Eve name meaning
On This Page
What does Eve mean?
Eve means To Breath, To Live, Good News, Living, Life, The Enlivening or Alive used for both genders and originated from English, Hebrew and Old French is principally used in Norwegian, Danish, English, French, Finnish and Swedish.
Eve is variant of conifer, desirable and fashinable Eva. Eva is version of Germanic Names Beginning with Ev-. Also Eva is version of Names Beginning with Eva-, Eve- . Eva is equivalent of Eve in German, Spanish and Slavic languages.
Also Eva is equivalent of The Hebrew Name חַוָּה in Latin language. Pleasing and Evergreen Hebrew, Germanic and Old Greek Eva, meaning of Eva is "Good News and Life". Eve is shortened form of Evelyn.
Evelyn is form of biblical and prominent Eve. Evelyn is English form of Ava. Also Evelyn is English equivalent of Eva. Evelyn is also English equivalent of Eve. Evelyn is also English equivalent of Evelina.
Widely Accepted and Enduring Evelyn has its origin in Hebrew and Old French, Evelyn means "Light, Bird and Hazelnut". Eve is Swedish equivalent of Evert. It is celebrated on September 6.
Is Eve suitable to use as a baby name?
Eve is a charming and elegant name for baby girls. Its popularity has risen over the years thanks to its simplicity and timeless appeal.
One of the most significant features of this name is its Hebrew origin, which means "life" and "animal." It represents the desire for vitality and energy in life, making it a perfect choice for parents who want their daughter to lead an active and fulfilling life.
Additionally, the name Eve has biblical connotations as it was first introduced in the Book of Genesis as the first woman in creation, which adds to its religious significance. Overall, Eve is a strikingly beautiful name that embodies vitality, femininity, and gracefulness all at once.
How do I pronounce Eve?
The one syllabled name Eve is commonly pronounced as e-ve. eev is the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of Eve
Nicknames for Eve
Baby name Eve is already a short name, but some possible candidates include:Names that rhyme with Eve
How popular is the name Eve?
Eve is a popular name in United States given to over 25374 babies in 139 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1907, the moniker grabbed the 414th spot and 727 baby girls were given the name.
Moreover, the given name has been to the top 500 baby names 15 times Also, Eve is a popular in England and Wales where over 13561 new-borns have been given the name since 1996.
At the peak of its usage in 2001, the moniker grabbed the 50th spot and 976 baby girls were given the name. Moreover, the name has been to the top 50 baby names 1 times
In France, Eve was once a common name since emerging in 1966 it has been given to over 12856 babies.
At its zenith in 1980,. However after 53 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but it is still going strong. But Eve is a popular baby name in England where every 1 in 7000 have the name as well as in, DR Congo and Uganda.
As per our findings, over 100000 people has been named Eve globally.
Eve in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Eve
You are persistent but without motivation, you won't accomplish anything. You are never bored. Even when you are alone. You have this perfect life everyone admires. However, your life is far from perfect, and so are you. You like people too but prefer your solitude. Skin touch makes you nervous because you feel it so deeply that it makes you tremble. You are always open to new adventures. You should avoid treating other people like you are better than them.
Parents who liked Eve, loved these names
- Toney - Of Latin origin, Famed and Conifer Toney means "Praiseworthy" and is used in English is a unisex name . Dominant name Toney elevated to 484th position on baby boy names chart in 1888 in United States
- Lara - Meaning of Lara is Bright, Protection or Native of Larissa has its origin in Old Greek and Latin given to both boys and girls is used principally in Finnish and Oriya
- Gayle - Prominent and Perennial unisex name Gayle is used in Hindi, Marathi and Tamil, Gayle means "Beautiful Woman, Stranger or My Father Rejoices" came from English and Middle
- Rhys means Ardent, Rash or Zealous is of Welsh origin, majorly used in English and Welsh is used as a gender-neutral name
- Dona - Dominant and Perennial unisex name Dona is of Latin and African-Hausa origin, meaning of Dona is "Mistress"
Sibling Names for Eve
Choosing a name for your little one can be an exciting, yet overwhelming experience. If you've decided on the name "Eve" and are looking for sibling names that complement it, we have gathered a list of some great options to help make your search easier. From classic to modern, here are some sibling names that go well with Eve.
Sister for Eve
Brother to Eve
Famous people named Eve
- Eve Beglarian, contemporary American composer
- Eve Garnett, English writer and illustrator
- Eve Joseph, Canadian poet and author
- Eve Rimmer, New Zealand athlete
- Eve Goldberg, Canadian Jewish folk musician
- Eve Queler, American conductor and the 'emerita' Artistic Director of the Opera Orchestra of New York
- Eve Forward, author and television screenwriter
- Eve Gil, Mexican writer and journalist from Hermosillo
- Eve Gallagher, English singer from Sunderland
- Eve Tetaz, retired Washington
- Eve Arden, American film, radio, stage
- Eve 6, American rock band
- Eve, American rapper, singer, songwriter, and actress
- Eve Kosofsky Sedgwick, American academic scholar
- Eve Bunting, Northern Ireland-born American writer of more than 250 books
- Eve van Grafhorst, was one of the first Australian children to be infected with HIV
- Eve Arnold, OBE, Hon
- Eve Ensler, American playwright, performer, feminist
- Eve Titus, American children's writer
- Eve Merriam, American poet and writer
- Eve Libertine, British singer
- Eve Graham, Scottish singer
- Eve Johnstone, Scottish physician, clinical researcher
- Eve Plumb, American actress, singer, and painter
- Eve Langley, Australian-New Zealand novelist and poet
- Eve Meyer, American pin-up model, motion picture actress
- Eve of Destiny, Japanese industrial rock band
- Eve Chalom, American former competitive ice dancer
- Eve Myles, Welsh actress from Ystradgynlais
- Eve, South Korean rock band
- Eve Brent, American actress known for her role as Jane
- Eve Best, English stage and screen actress and director
- Eve Whittle, American actress and child psychologist best
- Eve von Bibra, Australian singer-songwriter and actress
- Eve Gordon, American actress
- Eve Sussman, British-born American artist of film, video
- Eve Boswell, successful pop singer in Britain in the 1950s
- Eve Pollard, English author
- Eve Torres, American actress, dancer, model
- Eve, figure in the Book of Genesis in the Hebrew Bible
- Eve Rudin in Hot Mitzvah as Actress
- Evelyn Ellis in The Lady from Shanghai as Actress
- Eve Roberts in Fearless as Actress
- Eve Annenberg, from 2016 comedy flick From Hollywood to Rose, who characterized Woman in Wedding Dress.
- In 1915, Eve Balfour portrayed the role of Hermina Barton in drama, romance flick The Woman Who Did.
- Eve Becke characterized central role of Sylvia in 1935 comedy film Say It with Diamonds.
- Eve Cotton portrayed central character of N in 1979 movie Ève avait l'éclat métallique de l'été.
- In 1917, Eve Dorrington played the role of N In movie Intemperance.
- Eve Landers played leading character of Maureen in 1999 movie Rita's Stew.
- In 1935, Eve Lister portrayed the role of Lady Susan in comedy, thriller film Birds of a Feather.
- Eve Marchew, from 1918 drama flick The Great Game, who played the N.
- Eve Miller portrayed central role of Molly Parnell in 1947 action and comedy film Buckaroo from Powder River.
- In 1938 drama movie, Tea Leaves in the Wind, Eve Shelley played Margot Hastings.
- Eve Carson, from drama movie Clown Song, who characterized the Madeleine.
- Eve Richards characterized the leading character of Patron and Thearte goer In drama, romance flick This Is Your Song.
- Eve Andre played central character of Eva in 1998 action and crime film Tappev Tartu.
Lists having Eve
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with E
- Girls names beginning with E
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Eve
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2009)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2015)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2017)
- Baby Names that mean Breath
- Baby Names that mean Live
- Baby Names that mean Good
- Baby Names that mean Living
- Baby Names that mean Life
- Baby Names that mean Enlivening
- Baby Names that mean Alive