Eben meaning and origin
Eben is equivalent of Ebenezer in English and Welsh languages.
Variants of Eben
View middle names that goes with Eben like Lance, Pierson, Sheldon, Jarred, Luan, Arlen,Names that rhyme with Eben
Popularity of Eben
Eben is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1880 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 1888, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 528 on boy names chart when 100 babies were named Eben. There are over 3320 babies that have been given the name Eben in United States. Also, in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 2013, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 544 on boy names chart when 67 babies were named Eben. There are over 598 babies that have been given the name Eben in England and Wales.
Eben is an uncommon baby name in France, its highest ever rank is 2545 (2014) in its 11 years run on France naming chart. In Belgium, it has been in use since 2003 and achieved its top ranking of 700 in 2014. But Eben is a popular baby name in Ghana where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Indonesia and South Africa. According to our research, at least 20000 people have been bestowed Eben around the globe.
Eben in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Eben?
You are dominant and leadership comes out naturally for you. You like people too but prefer your solitude. Sometimes, you act like a control freak. If number 1 is your soul urge no, it means you should be more independent. If letter N is your capstone in your name, you are driven by success, spirituality, personal growth and accomplishing impossible goals. You live to surprise yourself. You inspire people but can't find a way to inspire yourself to make the first step and show the world what you can do.
Looking for a name like Eben? Please go through the following names
- Liran - Unexpected choice and Fresh boy name Liran has origin in Hebrew, meaning of Liran is "My Joy" is used dominantly in Hebrew
- Serafino - Anomalous Serafino has its origin in Hebrew is mainly used in Italian, Serafino means "Angel" is a baby boy name
- Joord is used chiefly in Dutch aimed at baby boys, Joord means "Olive Tree and The Descending" is originated from Hebrew. Joord is short version of Jordan.
- Malakie - The queer and modern boy name Malakie means "Messenger, My Angel and My Messenger" has its origin in Hebrew language. Malakie is derivative of Malachi.
- Deror - Meaning of Deror is Freedom Free-Flowing a Swallow is used as a boy name and is chiefly used in Hebrew has origin in Hebrew
Namesakes of Eben
- Eben Norton Horsford, American scientist
- Eben Samuel Johnson, English-American bishop of the Methodist Episcopal Church
- Eben E. Rexford, American writer and poet
- Eben Smith, successful mine owner, smelting company executive
- Eben Alexander, American scholar, educator, dean, and ambassador
- Eben Martin, attorney and politician in South Dakota
- Eben Edwards Beardsley, clergyman of the Episcopal Church
- Eben Jenks Loomis, American astronomer, born in Oppenheim, New York
- Eben Moglen, professor of law and legal history at Columbia University
- Eben Byers, wealthy American socialite, athlete
- Eben Sumner Draper, American businessman and politician
- Eben Dönges, South African politician
- Eben F. Stone, U.S. Representative from Massachusetts
- Eben Newton, U.S. Representative from Ohio
- Eben Ezra Roberts, American architect known for his work
- Eben Fiske Ostby, For the development of the Marionette Three-Dimensional Computer Animation System
- In 2004 drama, romance movie, Crutch, Eben Gordon played David Graham.
- Eben McGarr played the role of N in horror flick Mad Monster.