Columbia name meaning
On This Page
What does Columbia mean?
Widespread and Ceaseless Columbia has its origin in Latin and English, Columbia means "A Dove" used as a gender insensitive name is used in English. Columbia is variant of Colombe. Used mostly in French and English widespread and enduring, Colombe has its origin in Latin, Colombe means "The Element Columba Meaning Dove and Dove".
Is Columbia suitable to use as a baby name?
Columbia is a unique and rarely used name for a baby girl. It has a beautiful and gentle sound to it, which makes it perfect for parents seeking something uncommon for their child.
The name's Latin origin gives it depth and history, and the meaning "dove" adds to its charm. It's a great way to honor nature, as doves are known for their peacefulness and purity.
Columbia also has an elegant ring to it, making it suitable for formal occasions, but still approachable enough for everyday use. Overall, Columbia is an excellent choice for parents looking for a distinctive name that exudes grace and tranquility.
How do I pronounce Columbia?
The proper pronunciation of three syllabled Columbia is c(o)-lu-mbia.
Variants of ColumbiaNames that rhyme with Columbia
How popular is the name Columbia?
Columbia is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1882 and was able to reach the top 900 names. In 1882, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 813 on girl names chart when 33 babies were named Columbia.
Over 645 babies in United States have been named Columbia. Also, Columbia is a familiar name in Philippines. At least, 600 people globally have carried Columbia as their given name according to our estimate.
Columbia in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Columbia?
There's not a problem you cannot solve. Follow your gut, not people. You seriously need to work on your self-confidence. You take calculated risks and take your ideas and the ideas of others seriously. You are a man of your word. In fact, your word is your bond. You often get carried away by your emotions and taken as crazy because of your excessive reactions to injustice. You are smart but prefer to play dumb to get things.
Parents who liked Columbia, loved these names
- Cecile - Meaning of Cecile is Blind or From the Latin Cecilia is a gender insensitive name dominantly used in Danish and English is of Latin origin
- Loris - Widespread unisex name Loris means "Laurel, Sweet Bay Tree Symbolic of Honor or Victory or The Bay" has its roots in Latin, Old Greek and English is prevalently used in Italian and English
- Kjerstin - The trendy girl name Kjerstin is used dominantly in Swedish and Danish has origin in Latin. Kjerstin is Swedish form of Kerstin
- Bulus is originated from Latin is used majorly in Arabic, Bulus means "Humble" is used as a baby boy name
- Tationna - Of Latin origin, Uncustomary Tationna means "King of the Sabines and From the House of Tatius" is used as a girl name. Tationna is derivation of Tatiana.
Middle names for Columbia
These are the famous and familiar middle names that we love for the name Columbia.
View more middle names that goes with Columbia.
Sibling Names for Columbia
If you're looking for a unique baby name that's inspired by a place, Columbia could be a great option. One way to make the name even more special is to consider giving your baby a sibling name that also has ties to geography or culture. Here are some ideas for sibling names that would pair nicely with Columbia.
For a sister
Brother to Columbia
Famous people named Columbia
- Columbia University Press, university press based in New York City
- Columbia Lancaster, American lawyer and politician
- Columbia, American racing yacht built
- Columbia, was one of the two yachts to successfully defend the second America's Cup race
- In 1958, Columbia Light played the role of Bokota in comedy film Taiyô musume to shachô-zoku.
Lists having Columbia
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Dove