Dimitri meaning and origin
Well-Liked Dimitri has its origin in Old Greek, Dimitri means "Dedicated to Demeter or Earth-Lover" used as a unisex name is dominantly used in Danish, English, Finnish, Russian, French, Norwegian and Swedish. Dimitri is short of Demetrius. Demetrius is Latin form of Demetrios. Origin of Famous Demetrius is in Old Greek, meaning of Demetrius is "Follower of Demeter and Dedicated to Demeter". Also Dimitri is Russian and Nordic form of Demetrios. It is celebrated on October 26th.
Variants of DimitriNames that rhyme with Dimitri
Popularity of Dimitri
Dimitri was among the popular names in France. Since emerging in 1914 around 38216 babies have been given the moniker. At the peak of its usage in 1989, the moniker grabbed the 47th spot and 1877 baby boys were given the name. However after 99 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 50 baby names 1 times In United States, Dimitri was once a common name since emerging in 1917 it has been given to over 8222 babies. When at the peak of its usage in 1992,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 105 years but it is still going strong. Also, A common name in Belgium with over 871 new-borns have been given the name since 1995. Presently the name is rising, in 1995, 106 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 121st position.
Dimitri is a unique baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 2001, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 184 on boy names chart when 41 babies were named Dimitri. Over 569 people have been named Dimitri in Switzerland. Dimitri is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 1996 but could not make beyond the top 1000. There are over 296 babies that have been given the name Dimitri in England and Wales.
But Dimitri is a popular baby name in Georgia where every 1 in 500 have the name. At least, 80000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
Dimitri in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Dimitri?
Don't let opportunities slip away only because you were busy making others happy. Sometimes, you act selfishly. Asking others to help you out is out of the question. If the letter I represent your capstone, work on your emotional side. Stop giving everyone a second chance and move on with your life. Focus on what makes your heart happy. You are always in the center of attention and the one who stands for what's right.
Go through the following names similar to Dimitri
- Cinzia - Unfamiliar Cinzia has its origin in Old Greek bestowed upon baby girls, Cinzia means "Precious Stone or Woman from the Mountain Kynthos on Delos Island" is primarily used in Spanish and Italian
- Katalin - Katalin's meaning is The Pure is originated from Old Greek is a baby girl name is used chiefly in Finnish and Danish
- Nichalas - Nichalas's meaning is Victory and People and People of Victory is used as a boy name has origin in Old Greek. Nichalas is resultant of Nicholas.
- Zoëlie means Life is rooted from Greek
- Andréa - Meaning of Andréa is The Brave or Man is used as a girl name which came from Old Greek is substantially used in Swedish and Danish
Namesakes of Dimitri
- Dimitri Uznadze, Georgian psychologist and professor of psychology
- Dimitri Riabouchinsky, Russian fluid dynamicist noted for his discovery of the Riabouchinsky solid technique
- Dimitri Minakakis, American musician and graphic designer best known as the original singer of the band The Dillinger Escape Plan
- Dimitri Illarionov, Russian classical guitarist
- Dimitri Gusakov, member for the LDPR of the State Duma of Russia
- Dimitri Nicolau, composer, stage director, conductor, musicologist
- Dimitri Szarzewski, French rugby union footballer
- Dimitri Liakopoulos, Greek theatre and television actor, best
- Dimitri Peters, German judoka
- Dimitri Arakishvili, Georgian composer and ethnomusicologist considered as one of the founding fathers of modern Georgian music
- Dimitri Bakradze, Georgian scholar
- Dimitri Nanopoulos, Greek physicist
- Dimitri Nalivkin, geologist from the Soviet Union
- Dimitri Kitsikis, Greek Turkologist and Sinologist
- Dimitri Tiomkin, Russian-born American film composer and conductor
- Dimitri Tsafendas, Mozambican lifelong political militant and the assassin of Prime Minister of South Africa Hendrik Verwoerd on 6 September 1966
- Dimitri Amilakhvari, French military officer and Lieutenant Colonel of the French Foreign Legion
- Dimitri Mitropoulos, Greek conductor, pianist, and composer
- Dimitri Jorjadze, Georgian nobleman
- Dimitri Yachvili, French former rugby union footballer
- Dimitri from Paris, Turkish born French music producer and DJ of Greek descent
- Dimitri Voudouris, archive
- Dimitri Mascarenhas, former English cricketer
- Dimitri Shevardnadze, Georgian painter
- Dimitri Tikovoï, French record producer and DJ
- Dimitri Patterson, former American football cornerback
- Dimitri Simes, is president and CEO of The Center for the National Interest and publisher of its foreign policy bi-monthly magazine
- Dimitri Obolensky, Russian-born historian
- Dimitri Kipiani, Georgian statesman, publicist
- Dimitri Davidovic, Belgian of Serbian descent former football player
- Dimitri Pelo, French professional rugby league footballer
- Dimitri De Fauw, Belgian professional road and track bicycle racer
- Dimitri Payet, French professional footballer
- Dimitri Fampas, Greek classical guitarist and composer
- Dimitri Verhulst, Belgian writer and poet
- Dimitri, Swiss clown and mime artist
- Dimitri Champion, French former road bicycle racer,
- Dimitri Kahirau, Belarusian figure skater
- Dimitri Pätzold, Kazakh-born German professional ice hockey goaltender currently playing for the Krefeld Pinguine of the Deutsche Eishockey Liga
- Dimitri Kirilov, Russian professional boxer
- Dimitri Progoni, third and the last 'Prince of the Albanians' of the Progon family
- Dimitri Konyshev, Russian former road bicycle racer
- Dimitris Ziakas in 4 mavra kostoumia as Set Decorator
- Dimitrije Vojnov in The ABCs of Death as Writer
- Dimitri Kirsanoff in Ménilmontant as Director
- Dimitris Horn in Alloimono stous neous as Actor
- Dimitri Karakatsanis in Small Gods as Director
- Dimitri Storoge in Nuit #1 as Actor
- Dimitri Buchowetzki was a Russian director, screenwriter and actor, with a career that he developed in Germany, Sweden, the United States, the United Kingdom and France.
- Dimitri Creona played important role of Kobzar in 1939 drama, musical film Cossacks in Exile.
- Dimitri Jaiani, from 2001 drama film Angelozis gadaprena, who portrayed The Priest.
- In 2009 documentary movie, Les Ailes brisées, Dimitri Jourde portrayed Dancer and Self.
- In 1990, Dimitri Tamarov characterized the role of Artista in fantasy, mystery film Majidas.
- In 1995, Dimitri Christy played the role of Johnson In movie Mr. Ahmed.
- In 1915 film, Andrey Toboltsev, Dimitri Gundurov portrayed N.
- In 1968, Dimitri Nabokov played the role of Steve in crime, drama movie Una jena in cassaforte.
Lists having Dimitri
- Boys names beginning with D
- Girls names beginning with D
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Russian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in France (2001)
- Baby Names that mean Dedicated
- Baby Names that mean Demeter
- Baby Names that mean Earth
- Baby Names that mean Lover