Brigid meaning and origin
Prominent Brigid is originated from Celtic is commonly used in English, Irish and Scottish and is given to girls, Brigid means "The Exalted One". Brigid is version of all time favorite, sacred and outstanding Bridget. Bridget is form of renowned Brigitte. Bridget is equivalent of Brigitte in English language. Also Bridget is equivalent of Brighid in English language. Customary Celtic Bridget, meaning of Bridget is "To Help and Saint".
Variants of BrigidNames that rhyme with Brigid
Popularity of Brigid
Brigid used to be a common name in United States, first appeared in 1917 and over 6055 babies have been given the name in 86 years. At the peak of its usage in 1965,. However after 86 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Also, A common name in Ireland with over 3163 new-borns have been given the name since 1964. At present the name is rising, in 1965, the moniker grabbed the 26th spot and 293 baby girls were given the name.
Brigid is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it may not be used now as it was last seen in 2009. But Brigid is a popular baby name in Kenya where every 1 in 6000 have the name. According to our research, at least 20000 people have been bestowed Brigid around the globe.
Here's what numbers has to say about Brigid
You like to be surrounded by strong, determine people who know what they want. You are reliable but unpredictable, fragile but emotionless at the same time. Leave your own mark in the world. You lack passion and wilderness. You are not selfish but you are not naive as well. Your devotion to people sometimes leads to disappointment because of your high expectations. You are a good planner who enjoys working.
You would love these names similar to Brigid
- Korentin means Hurricane is originated from Celtic
- Enis - Enis's meaning is Close Friend is a unisex name and rooted from Turkish and Celtic is used in Norwegian, Danish and Arabic
- Britt means The Exalted One or Sublime came from Celtic and Old English used as a unisex name is used in Danish, Icelandic and Greenlandic
- Kellig - Kellig's meaning is Fight is rooted from Celtic
- Marlynn - Marlynn's meaning is Variant of Marlene Woman from Magdala, Sea of Bitterness or Feminine of Marlon is principally used in English and is used for both genders is originated from Hebrew and Latin
Namesakes of Brigid
- Brigid of Kildare, is one of Ireland's patron saints
- Brigid Berlin, American artist and former Warhol superstar
- Brigid Hogan-O'Higgins, former Irish Fine Gael politician
- Brigid Marlin, American artist based in Hertfordshire
- Brigid Brophy, British novelist
- Brigid Brannagh, American actress
- Brigid Bazlen, American film, television and stage actress
- Brigid Boden, singer from Dublin, Ireland
- Brigid Brady in Johnny Cakes as Actress
- Brigid Zengeni in His Last Vow as Actress
- Brigid Ryan in The Retribution as Editor
- Brigid Duffy in Baby's Day Out as Actress
- Brigid O'Connell in Bridesmaids as Miscellaneous Crew
- Brigid Gallagher in Nether Poppleton, Yorkshire as
- Brigid Tierney in Affliction as Actress
- Brigid Turner in All for Jessica as Actress
- Brigid Reagan, from 2006 comedy, drama movie LOL, who played Ada.