Dar name meaning
On This Page
What does Dar mean?
Used particulary in Hebrew and English rarefied, Dar means "Place Where Deer Graze, Pearl, Lord, Possessor, Diminutive of Darby, Dear or Loved". Its origin is in Hebrew, Old English, Old Norse, English and Old French is aimed at baby boys.
Dar is variation of illustrous Darcy. Notably used in English and Irish far-out, Darcy, meaning of Darcy is "The Word Arx with the Meaning Fortress and From Arcy" came from Gaelic and Old French.
Dar is variation of frequently used Darnell. Mostly used in English and English unexpected, Darnell, meaning of Darnell is "The Elements Derne Meaning Hidden Secret and From Airelle" has its origin in Old French and Old English.
Dar is variant of cherished Darby. Darby means Park with Deer and Deer Town Farmstead Where Deer Are Kept has origin in Old Norse. Dar is variant of unfading and prevalent Darwin.
Darwin means Dear Friend is used in English and Tamil came from Old English.
How is Dar seen as a baby name?
Dar is a Hebrew boy name that means pearl. It has biblical roots and has been used as a boys name since ancient times.
It is seen as a symbol of beauty and innocence, making it an appropriate choice for a newborn baby boy. Dar is associated with qualities of creativity, kindness and altruism, offering parents an attractive option when searching for a suitable name for their son.
It also carries the connotation of strength and power which can be beneficial to any male child hoping to make his own mark in the world.
How do I pronounce Dar?
You can pronounce the one syllabled name Dar as dar.
Variants of DarNames that rhyme with Dar
How popular is the name Dar?
Dar is an uncommon baby name in still in use in United States. But Dar is a popular baby name in Pakistan where every 1 in 6000 have the name as well as in Yemen.
At least, 80000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
What numbers say about Dar?
You have the ability to predict things before they happen thanks to your strong intuition. Number 1 reveals your positive attitude and originality. You respect rules but not enough to follow them blindly. You don't believe much in love. However, deep inside, you secretly wish to find someone who will prove you wrong. You appreciate freedom and like to hang around open-minded people without prejudgments about others.
Parents who liked Dar, loved these names
- Susannah - The famous and perennial unisex name Susannah is principally used in English and Finnish, Susannah means "Lily or Graceful Lily In the Apocryphal Book of Tobit Susannah Courageously Defended Herself Against Wrongful Accusation. White Lilies Grew In the Biblical City of Susa In Persia" has its origin in Hebrew
- Lizette - Cherished and Venerable unisex name Lizette came from Hebrew, chiefly used in English and Danish languages, meaning of Lizette is "Consecrated to God, God of Plenty or God is My Oath"
- Elís - The famous unisex name Elís is principally used in Finnish, Icelandic and Danish. Elís is equivalent of Elis in Icelandic language
- Noémy came from Hebrew, meaning of Noémy is "Sweet or Graceful"
- Yannaël - Meaning of Yannaël is God is Merciful is originated from Hebrew, used largely in Breton
Sibling Names for Dar
Are you searching for a unique name that stands out in a crowd? Look no further than "Dar"! To help you decide on the perfect name for your little one, we've compiled a list of sibling names that complement this beautiful moniker. Check out our suggestions below!
For a sister
Brother for Dar
Famous people named Dar
- Dar Heatherington, Canadian former politician
- Dar Williams, American singer-songwriter specializing
- Dar Robinson, American stunt performer and actor
- Darnekia Dowl in The Prelude as Actress
- Darianne Galden in Graduation Day: Part 2 as Actress
- Darcy Flynn in The Witches as Actress
- Darlene Choo in Wind Chill as Miscellaneous Crew
- Dar Bernardo Darylle Francis Johnny Salvador, known by his artistic name as Dar Bernardo, is a television actor, model and Filipino singer.
- Actor Dar Billingham, known for TV series Wasteland
- Dar Kashmiri played minor role of N in 1946 drama flick Room No. 9.
Lists having Dar
- Boy names beginning with D
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- French Boy Names
- Hebrew Boy Names
- Norse Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Dar
- Baby Names that mean Place
- Baby Names that mean Deer
- Baby Names that mean Pearl
- Baby Names that mean Lord
- Baby Names that mean Possessor
- Baby Names that mean Dear
- Baby Names that mean Loved