Berit meaning and origin
Anomalous Berit's origin is Celtic and Old Norse is principally used in Swedish, Icelandic, Faroese, German, Danish, Scandinavian, Nordic, Finnish and Norwegian, meaning of Berit is "The Exalted One" is aimed at girls. Berit is variation of Berita. Berita is a variation of prevailing Birgitta. Berit is variant form of loved and pious Birgit. Birgit is variant form of loved Birgitta. Birgit is Nordic cognate of Birgitta and Brigitte. Unorthodox Birgit has its origin in Old Norse and Celtic, Birgit means "Sublime, The Exalted One and The Word Biarga with the Meaning to Help". Berit is variant form of perpetual and illustrous Bridget. Bridget is variant of dominant Brigitte. Bridget is English form of Brigitte. Also Bridget is form of Brighid in English language. Curious Bridget's origin is Celtic, meaning of Bridget is "Saint, Strength and Sublime".
Variants of BeritNames that rhyme with Berit
Popularity of Berit
Berit is an uncommon baby name in United States, even after 56 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 601 babies in United States have been named Berit. But Berit is a popular baby name in Sweden where every 1 in 400 have the name as well as in, Norway and Denmark. As per our findings, over 60000 babies have been bestowed Berit around the globe.
Berit in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Berit
You are aggressive by nature because of the many emotions you keep inside. You are reliable and always give the best advice. Partnerships are exclusively important to you. You have unrealistic ideas but lack the enthusiasm and motivation to realize any of them. Listen to the advice you give. You are born to enjoy not rush around all the time. Focus on improving the quality of the relationship you have with your family.
Other names similar to Berit
- Irvine - Used especially in English and Scottish durable and prevalent, Irvine aimed at both boys and girls, Irvine means "Green Water, Green River or Variant of Irving" is originated from Celtic
- Kayli - Widely Accepted girl name Kayli means "Descendant of Caollaidhe, Pure or Keeper of the Keys" and is used majorly in English language is originated from Celtic, Old Irish and Hebrew
- Guenoëlle means Happy or White or Well Considered has origin in Celtic
- Kaylen - Popular unisex name Kaylen is rooted from Old Irish, Celtic and Hebrew primarily used in English language, meaning of Kaylen is "Pure, Descendant of Caollaidhe or Keeper of the Keys"
- Kyla - Prevailing unisex name Kyla is used dominantly in English and Finnish, meaning of Kyla is "Slender or Lovely" has origin in Old Irish and Celtic
Namesakes of Berit
- Berit Berthelsen, retired athlete from Norway
- Berit Högman, Swedish social democratic politician
- Berit Jóhannesson, Swedish Left Party politician
- Berit Nesheim, is Norwegian film director
- Berit Andnor, Swedish Social Democratic politician
- Berit Aunli, Norwegian former cross country skier married to Ove Aunli
- Berit Bertling, Norwegian novelist
- Berit Mørdre, Norwegian cross-country skier
- Berit Ås, Norwegian politician
- Berit Reiss-Andersen, Norwegian lawyer
- Berit Wiacker, German bobsledder who has competed since 2002
- Berit Glaser in Das (perfekte) Desaster Dinner as Actress
- Berit Agedal in movie Firmafesten as Actress
- In 1946 drama movie, Om kjærligheten synger de, Berit Brænne characterized N.
- In 1954, Berit Frodi portrayed the role of Lena Hagen in crime, drama flick Flicka utan namn.
- Berit Kullander portrayed crucial role of Helen in 1971 drama film Gråt, elskede mann.
- In 1976 drama film, Heksene fra den forstenede skog, Berit Schelderup portrayed Unni.
Lists having Berit
- Girl names beginning with B
- American Girl Names
- Celtic Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Norse Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Ber
- Popular Girl Names in Norway (1955)
- Baby Names that mean Exalted
- Baby Names that mean One