Alena name meaning
On This Page
What does Alena mean?
Originated from Old Greek, Hebrew, Old French and Slavonic, Well-Known and Ceaseless Alena is prevalently used in Marathi, Finnish, Norwegian, Hindi, Slavic, Danish, Icelandic, Tamil, Czech and Swedish, Alena means "Torch, Of Magdala, Olena or Shining" is used for girls.
Alena is form of immutable and customary Alina. Alina is variant of well-known and enduring Aline. Alina is resultant of Adèle. Alina is a short version of Adeline. Also Alina is short of Adelina.
Alina is also short version of Adeline. Alina is Scandinavian and Czech form of Helena. Also Alina is Czech and Scandinavian cognate of Helene. Originated from Celtic, Old High German and Arabic, Prevalent and All time favorite Alina, Alina means "Light, Noble and Bright".
Alena is version of timeless and dominant Helena. Helena is a version of pleasing and venerable Helen. Helena is Latin form of Helene. Origin of Darling and Evergreen Helena is in Old Greek, meaning of Helena is "Light, Shine One and Sun Ray".
Alena is a derivation of Olena. Olena is a feminine variation of Ole: New Combination of Ol. Also Olena is an effeminate form of Len. Olena is equivalent of Helen in Russian and Ukrainian languages.
Also Olena is form of Lilian in Russian language. Noteworthy and All time favorite Olena's origin is Greek and Latin, meaning of Olena is "Light". Also Alena is form of Adelena in German language.
Also Alena is form of Magdalena in Hungarian and Czech languages.
Does Alena work as a baby name?
Yes, Alena is a lovely name for a baby girl and its origin is Russian meaning "tower". Alena is an independent and strong-willed name that reflects the strength of a tower.
It's associated with comeliness and charm, making it perfect for young girls. Alena has the potential to be a great leader due to its positive qualities such as strength, courage and high ambition.
As such, parents can be sure they are giving their daughter all the tools she needs to become an inspiring individual when she grows up.
How do I pronounce Alena?
The three syllabled name Alena is pronounced, a-le-na.
Variants of Alena
Middle Names for Alena
Faie, Cheyanne, view more middle names that goes with AlenaNames that rhyme with Alena
How popular is the name Alena?
In United States, Alena was once a common name since emerging in 1891 it has been given to over 13313 babies. At the peak of its usage in 2015,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 122 years but it is still in a strong position.
Alena is a familiar baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 100 names. In 2012, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 86 on girl names chart when 77 babies were given the name Alena.
Over 1091 babies in Switzerland have been named Alena.
Alena is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 1000 names.
In 2006, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 928 on girl names chart when 34 babies were named Alena. There are over 430 babies that have been given the name Alena in England and Wales.
Also, in France, it has been in use since 1989 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 2003, it ranked 1213rd when 31 girls were named Alena. Over 473 people have been named Alena in France.
Alena is an uncommon baby name in still in use in Ireland. In Belgium, it has been in use since 2002 and achieved its top ranking of 843 in 2010. However things change on global perspective, Alena is extremely popular in Russia where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in Czech Republic.
Also the baby name is popular in Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Slovakia, Belarus, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan. According to our research, at least 850000 people have been bestowed Alena around the globe.
Alena in Nordic countries
What numerology tells about Alena?
You never get tired from trying to be better than you were yesterday. You want to achieve a great success and accomplish your dreams in order to prove yourself you can do it. You don't brag with your success and tend to keep a low profile. People see you as their leader because of your attitude, determination, and creative thinking. The letter A as your capstone reveals how you look at life and people in general.
You would love these names similar to Alena
- Mentor - Boy name Mentor means "Teacher or Mentor" has its roots in Old Greek is dominantly used in Albanian
- Orthea - Girl name Orthea is of Old Greek origin, meaning of Orthea is "God's Gift"
- Sébastienne - Commonly used in French, Sébastienne means "From Sebaste or Honored". Its origin is in Old Greek is a baby girl name
- Helenann - Atypical Helenann is used largely in English aimed at girls and of Old Greek origin, Helenann means "The Torch and Shining Light". Helenann is derived from Helen.
- Theia - Unheard-of Theia came from Greek, meaning of Theia is "Divine" is a girl name
Sibling Names for Alena
If you're looking for the perfect name to complement "Alena", why not consider a sibling name with a similar origin or vibe? We've curated a list of names that pair well with Alena, from classic to modern, and everything in between. Check out our top picks below!
Sister for Alena
Names for Alena's brother
Famous people named Alena
- Alena Newmyarzhytskaya, Belarusian sprinter
- Alena Vostrá, Czech novelist
- Alena Arshinova, Russian politician, model and sociologist
- Alena Baeva, Russian violinist
- Alena Bartošová, former Czechoslovakian cross country skier
- Saint Alena, Christian saint who, if historical
- Alena Vrzáňová, Czech figure skater
- Alena Popchanka, 4-time Olympic freestyle and butterfly swimmer originally
- Alena Šeredová, Czech model and actress currently living and working
- Alena Sharp, professional golfer from Canada
- Alena Leonova, Russian figure skater
- Alena Amialiusik is a professional Belarusian cyclist.
- Alena Ambrová is notable for her acting in movie When the Stars Were Red
- Alena Johnston, from 1973 action and adventure movie Le guerriere dal seno nudo, who played the Antiope.
- In 1990, Alena Knotková characterized the role of Renata In movie Houpacka.
- In 1974, Alena Penz played the role of Sally in comedy flick Auf der Alm da gibt's koa Sünd.
- In 1966 comedy, family movie, Káta a krokodýl, Alena Cechová characterized Tána.
- Alena Konopíková, from 1981 drama flick Velké prání, who characterized ucitelka Jitka Zelená.
- Alena Dzebo, from 2015 drama movie Sabina K., who played Sabina.
Lists having Alena
- Biblical Girl Names
- Girl names beginning with A
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- French Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Hebrew Girl Names
- Czech Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Hindi Girl Names
- Marathi Girl Names
- Tamil Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Slavic Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Indian Girl Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -lena
- Girl names that starts with Ale
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2012)
- Baby Names that mean Torch
- Baby Names that mean Magdala
- Baby Names that mean Shining