unisex name Ray means "Protection or Grace" used commonly in Bengali and Tamil is originated from Old High German and English languages
- Daniel - Daniel's meaning is God is My Judge God has Judged, Judge or God or Judge is God has origin in Romanian, English and Dutch and is used for both sexes is majorly used in Telugu and Icelandic
- Audrey - Predominantly used in Norwegian and English persistent and sky-scraping, Audrey is originated from Old High German and Old English and is given to both sexes, meaning of Audrey is "The Noble Strong or Noble Strength"
Namesakes of Brett
- Brett J. Gladman, Canadian astronomer
- Brett Butler, American actress, writer, and stand-up comedian
- Brett Helquist, American illustrator best known for his work
- Brett Butler, American stage and voice actor
- Brett Kebble, South African mining magnate with close links to factions
- Brett Beyer, Brett
- Brett Blewitt, Australian actor
- Brett Davis, Republican member of the Wisconsin State Assembly
- Brett Polegato, operatic baritone
- Brett Haber, American sportscaster
- Brett Larson,
- Brett Leaver, former field hockey player from New Zealand,
- Brett Josef Grubisic, Canadian novelist and editor
- Brett Dean, contemporary Australian composer
- Brett Thompson,
- Brett Tamburrino, Australian baseballer with the Melbourne Aces
- Brett McLeod, Australian television news reporter and presenter for 'Nine News Melbourne'
- Brett Blackledge, is Regional Investigations Editor for USA Today Network
- Brett Winslow, member of the United States men's national volleyball team that finished in ninth place at the 1996 Summer Olympics
- Brett Stapleton, Rugby Union player
- Brett Ratner, American director and producer
- Brett Gurewitz, musical artist
- Brett Somers, Canadian-American actress, singer
- Brett Whiteley, Australian artist
- Brett Hull, Canadian-American former ice hockey player and general manager
- Brett Reed, American musician
- Brett Lindros, Canadian former professional ice hockey player and television personality
- Brett Emerton, retired Australian professional footballer
- Brett Butler, former center fielder
- Brett Halliday, American mystery writer, best
- Brett Lee, Australian former international cricketer
- Brett Whiteley, Australian politician
- Brett Anderson, English singer-songwriter best known as the lead vocalist of the band Suede
- Brett Cloutman, British Army officer
- Brett Lunger, former racecar driver from the United States
- Brett Angell, English association football coach and former player
- Brett Lancaster, former professional racing cyclist from Australia
- Brett Scallions, American musician
- Brett Sawyer, professional wrestler
- Brett Cullen, American actor
- Brett Bodine, former NASCAR Winston Cup Series driver and is the current driver of the pace car
- Brett Kimmorley, Australian former professional rugby league footballer of the 1990s and 2000s
- Brett Sperry, youtube
- Brett Westwood, radio presenter and author
- Brett Deledio, professional Australian rules footballer playing for the Greater Western Sydney Giants
- Brett Firman, Australian former professional rugby league footballer of the 2000s
- Brett Kirk, former Australian rules football player of the Sydney Swans and was the AFL's International Ambassador
- Brett Howland, Australian former professional rugby league footballer for the Penrith Panthers
- Brett Steven, tennis player
- Brett MacDonald, ice hockey player
- Brette Goldstein in Hello Lonesome as Casting Director
- Brett Hargrave in Shake Off the World as Actress
- Brett King was a cinematographic and television actor of American nationality, active between the years 1949 and 1967.
- Brett Lewis in movie Partners in Crime as Writer
- In 2006, Brett Chukerman portrayed the role of Marc Everhard in comedy, romance flick Eating Out 2: Sloppy Seconds.
- In 2012, Brett Fancy portrayed the role of Driller Killer in comedy, horror flick Kill Me Now.
- Brett Halsey, from 1962 action and adventure film Le sette spade del vendicatore, who portrayed Don Carlos de Bazan.
- In 1990, Brett Harmon characterized the role of Crawford in action, thriller flick Brush with Death.
- In 1980 drama movie, The Lucky Star, Brett Marx characterized David Goldberg.
- Brett O'Hara characterized central role of Madam Estrella in 1964 horror film The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies!!?.
- In 1995 action and drama film, Kleptomania, Brett Snell characterized Ben.
- In 2002 comedy film, Returning Mickey Stern, Brett Tabisel characterized Young Harry.
- Brett Tabor characterized the vital character of Dick in 1999 drama flick See Dick Die.
- Brett Zeller characterized the critical character of Carol in 1970 horror film Sinthia: The Devil's Doll.
- In 2017, Brett Gaffney characterized the role of Dylan Moore in drama movie Aimless.
- Brett Bennett, from 2005 comedy flick Bad Service, who portrayed the Jimmy Smitz.
- Brett Archer, from 2012 comedy, drama film The Longer Day of Happiness, who portrayed Garret Jones.
- Brett Hershey, from 1999 drama flick Dick Baby, who characterized the N.
- Brett Sherwood portrayed the leading role of Jay in 2003 drama flick Little Brother of War.
- In 2017, Brett Gelman characterized the role of Isaac in comedy, drama film Lemon.
- Brett Granstaff, from 2016 action and biography flick The Masked Saint, who played Chris Samuels.
- In 2005, Brett T. Friedmann portrayed the role of Sam in drama flick Life's Decisions.
- In 2016, Brett Goldstein characterized the role of Brendan in comedy, drama flick Adult Life Skills.
- In 2008 drama, romance flick, Trinity, Brett Fallon characterized Terrence Foster.
- Brett M. Butler played leading role of Dan in 2007 comedy flick Confusions of an Unmarried Couple.
- Brett Queen, from 1999 crime, thriller film Late Night Sessions, who characterized J.J..
- In 2010, Brett Lannen characterized the role of Brett the stalker in comedy movie Not an All-Star Cast.
- Brett Danek, from 2018 comedy, romance film Love Eclectic, who characterized Skeeter.